Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-14-2009, 05:26 PM
EVERY DAY IS A HAPPY DAY

Send a message via Skype™ to crazy raplh
I saw it last night , I thought it was good. I kind with they would have dove more into jasons past and psychological make up. and shown a good shot of his face. I liked the jason house, though he never kept a victum alive and he never ran. and he had a sence of where people were when they were hiding from him

http://www.yourwellnessbreakthrough.com/jdrewien/
Old 02-14-2009, 06:36 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to milktoaste
I'm pretty sure the only reason he kept the girl alive was explained in the foreshadowing of the film. It seems too soon for spoilers, but it's all laid out in the movie, if you had paid attention.
"The physical body is acknowledged as dust, the personal drama as delusion. It is as if the world we perceive through our senses, that whole gorgeous and terrible pageant, were the breath-thin surface of a bubble, and everything else, inside and outside, is pure radiance. Both suffering and joy come then like a brief reflection, and death like a pin" Stephen Mitchell
Old 02-14-2009, 07:03 PM
Dead Whore

I've enjoyed most of the F13 series, so I didn't go into this expecting much.
Haven't been a fan of the remake bug thats taken over the industry since the late 90s.

Here's a few quick thoughts(Spoiler Alert)

-Pacing was pretty good. Fast but never seemed rushed
-I actually enjoyed how they dealt with the original film's plot durng the opening credits. Lets be honest here folks, everyone loves jason, not mama.
- kinda skimped on the gore, but in all fairness, it wasn't needed. You go into a slasher flick expecting inventive deaths and a fair amount of gore, this one had inventive deaths, homage deaths, and some gore. I felt there were going for quick pace and atmosphere instead of cheap visuals.
-only used the "ki ki ki, ma ma ma" twice after the opening credits, nice
-thank the lord they didn't try to give Jason some sorta touchy feely, awwwww storyline. He's Jason, he hates people, he kills people, nuff said
-the locals seemed to know something about who Jason was and left him alone, nice lil bit not touched on too much, just there to add flavr
-the score was usual modern horror fare, not great, but not horrible. it was just there
-Jason keeping a captive immedietly set off a buzzer in my head, but it seemed like they wanted to use the gal and the small link to his mother to set up the sequel, that could be interesting
-Jason looked great. They didn't show him too much, and I actually liked that they didn't give you a good look at his face. We all know what he looks like. While I'll admit I go into each one rooting for Jason, It did seem like they showed him less than in previous flicks. Like I mentioned earlier, it seemed they were going for more atmosphere, less visual gimmicks.

Overall I liked it. It isn't going to become my favorite in the series, but it didn't need to. Good homage to the series we all grew up loving.

In closing;
Bring on the Unrated DVD
Old 02-14-2009, 07:21 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

My kid liked it, but didn't love it. It was really fun seeing this film with my horror-making friends, but I found it rather weak... but then again all the Fri 13th films are weak. It was sort of fun. It wasn't the best in the series and it wasn't the worst.

One of my biggest gripes - Out-of-focus does not make it scary or more visceral, it just makes it out-of-focus. Would it have killed them to actually lock off a shot or two?

And what the fuck happened to Crazy Ralph?

The "Tuesday the 17th" episode of PSYCH was better than this reboot - it was funny and got all the homage points right.

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 02-14-2009, 07:24 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taom View Post
In closing;
Bring on the Unrated DVD
Hell fucking ya. I also liked 'the locals' angle on the movie, I thought I even even recognized the tow truck from Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3? I think I'm thinking of 3-the peice of shit with Mathew Mcconaughey. Either way, it made the story easier to swallow.
"The physical body is acknowledged as dust, the personal drama as delusion. It is as if the world we perceive through our senses, that whole gorgeous and terrible pageant, were the breath-thin surface of a bubble, and everything else, inside and outside, is pure radiance. Both suffering and joy come then like a brief reflection, and death like a pin" Stephen Mitchell
Old 02-14-2009, 07:26 PM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
Quote:
Originally Posted by milktoaste View Post
Hell fucking ya. I also liked 'the locals' angle on the movie, I thought I even even recognized the tow truck from Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3? I think I'm thinking of 3-the peice of shit with Mathew Mcconaughey. Either way, it made the story easier to swallow.
4 was the one you're thinking of. 3 was the one with Ken Foree and Viggo Mortinsen duking it out.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:21 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by massacre man View Post
4 was the one you're thinking of. 3 was the one with Ken Foree and Viggo Mortinsen duking it out.
Thanks, too lazy to look it up myself.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:37 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderick Usher View Post
One of my biggest gripes - Out-of-focus does not make it scary or more visceral, it just makes it out-of-focus. Would it have killed them to actually lock off a shot or two?
Though I haven't seen this remake yet but I seriously hate this out of focus style too. So definitely that would be a major disappointing part about the film for me. :mad: But still I'm expecting to see a decent slasher at least.
Old 02-14-2009, 10:22 PM
AsteroidsDoNotConcernMe

And there is a reference to "Blue Velvet" near the beginning of the film, a dialogue semi-quote. Kinda funny.

Yes, it's not the best or the worst...I think I was happy with it because I wanted to see something mediocre, just your basic F13 flick. I was hoping that it was actually about a summer camp--that would have made it quite a bit more fun--but oh well.

Friend....gooooood!

Old 02-15-2009, 12:04 AM
Misanthrope

Any word on a sequel yet?