Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-13-2014, 12:00 PM
Evil Dead

That's what Clive Barker wanted originally. I think I read he actually wanted Julia to be the main villain.
Old 08-18-2014, 03:20 AM
Evil Dead

Have seen three of them and liked the first one best. Original weird story, plus think Andrew Robinson is a great actor, especially in DIRTY HARRY (1971) and CHARLEY VARRICK (1973).
Old 08-24-2014, 03:22 AM
Banned

Hellraiser Rankings:

Great:
Orig.
Hellbound

Good:
Inferno

Average:
Hellworld
Deader
Bloodline
Hell on Earth

Turkeys:
Hellseeker
Revelations
Old 08-25-2014, 07:54 PM
the walls are bleeding.

I think the original film is by far the best. I've seen that film an ungodly amount of times, and yet I can still happily watch it. Can't say the same for any of the sequels. But, I will admit, 'Hellbound' has it's charm.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:27 PM
Hellraiser

I am a huge fan of Hellraiser. I loved the first one, but I really enjoyed the second one more. The Dr. Channard cenobite was scary as hell! I His laugh really freaked me out! Doug Bradley's performance was awesome. I also loved how we got to see more of hell and leviathan. I actually met Doug Bradley and told him that I really enjoyed Hellraiser 2 more because of my above statement. His exact words were " I can't believe that you just said that."He looked at me like I was insane. He is a pretty cranky man. I shouldn't have expected anything else from they guy. He plays a cenobite for a living. lol
Old 08-31-2014, 01:12 PM
Evil Dead

The 3rd one. I found it to be fun and extremely entertaining!

Old 09-25-2014, 07:40 PM
Splatter Punkette

Send a message via AIM to Siemelle Send a message via MSN to Siemelle Send a message via Skype™ to Siemelle
I have to say, first and foremost, that I haven't seen all of the movies in the series and those I have seen past the third installment....I can't actually remember so I think it's safe to say I can rule those films out. The first will always be the superior in my own world of preferences because it has a sick, gothic, sadomasochistic simplicity to it that, despite the fact that this could have taken on a totally different feel given those elements, somehow managed to be horrifying. The score is eerie, there are JUST enough of the cenobites in it for me, and it is brutal yet has this otherworldly appeal to it that makes it one of my favorites!
Old 09-29-2014, 06:44 PM
Handler of the New Flesh

I personally like to think of Hellraiser and Hellbound one movie, considering I always watch the two together anyway. But Hellbound is considered a Horror masterpiece in my book.
"I stood there. Stood there and stared in amazement and cold horror at the pulsing, quivering organs clinging to the oozing pink flesh." -- Goosebumps #61: I Live In Your Basement
Old 09-30-2014, 03:36 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimzon Naga View Post
I personally like to think of Hellraiser and Hellbound one movie, considering I always watch the two together anyway. But Hellbound is considered a Horror masterpiece in my book.
I thought of Hellbound as just a bunch of random scenes strung together. I didn't really enjoy it much.
Old 09-30-2014, 04:38 AM
Midnight toker

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
I thought of Hellbound as just a bunch of random scenes strung together. I didn't really enjoy it much.
Hellbound had a bunch of problems with editing and there are a few scenes that really don't work at all. Tony Randel talks about some of the issues and problems he had making Hellbound in the directors commentary if I remember right.

That said, if you can get passed that, its really a great movie and lots of fun. Kenneth Cranham as Channard is awesome and there are plenty of cool concepts thrown in there and lots of nice ideas with some great sfx to back it all up. The climax is pretty badass too. It doesn't capture the same sadomasochistic tone or grim atmosphere as the first movie, but its still a good flick.