Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > True Crime
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-12-2006, 12:50 PM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
16 Year-Old Boy Stabbed Mom 111 Times

Boy Admits Stabbing Mom 111 Times

Mom discovered him trying to learn how to make a bomb

Pontiac, Michigan -- A 16-year-old boy pleaded guilty Friday to murdering his mother by stabbing her 111 times last year after she discovered he was trying to learn how to make a bomb.

Under a deal with prosecutors, Christopher Dankovich agreed to serve up to 34 years in prison.

"He didn't want to leave prison in a casket," prosecutor Lisa Ortlieb Gorcyca said.

Had he been convicted of first-degree murder, Dankovich would have faced a mandatory life term.

Dankovich was 15 when his mother, Diane Michele, 50, was found dead last spring in her home in Rochester Hills, just north of Detroit. The teen was arrested later that day at his family's cabin in St. Helen, more than 100 miles away.

Sentencing was scheduled for March 6.

Defense attorney Mitchell Ribitwer said there was never any question that Dankovich had killed his mother, though there were questions regarding his mental health and whether he could be held responsible.

"The family desired that the matter be resolved without a trial," Ribitwer said. "There's been enough trauma, misery and anguish already."

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be