Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-03-2012, 02:06 PM
No, fuck YOU

We Need to Talk About Kevin

We really do.

What the hell made him this... insane?

Is it really possible to be born that way? I highly doubt it.
Old 01-03-2012, 02:11 PM
Evil is Better

I really think it was the way his mother raised him. She was a terrible parent.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:05 PM
mostly ghostly?

What'd you think of the film? Worth watching?
Old 01-03-2012, 03:08 PM
Evil is Better

I thought it was great. I posted a review of it in the Last Seen Movie thread but i definitely recommend it.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:57 PM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
I thought it was great. I posted a review of it in the Last Seen Movie thread but i definitely recommend it.
Ah, sorry. I missed your review.
Definitely been keen on seeing this for a while. Can't wait to check it out.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:10 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
I really think it was the way his mother raised him. She was a terrible parent.
You think so?

I thought she did a pretty decent job trying to raise such a difficult child practically on her own. Remember, he'd been horrible since birth with a hatred especially towards her to begin with. The movie didn't give me an explanation why.

And yes Fortunato, it's a quite good slowburner with terrefic acting.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:10 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post

I thought she did a pretty decent job trying to raise such a difficult child practically on her own.
I think most of the 'decent jobs' she done for Kevin can be categorized as Material jobs, the jobs that can be done by anyone who does that as for a 'duty' or somewhat in a 'forced (or not) responsibility' point of view. First of all, IMO: she wasn't ready to become a mother as sometimes maternity viewed or treated as a scary thing for some people who think or find themselves in a time & position which isn't suitable or comfortable for them to raise a kid. Now, before blaming Kevin as an evil child I think after given the birth & becoming a 'mother', as a mother Eva failed to develop any emotional bond or connection with Kevin. As a baby when Kevin cries relentlessly we see there was clear irritation over the needed care from Eva. As kevin grows older day by day, he sees annoyance, frustration & fear towards him in Eva's eyes that though she was trying but couldn't hide from him. To some extent, as a kid Kevin responded in a way that HE thought her mother was expecting from him or may be to break the wall of a so called normal mother-son relationship or rips off the mask that Eva is wearing of a happy, regular mother.
Remember, there is only one point in the film where we saw Eva's frustration drives her to throw Kevin against the wall, breaking his arm and later at the end Kevin tells her that was the only honest thing she did with him.
The thing is as a kid anyone can be so vulnerable that a tiny little incident, action-reaction or behavior or comment can affect our mind so heavily that may left a lifelong impact on us.
The interesting thing is the cold & hateful mother-son relationship between Eva & Kevin doesn't affect Kevin's relationship with his father or may be he was just showing that off to Eva all the time.
Universally, spiritually or genetically, the most lovable & beautiful relationship in the world is a mother-son relationship. So how or at what point a mother can think something bad or hateful about her son or how someone whether as a kid or adult can think or do something hurtful to his/her mother? There are plenty of examples of hate & annoyance but the truth is undeniably a mother's love & affection for her child is so much incomparable, eternal & uniquely powerful that we won't find any single evidence of a human being who doesn't realize that power & affection or regret even for a moment for doing something better for his/her mother when they were close or alive after losing them forever.

Even with such a rare, strange & hateful story of a mother & son, WNTTAK comes with an amazing final revelation where both of them realizes that undeniable truth.

IMO, this is not just a story about a mother-son relationship, it's a fantastic character study of human psych & love. A very much needed watch for everyone.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:32 AM
Whip In My Valise

It looks like a really good film, but very heartbreaking.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:33 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
I think most of the 'decent jobs' she done for Kevin can be categorized as Material jobs, the jobs that can be done by anyone who does that as for a 'duty' or somewhat in a 'forced (or not) responsibility' point of view. First of all, IMO:

IMO, this is not just a story about a mother-son relationship, it's a fantastic character study of human psych & love. A very much needed watch for everyone.
I was all set to respond to Angra's comment but really nothing more needs to be said. Nice job Roshiq.

Last edited by _____V_____; 01-07-2012 at 09:50 AM.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:52 PM
Evil Dead

Been wanting to see this, where can you find it?