Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-23-2016, 11:50 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretchucker View Post
It's not about coming up with a magic solution to end all murder and crime, it's just about significantly reducing these things.
Wish people could learn this
Old 06-24-2016, 07:16 AM
Monster Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
How do you know this though?
I mean, it would be entirely new ground.
It's not entirely new ground, it's actually well-worn ground. Heard of the drug war? When you outlaw something with an incredibly high demand, one thing happens every time. You empower and finance the black market, which will gladly supply the goods.

Quote:
Another comparison - but here, there was a paid hand-in. Yielded a lot of results.
Australia comparisons are invalid. Australia doesn't supply arms to the rest of the world, the USA does! They've done so for decades and make untold fortunes doing so.

Quote:
But yeah either way agree with it or not, The second has been in place for a long damn time - I don't see it going anyplace. I just think that moves ought to be made to regulate things a little bit more.
There will probably be some well-meaning but worthless regulation in the works.

Quote:
Like really, there's no reason for a person to own a weapon that can rack up *that* high a headcount.
Sure there is! You don't need to agree with the reason for there to be a reason.

Quote:
It's not as though the US is at risk of a full scale military invasion . Right now, altering the specifics of the amendment would only really result in less life lost.
Not really. We should be thankful that USA spree killers haven't adopted the much higher body count weapon of "car bomb", made with easily procured civilian materials.

Quote:
But hey, I agree - if there's that many weapons circulating legal and otherwise, if you're gonna own a gun, sure. Owning an arsenal or death machine? Just not really well advised.
There is NOTHING WRONG with death machines.

Old 06-24-2016, 08:06 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Kaiju View Post
There is NOTHING WRONG with death machines.

Oh hell no