Smile

Piranha 2
Piranha 3
Rogue
The Giant Claw

Those were my recent viewings.

The Duchess

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by _____V_____; 03-06-2012 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Original post reinstated.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:00 AM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieDrone View Post
Ran by Akira Kurosawa.

Basically it's a Japanese take on King Lear. Superb.
Amazing film. Probably my favorite Kurosawa.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:56 AM
Pirate of Bengal

>> Rosewood Lane (2011) : B

This 'Psycho-paperboy' story has it flaws, plot holes and a weird ending that left couple of questions unanswered but still it's a pretty decent & entertaining film overall from the director of Jeepers Creepers. Liked it.

>> Henry's Crime (2011) : C

>> BBC's other Christmas Ghost Stories: The Treasure Of Abbot Thomas (1974) : B

>> The Lincoln Lawyer (2011) : B+

Last edited by roshiq; 02-05-2012 at 11:17 AM.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:39 AM
Evil is Better

The Woman In Black

So having seen the original, i spent most of the time watching this silently comparing the two. Some things are the same and some are different. There was a good balance that all remakes should follow. Some differences i found though that i didnt like was the original had moments of true fear while the remake was mostly jump scares. But for it's part the jump scares were done excellently and werent done for a cheap effect. I myself jumped a few times. Another thing i liked about the original that they left out was how Kipps became terrified of the sound of horses. Also the actor in the original didnt just seem scared, he was sick with terror while Radcliffe just looked frightened. They also took it a very modern route with trying to find a solution instead of just being stuck within the horror of it all and trying to escape. I did like the story they included here about the children being in danger whenever the woman is seen though. However I felt that the ending was a little bit of a cop out while i was more pleased with the original's ending. So i guess what i'm saying is, the original is better.

But this is still a great genuinely scary movie that actually provides a tense spooky atmosphere that horror movies never seem to have anymore. I definitely recommend seeing this whether you've seen the original or not.

In Time

A fun quick paced action. I really liked the time aspect of the movie as it gave it an interesting twist that set it apart. I wasn't sure if Timberlake would be good as an action star and while he doesnt come across as a brute muscular guy taking everyone out, he works in his own way.

Old 02-05-2012, 11:14 AM
EVERY DAY IS A HAPPY DAY

Send a message via Skype™ to crazy raplh
Quarintine 2

http://www.yourwellnessbreakthrough.com/jdrewien/
Old 02-05-2012, 10:33 PM
For Vendetta

Impressive. The film really picks up the pace after the first 20-odd minutes and the direction is to be commended for this. A solid script and some very good characterisations coupled with neat effects makes this quite an entertainer.

If you are sick of teenage angst and super powers, this film is not for you. Otherwise recommended to anyone who is looking for a change from the normal blockbuster/found footage stuff being churned out at the moment.

* * * ½
Old 02-06-2012, 03:05 AM
Banned

insidious,wasnt too bad
Old 02-06-2012, 09:27 AM
Evil Dead

Fright Night - 3/10

I watched this a couple of nights ago with low expectations as remakes, particularly ones that rehash a sentimentally cherished movie from your youth, almost always break what doesn't need fixed, and I wasn't disappointed. The characters don't develop, thus the palpable antipathy between Jerry and Brewster never builds (like it did in the original), nor the ensuing tension and I ultimately felt no attachment to the goodies. There was nothing new here, just a bad contemporaneous retelling - SHITE!
3. suspiria
4. the exorcist
5. ringu
6. tcm
7. exorcist III
8. the omen
9. haute tension
10. creep

Old 02-06-2012, 12:05 PM
Love is like dying

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
The Woman In Black

So having seen the original, i spent most of the time watching this silently comparing the two. Some things are the same and some are different. There was a good balance that all remakes should follow. Some differences i found though that i didnt like was the original had moments of true fear while the remake was mostly jump scares. But for it's part the jump scares were done excellently and werent done for a cheap effect. I myself jumped a few times. Another thing i liked about the original that they left out was how Kipps became terrified of the sound of horses. Also the actor in the original didnt just seem scared, he was sick with terror while Radcliffe just looked frightened. They also took it a very modern route with trying to find a solution instead of just being stuck within the horror of it all and trying to escape. I did like the story they included here about the children being in danger whenever the woman is seen though. However I felt that the ending was a little bit of a cop out while i was more pleased with the original's ending. So i guess what i'm saying is, the original is better.

But this is still a great genuinely scary movie that actually provides a tense spooky atmosphere that horror movies never seem to have anymore. I definitely recommend seeing this whether you've seen the original or not.

In Time

A fun quick paced action. I really liked the time aspect of the movie as it gave it an interesting twist that set it apart. I wasn't sure if Timberlake would be good as an action star and while he doesnt come across as a brute muscular guy taking everyone out, he works in his own way.
looking forward to woman in black, in time was such a good movie.
just watched arrietty studio ghibli, such a beautiful movie for all the family. 10/10

Last edited by _____V_____; 03-06-2012 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Original post reinstated.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:14 PM
Misanthrope

50/50

This one exceeded my expectations and I thought it mixed it's elements of comedy & drama tastefully to tell a moving story.

The Smurfs

Quite well done I thought and quite fun. Captured the essence of the show quite well.

A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas

The weakest of the three films but still enjoyable.

The Big Year

Really good. I usually watch more crude low brow comedies so this was a bit of a gamble for me but it paid off. Probably the best chemistry between a cast I've seen in a long time.