Old 02-13-2009, 12:21 AM
Undead

Send a message via Yahoo to lyricist
i just got back. man it's the shiznit.. i wouldn't even classify this as a remake cuz it's more like a tribute to parts 1-7. don't want to give away any spoilers but it's great gore, nudity, drugs, etc. and it's not too late to get the 30 years of jason dvd for 10 bucks at walmart so u can see the film for FREE!!
Old 02-13-2009, 10:25 AM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

I'm going tonight and I'm taking my eleven year-old son (who is an avid horror fan already) to see it as his first horror film in the cinema! And we're going with a bunch of horror directors and journalists who are all jazzed to break in a virgin.

I saw #3 in 3D in the theater when I was his age and it made quite an impression on me.

We spent the week getting up to speed, watching 1,3,4, X & HIS NAME WAS JASON - so he'll totally get any homages/references.

I can't wait. I'll be watching his face even more the the screen.

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 02-13-2009, 10:45 AM
Undead

Going to see it in a couple of hours and seriously looking forward to it. The trailer really whet my appetite so lets hope the film delivers.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:55 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to milktoaste
Going tonight, wish my boy was old enough to take with me..I can't wait to be in Roderick's shoes.
"The physical body is acknowledged as dust, the personal drama as delusion. It is as if the world we perceive through our senses, that whole gorgeous and terrible pageant, were the breath-thin surface of a bubble, and everything else, inside and outside, is pure radiance. Both suffering and joy come then like a brief reflection, and death like a pin" Stephen Mitchell
Old 02-13-2009, 10:57 AM
AsteroidsDoNotConcernMe

It's a silly sort of thing to go and see, but, ya know what? I'm going out to see it right now, it looks like it might be fun. And I'll be seeing it just a block away from where I saw the original first film, nearly 30 years ago! (It was on a double bill with Mad Max...that was a fun evening!)

That theatre I saw the original F13 at was torn down about ten years ago... but the one I'm visiting today has been there for forty years or more........... it has been rebuilt and has a parking structure, and is nothing like it was (it had two screens originally, and is a multiplex now), but I get nostalgic about seeing movies there anyway.

Friend....gooooood!

Old 02-13-2009, 11:54 AM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
I'm looking forward to seeing it. Looks intense to say the least. I wish I had some money :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real
Old 02-13-2009, 12:20 PM
No charge for awesomeness

I'm taking the wife later on tonight. How I managed to talk her in to this as our Valentine's Day date is beyond me, but I'm glad it worked!
Old 02-13-2009, 02:17 PM
Undead

Damn that was good fun. It lives up to the trailer and more then compares well with the originals. I never thought I'd say this as a huge Kane fan but Derek Mears is bloody brilliant as Jason, the most menacing yet. As remakes/reimaginings go, Friday 13th rocks.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:40 PM
balllls

Send a message via AIM to hacelikewhoa
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwind22 View Post
I'm taking the wife later on tonight. How I managed to talk her in to this as our Valentine's Day date is beyond me, but I'm glad it worked!
Tonight is my Valentine's as well but I think it's awesome. I can't wait!
Old 02-13-2009, 04:56 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwind22 View Post
Haha yeh I'm taking the girlfriend to it for valentines day too, she seemed pretty keen to check it out :)