Old 10-15-2012, 02:42 AM
Little Boo

Trying to remember name of old horror...

I'm not even sure if it's a real film, and not just simply a promotional video. But I rented it from my local store about 30 years ago, it was basicly trailers for a bunch of horror films with a lose plot.

The films in it I remember being.

the deadly spawn
101 maniacs

And others. The lose plot involves the owner of a rental store specializing in horror films telling customers about the films that might scare them. The stores gimick is that it only costs 50C to rent, but 10$ if you don't rewind because your too scared.

It was stupid silly, but I've been curious about it, finally after 5 years found the movie in it I loved years ago, "The deadly spawn" after angry video game nerd did it in this years monster madness marathon.

Any ideas if it's anything beyond a promotional video? Or what? The fact it focused on horror films makes me think it wasn't just simply a promotional video.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:13 AM
For Vendetta

Moved to the appropriate section. Please read our Announcement -

http://www.horror.com/forum/announcement.php?f=2
Old 10-15-2012, 05:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfwing View Post
I'm not even sure if it's a real film, and not just simply a promotional video. But I rented it from my local store about 30 years ago, it was basicly trailers for a bunch of horror films with a lose plot.

The films in it I remember being.

the deadly spawn
101 maniacs

And others. The lose plot involves the owner of a rental store specializing in horror films telling customers about the films that might scare them. The stores gimick is that it only costs 50C to rent, but 10$ if you don't rewind because your too scared.

It was stupid silly, but I've been curious about it, finally after 5 years found the movie in it I loved years ago, "The deadly spawn" after angry video game nerd did it in this years monster madness marathon.

Any ideas if it's anything beyond a promotional video? Or what? The fact it focused on horror films makes me think it wasn't just simply a promotional video.
I had to get my copy on ebay

or you can watch it here
Old 10-15-2012, 11:40 AM
Little Boo

I will have to watch it to be sure, but thats it I think :> It wasn't the worlds greatest movie, but it's part of what helped inspire my love of horror.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:59 AM
Little Boo

Yuppers this is it :> I had another movie I'm curious about this one I rmember even less as it was something I happened to catch on tv when I was younger so mymemories of it are vague.

But I think it was a zombie film. People were being attacked by strange zombies while in a cabin, smething odd about the zombies though I can't remember what, one of them was able to speak, I think it was the father or husband of one of those in the cabin. Or maybe not even zombies...heh trouble with old memories.

one thing I do remember is about the only image from the film had zombies that looked a bit like the zombie 2 cover, which has thrown me off alot finding this film.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:13 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to horrorman
You might also be thinking of "Video Dead", a woman watches a film and zombies come out of the set, but "Terror on Tape" might be it.