Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > True Crime

Old 10-30-2018, 06:54 PM
Banned

Dating App From Hell?! Next on Sick Sad World...

I watch a lot of Investigation Discovery. I have noticed quite often over the past few years so many cases where women have been murdered after meeting someone on Plenty of Fish. In case anyone has never heard of it, it's a free dating app which is usually just used for random hookups. I have used it myself actually and met three women in person and hooked up with two of them.

I have noticed that people are killed far more often from meeting someone on Plenty of Fish then back when Craigslist killers were around. From what I can gather by watching all of these shows, the motives are the men were fucking crazy and the women rejected them or did something that that they felt provoked them to lash out in violence. I can attest that there are some really mean shallow people on that website who will say some pretty damn mean things, but do they deserve to get killed for it? No they don't. what I want to know is how a website like this is allowed to even operate when innocent people, mainly women, or being killed...
Old 11-15-2018, 01:19 AM
Scares Little Kids

Kinda crazy! I have met men off from Tinder but none of them were creepers or did anything sketchy. I guess just two guys just wanted to hookup so badly but good thing I was able to avoid them by calling a friend.
Old 11-21-2018, 12:48 AM
Immortal horror fan

I never heard of that Plenty of Fish before. But I do remember that Craig's List killer that ended up committing suicide. I actually think it's kind of funny. A lot of it comes off as unpaid hooking to me. And if that's what people are signing up for it's no surprise that there are violent incidents. After all, hookers have protection because of the business they are in.
Old 11-21-2018, 04:00 AM
Banned

I have a feeling dating sites are a little harsh no matter where you go but considering POF is free, a lot of people use places like that before anywhere you would have to pay for thus you find all kinds of people. However, the one thing I have learned is that anybody on there who would be considered a pretty boy or a woman that men think would never look at them, are the only ones who seem to have success on there as apparently pretty people can only be around pretty people and the rest of us are completely ignored on there. Basically, men and women are bitches and assholes to anyone who isn't pretty like they are is what I'm trying to say. I could see how Psychopaths who are already why are they little weird up in the head anyway you could take great offense to that. I mean as a society, people are more aggressive than they used to be because they use it as a self-defense mechanism given the state of the world. Unfortunately most people with that turn into an excuse to be an asshole. Just like people being more Brave with their words though, people are also more Brave with their actions. When a woman completely bashes a man over his looks or something, someone who is already that emotionally vulnerable to kill someone is obviously going to take that to heart and act on it.
Old 12-08-2018, 11:49 AM
Evil Dead

I met someone off of plenty of fish once and I regret it. Later on, I saw this and I no longer use dating apps anymore. Rather be single than become dead. Many sites like this are dangerous and so many dates ended up going wrong. The guy I dated seemed odd. In the end we stopped seeing each other cause he seemed aggressive and I came to my senses. I'm so glad nothing happened to me. Lesson learned on my end. I'll never use a dating site again.