Old 03-15-2013, 01:26 AM
Creeper the Reaper

Should We Get a Nightmare Sequel?

Im sure many of you recall the 2010 remake of A Nightmare on Elm Street, and im sure many of you recall the mixed reviews it got from fans and critiques, but regardless do you think it deserves a sequel? What if they fix some of the bigger issues with the film?

Im not sure about you guys, but here is my list if things that would have to be improved in the event of a future movie.

#1.Better Actors: Honestly there was only 2 actors in the entire movie who I would vouch did a good job despite the others and thats Jackie Haley and Thomas Dekker. The rest of the actors were dry and looked way to old to play the part of high school kids.

#2.Fix the Make-up:Alright, I will admit the make-up didn't look that bad, but still...something about a crooked eyed killer doesn't scare me very much. Also, with the exception of the cgi hole in Freddy's face, I found the rest of his facial features tooooo smooth and gray. Add just a tent of red in their, and make his face a bit more rigid and I think we would have some pretty decent make-up.

#3.Less CGI: I feel the CGI from the remake took a way any thoughts of "could this happen to me?". Sure, cheap effects may not look as "cool" as CG, but because you are using real objects for effects, it adds a depth of immersion to it.

#4.Character Development/dynamics: This was probably the biggest complaint and what many would agree "ruined the film". No one cares about dull flat characters! When the first 30 year old high school student got killed at the dinner, I was just like "okay, why do I care this guy is dead?" I don't know this guy. Was he friendly? was he a bastard? Well, we will never know because he was killed of before any major development.

Other than whats listed, I don't have any problems with the movie. I like the darker, sadistic side of krueger over the silly one, and Jackie really made the role his own. If these things were fixed, I would love to see the remake, cause frankly, im still not tired of seeing freddy on the big screen. (though I do hope they focus more on elm street in the event of a remake, over the stupid Daycare!)
Old 03-15-2013, 03:00 AM
Horror Fan

Great first post, welcome to horror.com. I refused to watch the re-make because I had a feeling it would just depress me. Let me ask you this. Would you bring back Robert Englund if another one were to be made, or have you closed the book on him as Freddy.

Old 03-16-2013, 09:48 PM
Scares Little Kids

I'd say nay to a sequel , problem I see with these remakes or "re-imaginings" :confused: Is that they just try waaay to hard and its usually just eyeroll inducing, the desperation some of these movies give off is palpable, I saw this one and this and the Halloween "re-imagining" really made me reflect on the dying art of subtlety.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:52 AM
Evil Dead

I say NO.

The remake was bollocks anyways so really don`t give two shits to be honest.:mad:
Old 03-17-2013, 07:05 AM
Misanthrope

I'd love to see a sequel. I dug the new look of Freddy because the burnt face looked more realistic. The darker more fucked up tone of the character was great too. I think there's potential for something really good to happen.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:51 AM
Living Dead

Nope. Hated the new freddy. Robert Englund is freddy and always will be. Thats not me being closed minded, its the fact that he improvised the majority of the character so it quite literally is him.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:58 PM
Evil Dead

No! I tried to be open-minded about the remake... but there's only one guy who can play Freddy. But I didn't really like the movie in any way, I thought it was boring. Just my opinion, of course.

I'd love to see Robert Englund as Freddy just one more time... but no more remakes, please.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:38 PM
Evil is Better

No there shouldn't have even been a remake in the first place. I'm not a fan of remakes but there are certain times when i'll be interested in checking a horror remake out to see what they do with it, but there are some that are too iconic to be remade and should be left alone and Nightmare on Elm Street was one of them. Instead of trying to find ways to fix a remake that shouldn't have happened, filmmakers should be trying to come up with new horror movies.

Old 03-18-2013, 02:05 AM
Horror Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
No there shouldn't have even been a remake in the first place. I'm not a fan of remakes but there are certain times when i'll be interested in checking a horror remake out to see what they do with it, but there are some that are too iconic to be remade and should be left alone and Nightmare on Elm Street was one of them. Instead of trying to find ways to fix a remake that shouldn't have happened, filmmakers should be trying to come up with new horror movies.
My sentiments exactly. But, what horror remakes pique your "interest"? I can't think of any, to tell the truth.

Old 03-18-2013, 03:14 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers View Post
My sentiments exactly. But, what horror remakes pique your "interest"? I can't think of any, to tell the truth.
If it counts, the upcoming Godzilla remake has me interested. I'm also probably gonna check out Carrie

Tags
a nightmare on elm street, freddy krueger, remake