Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-10-2004, 11:26 AM
Horror Fan

Barf.

Old 11-10-2004, 01:51 PM
Evil Dead

I saw the original the weekend it first opened and I thought it was a blast..A few plot holes here and there but it was still great. This new one, well...Let's just wait and see..you never know.. it might be okay, I'm not going to judge it until I see some footage from it Then I'll decide.
Old 11-10-2004, 02:11 PM
Undead

Quote:
Originally posted by ShankS
It's gona be ruined. No matter how good the critics say it is, no matter how good the reviewers say it is... there is only one Fog and thats JCs Original.

:mad:
If you ask me (which you didn't) there is only one fog and that's the James Herbert novel, I might be wrong as I haven't read it for years but I don't remember many Pirates in it...

...I do remember that he pretty much re-wrote it as The Dark which was one of his better books so a remake of The Fog might not be that bad...but it's not been a good time for remakes recently (whoever said about "no risk" projects for first timers nail on head etc. Zack Snyder)
Old 11-10-2004, 06:28 PM
Banned

I don't think this is such a bad idea. The Fog was a great little movie for its day but most def could use a little update.

People bitched about the thought of remaking the Dawn of the Dead and I thought it turned out most excellent.

most excellent?........maybe they should remake Bill & Ted's.
Old 11-10-2004, 06:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Monkey Do
If you ask me (which you didn't) there is only one fog and that's the James Herbert novel, I might be wrong as I haven't read it for years but I don't remember many Pirates in it...

...I do remember that he pretty much re-wrote it as The Dark which was one of his better books so a remake of The Fog might not be that bad...but it's not been a good time for remakes recently (whoever said about "no risk" projects for first timers nail on head etc. Zack Snyder)
herberts 'the fog' and Carpenters The Fog have nothing in common .. completely independant.
Old 11-10-2004, 09:45 PM
Now she has us.

Quote:

what you on about?

JHs The Fog and JCs The Fog are seperate from each other....nothing to do with each other.

One's a book based on a writers own ideas and one's a film based on a directors own ideas.

<CENTER>
http://www.horror.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic2020_5.gif</CENTER>

Last edited by ShankS; 11-10-2004 at 09:49 PM.
Old 11-10-2004, 11:10 PM
Undead

Quote:
Originally posted by urgeok
herberts 'the fog' and Carpenters The Fog have nothing in common .. completely independant.
Heh! I guess that explains it then :D Could have sworn there was a "based on..." credit there when I saw it...
Old 11-11-2004, 05:53 AM
Now she has us.

Quote:
Heh! I guess that explains it then :D Could have sworn there was a "based on..." credit there when I saw it...
JC commented that he gained inspiration for The Fog, from a British film made in the late 1950s called The Cralling Eye, which had monsters in clouds.

<CENTER>
http://www.horror.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic2020_5.gif</CENTER>

Old 11-11-2004, 06:21 AM
Banned

and countless similar ghost tales no doubt.

there's more than one coastal town that has stories about pirates that lured ships onto rocks with false lighthouse lights so that they could plunder the goods on board... and from those stories come tales of ghosts getting their revenge.

as far as the remake goes ... the movie had a great cast ..

I hope its not done with a bunch of unknown kids this time ..
Old 11-11-2004, 07:17 AM
Banned

I'm gonna go as far as recasting this movie. Let me know what you think.
For Hal Holbrook's tortured priest I'm going with David Carradine.The Adrienne Barbeau part has to go to a strong willed woman,so I choose Sigourney Weaver. I always felt Tom Atkins was to old to play Jamie Lee's love interest so I'm going with Matt Damon.Sarah Polly did such a bang up job in the new DOTD remake, she gets Jamie's part.
Ladies and gents....I give you my cast...