Old 11-01-2015, 05:57 PM
BackyardSurgery

I'm back, and with a little more gore

But first, I have been having unbelievable difficulty trying to log into this site, is it just my technologically ignortant self not doing things right? I'd say yeah, it's probably that. Anyways, onto the gore shall we? I was in the city and managed to pick up some scar wax to play around with, and boy is that stuff ever fun. Messy, but still fun.
I used the scar wax for these, smoothed it out then used a toothpick for the writing. Sealed it all with liquid latex and then added some blood.

And then I noticed it could peel up.

So, naturally, I had to start peeling it.

And peeling it.

And then I grabbed the potato peeler, and well... you know, oops.
Old 11-02-2015, 09:20 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Fantastic work! That last one gave me the shivers. Personal phobia when peeling potatoes come to life, thanks for the nightmares.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 02-15-2016, 05:58 PM
BackyardSurgery

So, I have been gone for quite a while. I haven't really had much time to get on the computer or do much art. Having two very large dogs that are hardly more than pups takes quite a lot of free time out of the day. I have done a bit of stuff though so I thought I'd keep with it and post, and whatnot.

Waiting for dinner to cook, got the scar wax out and smeared some on my fingers. Then I used a toothpick for the cut and added a little fake blood. I only got minimal amounts of blood in the vegetables.

Naturally, I had to take things a little overboard.

And then I couldn't help but peel it all up. Plus, dinner was ready.

Split knuckle. Using my naturally boney monkey knuckles to my advantage on this one. One of my pups in the background.

And this isn't exactly special effects makeup, but it's still art. They were based off of the BioShock Splicer masks, one clean, one distressed. I used the basic white mask from Micheals and cut the ears out of card board, paper mached and then painted. I'd like to make a costume to go with these masks some day... I've got a few more masks that I could post pictures of if anyone is intersted in seeing the likes of those. A dragon, plague doctor, the beginning of a crow masquerade mask... plus a ton of drawings/paintings.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:23 PM
病気の

Oh wow, looks awesome! Love the mask..
Old 02-16-2016, 05:00 AM
BackyardSurgery

Thank you :) I was thinking of getting my sewing machine out and putting together an outfit or something of the likes, get all gored up. Not much free time lately though...

Tags
gore, spfx