Old 01-14-2005, 09:10 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to Gojira
LOL thats a good one cheeba Like theres no Godzilla forums around lol heck all anyone has to do is type Godzilla websites in a search and a million sites come up.
Old 01-14-2005, 09:29 PM
Banned

Really?!?
I'd never have guessed...
Old 01-14-2005, 09:58 PM
Pepper's Ghost

Send a message via AIM to knife_fight
I definitely would not hold up a star on the walk of fame as any sort of credentials. have you ever been to Hollywood and noticed all the jackasses who have stars???

not only that, but to be able to get a star on the walk of fame, you don't have to EVER have even had any good movies. that's right, being "good" is not a prerequisite to being on the walk of fame. you only have to have so many hours screen time and a bunch of money. I'm serious.

but besides all that, Godzilla just plain sucks shit. you said elsewhere that NOTLD was boring, but yet you still wanna talk about how great Godzilla is??? you have got to be either 8 years old, or at least 65. no one in their right mind would ever claim that Night of the Living Dead was boring, but then insist on annoying people with this "Godzilla" tomfoolery. Godzilla is not scary. it's not horror. this is HORROR.com, not bullshitjapanesestufflikegiantrobotsandastroboy.co m

I think you need to get over the fact that "Godzilla" will never get the respect you so obviously feel it deserves.
Old 01-14-2005, 10:30 PM
Evil Dead

Hey Knife I checked what the criteria is for getting a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame a couple of months ago. The people who decide who gets and who does not get a Star require certain things of every submitted applicant. There are 3 types of Stars Movie Stars Radio Stars and Music Stars. One thing all movie star applicants who are chosen must have a long career in film and must have a large fandon that is international they must have made a contribution to the film industry. The Hollywood Chamner of commerce thought Godzilla should get a Star. I think he should as well but I also think Dracula Frankenstien and KingKong should get Stars because of the fans they have. Btw Knife I am 43 years old and I have been watching Horror and Scifi movies for 38 years. Look if you want to talk Dracula I can do that or Frankenstien or Werewolf movies just like I can about Godzilla. I bet I can get you so pissed if I talk Dracula that you wil say shut up about Dracula. Lets talk horror movie history thats what I like. The fact remains and it is a fact only 1 movie monster has a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and thats Godzilla plain and simple. Now try and figure why he is the only monster who has one.
Old 01-14-2005, 10:33 PM
Pepper's Ghost

like I said, screen time and money. keep in mind, it's the Chamber of COMMERCE (the people who control the flow of money in Hollywood) who are in charge of these things. It's easy to establish that you have an international fan base. In fact, I'm pretty sure that I could reasonably establish that I personally have an "international" fanbase. and they're not just "deciding" on who gets one. they don't just think, "man, Godzilla needs a star, let's hook that lizard up!!!" The person who gets the star has to PAY for it, also. oh shit, I figured it out.

also, Bela Lugosi has a star. so does Boris Karloff. but so does Billy Joel so again, like I said, having a star doesn't mean shit. and why is Godzilla the only monster on the walk of fame??? because there isn't an actor who plays Godzilla!!! he's a puppet!!! a power ranger villain!!! a reject from a bad episode of Thunderbirds!!! if there were, that PERSON would have the star... not Godzilla himself.

and you can talk shit about Dracula all day long. I don't care. at least it would be horror.

Last edited by knife_fight; 01-14-2005 at 10:45 PM.
Old 01-14-2005, 11:07 PM
Evil Dead

Hey Knife the Chamber will not accept money for someone to get a Star they pretty much frown on that its not what they do. Godzilla got in by his own merit. I very well know Karloff has a Star and Bela and a few other famous horror actor but they have stars not because they were a single character in a movie but because they played many roles well. The only fictional characters to have a star I think are MickeyMouse Godzilla and Woodwood Pecker go figure Woody Mickey I understand he is like Godzilla and has made an impact. If you think the actor in the suit should get the Star and not the character then Harou Nakajima should get the Godzilla Star he wore the suit from 54-72 or Ken Satsuma he wore the Godzilla suit from 84-95 73-74-75 diffrent acters wore the suit and 99-04 is a new suit actor. The Chamber made the Star to Godzilla not the actors who portrayed him. That being said i think characters like Dracula and Frankenstien should also have stars but itsnot up to me. If you really want to know why so many like Godzilla go to a Godzilla convention G-Fest its held in Chicago each July the fans age range is from 6-70 years As far as Godzilla you thinking he is not Horror by you saying that it tells me you have never seen the original 1954 Godzilla movie now you may have seen Godzilla King of the Monsters the same movie in 1956 with Raymond Burr but that version is waterd down the original 1954 version is a true 100% horror movie last year Rialto Picture was showing the original 1954 Godzilla movie across the country as one movie critic put it Godzilla 1954 is the Citizen Kane of giant monster movies.
Old 01-14-2005, 11:18 PM
Pepper's Ghost

Godzilla sucks
Old 01-15-2005, 04:05 AM
Banned

godzilla has his place - i like the big green guy but .....

Actually my first movie induced nightmares were giant monster nightmares - the paranoia of this huge creature finding me in the laundry hamper of the bathroom .... as if he would actually care :rolleyes:

anyway ... i'll stick up for Godzilla to say he certainly has staying power - especially with a country thats influencing our north american movie culture right now ... so 1,000,000,000 fans cant be all wrong ...

Its not Godzilla that has people miffed here .. its the overzealous and single minded approach the guy has on the forums.

and the goofy writing style
Old 01-15-2005, 04:58 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Im not quite as rabid as Gojira here, but Im also a huge fan of Big G. However, he doesnt by any mewans deserve his own forum on here. No chance.

I love Godzilla, Ive only seen 4 of his movies tho, plus the remake.
Old 01-15-2005, 06:27 AM
Evil Dead

Hi Return I think some here are confused about the idea that the movie Godzilla was remade. This is not true at all Toho studios wont allow the movie Godzilla to be remade. Back in 1995 Toho had made what was thought to be the very last Godzilla movie titled Godzilla vs. Destroyer. After this movie was made Tristar studios here in America asked Toho if they could buy the rights to Godzilla and make their own Godzilla movie. Toho said NO. Tristar then asked if they could lease the name Godzilla to title their movie. Toho agreed only if Tristar paid them 10 Million dollars. This movie Tristar made was not a movie about Godzilla infact the producers admitted as much. The 1998 movie is not about a giant mutated Dinosaur infact its about an Igunana that becomes mutated and grows. Mathew Brodrick calls the monster Igunanasarus. Tristar has never said the movie was a remake if they had they would have been lying because they never bought the rights to Godzilla from Toho studios in Japan. Many fans because of the movies title thought it was an American remake. They were mistaken. Tristar was smart enough to lure movie goers to see their movie by calling the movie Godzilla. Face it the name Godzilla sells tickets. In 1999 Toho opted to resurect the Godzilla series with Godzilla2000 and continued making Godzilla movies up to 2004. The 98 Tristar movie is in no way shape or form amovie about Godzilla it is sad that some movie goers thought so because they were duped. Godzilla2000 however did come to American theatres and movies goers were able to see Godzilla fight the Alien monster Orga. Oh yeah Directer Rolland Emerich and producer Dean Devlin were fired from Tristar