Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum

Old 02-10-2009, 08:10 AM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by urgeok2 View Post
well, Australia/New Zealand is the 1st dot on our map - maybe next year ...

but after that - who knows ... India looks amazing
It is an amazing place. Like I said to Vod once, see this country with your own eyes before forming your opinion of it from the movies and cable TV channels.

I am sure you ll like it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortunato View Post
I'd better start saving up for a trip to India, too.

Oh, and Rolls is quite an adorable pup. How is he doing? Do you know anything yet?
You better. I d urge anyone who can afford it, to give this place a visit at least once in their lifetime.

Rolls is doing quite well. The meds and shots he's on right now seem to be working a wee bit. He stands a lot more now (still limps though), and the 2 nodules on his tail look a bit smaller than before. The docs will be arriving tomorrow morning to give their diagnosis though, so we will really know if he has improved any. Thanks for inquiring, bud. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
Very nice V. Nice home ya got there and a pretty wife.

A bit disappointed though........I didn't notice any beer bottles laying around. :D
Oh we stash em all out of sight, so that people wont know we are actually heavy beer drinkers.

j/k...I dont drink, and neither does she.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
Wow! This is the first great surprise of the year! It's really very nice to see you man! And it's nicer to see a great man practically living a sweet, simple & wonderful life that an ordinary man like me can always imagine.

Anyway, as being a 'close' neighbor of you now I'm also thinking to make a visit at your place someday:D.

Give my Salam & best wishes to our _V_abi!

Btw, where's your precious DVD collection?;)
Psh...I m just another social human with a busy life like all of you out there.

I posted pics of my collection not too long back. Will take some new ones soon.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:19 AM
Top Of The World Ma!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
It is an amazing place. Like I said to Vod once, see this country with your own eyes before forming your opinion of it from the movies and cable TV channels.

I am sure you ll like it here.

slumdog must have really pissed you off to come out from behind the mask like this :)
Old 02-10-2009, 08:33 AM
Jaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
Wow! This is the first great surprise of the year! It's really very nice to see you man! And it's nicer to see a great man practically living a sweet, simple & wonderful life that an ordinary man like me can always imagine.

Anyway, as being a 'close' neighbor of you now I'm also thinking to make a visit at your place someday:D.

Give my Salam & best wishes to our _V_abi!

Btw, where's your precious DVD collection?;)
Not to be a "buttinski", but I was wondering if that was you V. If that is you, awesome, but if you're not willing to admit that, then your "friend" has a very kind face and you should photograph him more, maybe this time without the hand in front of his face so we can see his nice smile. :D

"There is no fuckin' ice cream in your fuckin' future." -Otis
"Once in a while ya get shown the light, in the strangest of places if ya look at it right." -RH&JG
"Do your best, fuck the rest." -Me
"Onward, through the fog..." -Me
Old 02-10-2009, 08:33 AM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by urgeok2 View Post
slumdog must have really pissed you off to come out from behind the mask like this :)
Undoubtedly. You must have read my review in the Last Seen Movie thread.

I am terribly disappointed with that flick. Not only does it portray this country differently, but also because Danny Boyle has come across as a very responsible and talented filmmaker.

For him to make this flick, AND collecting awards for his effort, is a really sad and pathetic fact. People need to wake up away from this "fantasy" real life that Slumdog has portrayed of India. The real India is far, far different.

Although I have been planning for this thread for quite some time. Slumdog certainly wasnt the ONLY reason behind this effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monalisa View Post
Not to be a "buttinski", but I was wondering if that was you V. If that is you, awesome, but if you're not willing to admit that, then your "friend" has a very kind face and you should photograph him more, maybe this time without the hand in front of his face so we can see his nice smile. :D
rofl...that is me.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:09 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
FINALLY! And thanks for the mention as well. You must be bloody amazing at time management though, to do all the wonderful stuff you do here and spend time with the wife, work and all of the other daily activities. Bravo!

Really interesting to see what Indian life is like, as it is with any culture (except the dutch. Damn them all). Really nice home you've got there. The outside views of India remind me a bit of Egypt. I know they're in 2 different continents, but there is something there that seems familiar.

The Ferrets like it...
Old 02-10-2009, 09:39 AM
For Vendetta

The open roads on both sides must leave that impression of Egypt.

The area where I live and the road leading to my office is actually out in the suburb outskirts of the city. It is still under plenty of development (roads widening, underground cable & underground drainage/sewage systems), so pavements and streets are still a few years off.

These same driving pics would look much more sophisticated and crowded in about 5 years or so. The city is developing in this direction at a rapid pace, and the real estate rates have shot up about 5-6 times in the past couple years.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:20 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to missmacabre
This is so cool. I love being able to picture who I am talking to online. Your wife is beautiful by the way, and your puppy looks so cute. :D
Old 02-10-2009, 10:31 AM
Analrapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretchucker View Post
Really interesting to see what Indian life is like, as it is with any culture (except the dutch. Damn them all).

What's wrong with the Dutch?? Netherlands 2010! Woohoo!!

:p

Thug means never having to say you're sorry.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:56 AM
Zydrate Anatomy

Aha! The elusive V! :eek: Thank you so much for sharing!:) It looks like you have an amazing and wonderful life! I especially like the "on the road" shots, and of course the picture of you! :p
Old 02-10-2009, 12:02 PM
Synthetic Flesh

Great thread. Great to meet you! :D