Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum

Old 11-20-2014, 06:01 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Found Footage Horror Movie Tournament

This is like a fast-growing mutated parasite! Though the definition has become a blanket term for all horror films that have a faux-documentary or amateurish home video style but more or less over the last 10 years the handheld camera approach or found footage style of movie making has developed a notable or I should say a significant influence in genre film making. And we all here have some idea that how even in different parts of the world, from big to small scale studios & distribution companies, nowadays almost everyone has a growing interest and likes to test its undeniable appeal of "Smaller budgets-higher return reputation". The quality & mounting number of 'Found footage' films that's been released in last few years may sometime make us think that this trend is running out of steam for its cliched approach & tired subject matters & premises but still it's quite early to say this "real-life feel like horror experiences" is going away anytime soon as we all are more or less live in a common culture where one way or another, people sometime like to get everything in filmed - through smartphones, laptops, surveillance cameras, etc. and thus filmmakers are also continues to experimenting this style of film making with different conventional as well as new themes & stories of horror.

Anyway, let put aside all the critical analysis for this moment & get ready for a tournament of Found Footage Horror movies that I like to present you all here at HDC now.

I have selected in total of 108 found footage or found footage style like Horror movies for this tournament. Though I'm not sure but I have a feeling that some of us here haven't seen a significant number of those films yet! So to keep things going, I humbly just can request you all to please feel free to participate & give your valuable votes for those movies that you think somehow or on whatever criteria you like, should win & move forward in this tourney. Taking this into the consideration as well as my experiences in earlier tournaments here in HDC, there's lies a chance to see or have deadlocks in some matches when insufficient number of votes can put a hold in a match and as a whole ongoing tourney unexpectedly. And that's why for the very first time, I like to introduce a backup procedure to avoid such cases, by launching a RED VOTE system. As the organizer & host, generally we don't allow ourselves to vote in this type of tournaments but this new RED VOTE procedure here will provide an option ONLY for emergency cases like when a match gets hold and we can't get a winner for lack of participation or insufficient number of votes and thus facing a deadlock situation for more than 72 hours, then this special RED VOTE will allow the host/organizer to come forward & decide a winner to keep things going into the tourney. As the host/organizer, I will like to use this RED VOTE(s)...first of all, of course, only in case there's a deadlock that lasts more than 72 hours in a match and 2ndly, only in the 1st round, cause I think & hope it won't be necessary afterwards.

Ok guys, now please get ready, I'm requesting every new & old members to participate & vote in every matches. The tournament will begin shortly....

Last edited by roshiq; 11-20-2014 at 06:05 AM.
Old 11-20-2014, 06:24 AM
Evil Dead

Can't wait! This could introduce me to some new found footage movies... I like almost all of them I see.
Old 11-20-2014, 06:43 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Round 1: Match 1

Man Bites Dog (1992)

Vs

Reel Evil (2012)

Vs

Europa Report (2013)

Old 11-20-2014, 06:48 AM
Midnight toker

Man Bites Dog
Old 11-20-2014, 07:14 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straker View Post
Man Bites Dog
same
Old 11-20-2014, 07:24 AM
Titty Twister

Man Bites Dog

Always love the tourneys here.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:18 AM
Banned

Good to see you picking up the mantle with the tourneys.

that being said...I'm not going to be participating much in this one. FF is not my cup of tea....for the most part
Old 11-20-2014, 08:30 AM
Sometimes dead is better

Man Bites Dog
Old 11-20-2014, 09:33 AM

If I understood the introduction correctly, we can vote even if we haven't seen them but by just using something to justify the vote?

If that's so, I will vote for Reel Evil.

My reason is the title and the cover would influence me to choose it over the others at a retail outlet.

If my vote doesn't count, no worries.
Old 11-20-2014, 09:43 AM
Evil is Better

Haven't seen any of these but I've heard nothing but good things about Man Bites Dog so I'm going with that.