Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-10-2015, 12:57 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
Wow... you suck.

That movie was awsome.
Hell, he only watched the first 30 minutes. He doesn't even have a true opinion on the movie.
Old 07-10-2015, 01:52 PM
Evil Dead

10/10
Old 07-10-2015, 02:48 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
Hell, he only watched the first 30 minutes. He doesn't even have a true opinion on the movie.
Oh yea, do you?
Old 07-10-2015, 03:00 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
Oh yea, do you?
I've never seen it, but I would finish it if I started it.
Old 07-10-2015, 03:22 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
I've never seen it, but I would finish it if I started it.
Of course you would!

It's a great (confusing) sureal horror/fairy tale.
Old 07-10-2015, 04:09 PM
Evil Dead

Session 9 (2001)

I found a list of "best ghost movies," and now I'm set for like the rest of the month. This ended up on that list, and while it's not exclusively a supernatural flick, I wasn't disappointed. Session 9 follows an absestos cleaning crew as they work inside an abandoned mental hospital. One of the characters, Mike, finds a collection of old tapes that chronicle sessions of Mary Hobbes, who has disassociative identity disorder. Each of her "personalities" mention a man named "Simon," who may be linked to a suppressed memory that Mary has. Session 9 is a slow-burner; it builds up a dense atmosphere and sense of dread until the final act becomes exceptionally creepy and intense. It's much more unsettling than outright scary, and that's the perfect mood for this type of movie. The tapes that Mike listens to are increasingly unnerving and create a lot of suspense as to who exactly "Simon" is. When "Simon" finally speaks in the 9th session, it's incredibly scary and memorable. Along with an extremely talented cast, beautiful cinematography and an ambiguous ending that could create hours of discussion, Session 9 is a very creepy and atmospheric psychological horror film.

8/10
Old 07-10-2015, 04:32 PM

GHOUL 2015

I was actually a little underwhelmed...sort of kept waiting for something..just not sure what. Was totally lost by the end.
Old 07-10-2015, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Session 9 (2001)

I found a list of "best ghost movies," and now I'm set for like the rest of the month. This ended up on that list, and while it's not exclusively a supernatural flick, I wasn't disappointed. Session 9 follows an absestos cleaning crew as they work inside an abandoned mental hospital. One of the characters, Mike, finds a collection of old tapes that chronicle sessions of Mary Hobbes, who has disassociative identity disorder. Each of her "personalities" mention a man named "Simon," who may be linked to a suppressed memory that Mary has. Session 9 is a slow-burner; it builds up a dense atmosphere and sense of dread until the final act becomes exceptionally creepy and intense. It's much more unsettling than outright scary, and that's the perfect mood for this type of movie. The tapes that Mike listens to are increasingly unnerving and create a lot of suspense as to who exactly "Simon" is. When "Simon" finally speaks in the 9th session, it's incredibly scary and memorable. Along with an extremely talented cast, beautiful cinematography and an ambiguous ending that couldcreate hours of discussion, Session 9 is a very creepy and atmospheric psychological horror film.

8/10
Session 9 was awesome.
Old 07-10-2015, 05:21 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Session 9 (2001)

I found a list of "best ghost movies," and now I'm set for like the rest of the month. This ended up on that list, and while it's not exclusively a supernatural flick, I wasn't disappointed. Session 9 follows an absestos cleaning crew as they work inside an abandoned mental hospital. One of the characters, Mike, finds a collection of old tapes that chronicle sessions of Mary Hobbes, who has disassociative identity disorder. Each of her "personalities" mention a man named "Simon," who may be linked to a suppressed memory that Mary has. Session 9 is a slow-burner; it builds up a dense atmosphere and sense of dread until the final act becomes exceptionally creepy and intense. It's much more unsettling than outright scary, and that's the perfect mood for this type of movie. The tapes that Mike listens to are increasingly unnerving and create a lot of suspense as to who exactly "Simon" is. When "Simon" finally speaks in the 9th session, it's incredibly scary and memorable. Along with an extremely talented cast, beautiful cinematography and an ambiguous ending that could create hours of discussion, Session 9 is a very creepy and atmospheric psychological horror film.

8/10
The trailer makes it look fairly bad. Is it misleading?

Old 07-10-2015, 07:13 PM
Evil Dead

It Follows

I liked it. Entertaining, paced well, acting was decent enough. I mean there wasn't any fantastic dialogue or need for fantastic expression and poise of some sort besides the main actress. She did a decent job, not great, but not bad. I didn't get bored and the time went by fast. What I found a bit amusing was that everyone was dressed as if it was the 80's in the suburbs of NJ and the more run down house/rural parts of the movie reminds me of parts of southern NJ. And the abandoned warehouses reminded me of the outskirts of Trenton years ago. But I don't think it was filmed there. I'd recommend it.
6/10

More thoughts, SPOILERS TO FOLLOW:

What I really liked was that they did not spend a long time with the character trying to make people believe her and no one doing so. Her friends/sisters quickly supported her and when It attacks her friends/sisters witness the physically visible parts of the attack. The sheet thrown over It was a great. I'm so tired of movies where nobody believes the main character and they either die because they do not believe or the character has to run somewhere else to find someone who won't believe the character. So that made me happy.

Tags
movie