Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > True Crime

Old 04-02-2005, 08:44 AM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
Man Admits Strangling And Decapitating Pregnant Wife

Suspect Says Wife Told Him To Kill Her, Hears Voices

Panama City, Florida -- A man accused of strangling and beheading his pregnant wife and then throwing her in a marsh said in a jailhouse interview that she told him to kill her and he hears "voices" of friends in his head.

Blake Collier, 19, charged with killing his estranged 18-year-old wife, Lennia Hing, wore jail blues, shackles, handcuffs and orange slippers during a 20-minute interview with The News Herald of Panama City, the newspaper reported in Friday editions.

"She told me to kill her," Collier said Thursday at the Bay County Jail. "She told me to do it."

Why?

"So we could be together forever," Collier said. "That's how much we loved each other."

The carpenter remained jailed without bond Friday. Hing was reported missing last week and Collier then was arrested Saturday for allegedly violating his probation on a burglary charge.

He was charged with murder Wednesday after the headless body was found near the victim's home at Panama City Beach.

Bay County Sheriff Frank McKeithen said he was charged after confessing to investigators that he strangled his wife, decapitated her and removed certain internal body parts.

Collier weaved between nonsensical outbursts and stone-faced defiance during the newspaper interview, claiming that he will forever be alone "with my only friends the voices in my head."

Court records show Collier was arrested in January 2002 for burglary, pleaded no contest and received five years on probation. Authorities accused him of violating probation by testing positive for drugs in May 2003.

Collier told The News Herald that Hing was pregnant, but he was unable to say why he thought it right to kill her and the unborn child.

"I don't think that's an important thing to say," Collier said.

An autopsy was conducted but tests to verify whether Hing was pregnant have not yet been completed, sheriff's spokeswoman Ruth Sasser said Friday. Authorities also were searching for the victim's head and missing body parts.

Born in Houston, Collier said he moved to the Florida Panhandle with his mother almost 15 years ago. He attended Panama City Marine Institute, a second chance school for at-risk students, before learning carpentry.

There are no court records on the couple's marriage, and Hing's family has declined comment.

Collier said he had few friends other than Hing.

"I'm not a real nice guy," he said. "All my friends are in my head. I hear y'all all the time. They're always telling me things."

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be