Old 03-05-2004, 11:03 AM
OldSchoolGamer

Upcoming Horror Games Info....

Haven't been around for a bit but just in case no one has mentioned already....

Good site about upcoming Horror Games:

http://www.dreamdawn.com/sh/index.php

Great Trailer for Obscure:

Quicktime version:

http://www.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_obscure.html

Windows Media Version:

http://www.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_obscure.wmv

I am a Survival Horror fan big time and have always wondered why a platform as powerful/flexible as a PC seems to only get piss poor ports and no original survival horror titles, after all more adults use PC's! Anyway, hopefully that will eventually change....
Old 03-05-2004, 11:47 AM
That fucking Guy...

Um...."alone in the dark"?
THE original...?
Agreed about the overall situation though. Just played thru an old-ish game - Clive barkers: undying, that's got some freakouts...not really a "survival" horror tho. But if you havent tried it, despite looking slightly dated, it's woth a go.
Have you played clock tower or 2?
Silent hill? I haven't played #3 yet, but the other 2 had plenty of "fucked up"...
Old 03-05-2004, 03:44 PM
OldSchoolGamer

Yeah I have played the console versions of Silent Hill and Clock Tower, I guess the PC versions of those were great. Guess I really just meant there aren't enough ORIGINAL from the ground up PC Survival Horror games, hope "Obscure" changes that trend as it shows promise................

Yes Alone in the dark was great too....
OH and so was UNDYING though I never finished it as I got stuck at one part and never bothered to look up help at Gamefaqs......
Old 03-05-2004, 06:22 PM
BMXICAN

silent 3 PWNS fo shizzle

Jesus had a tough life. I read about that guy. Jesus is the only guy that ever came back from the dead that didn't scare the F--- out of everybody!
-Sam Kinison
Old 03-06-2004, 04:44 AM
That fucking Guy...

**OFF-TOPIC INTERMISSION**
I saw this game a little while ago when I didn't have a ps2, and would like to get my hands on a copy. I don't know the name, all I know id that you play in 3rd person perspective, you are an "average citizen" living in a city where some govt secretly tests some kind of weapon that creates earthquakes, so, the quake happens, shit gets fucked up, and you run around, trying to get yourself, and other survivors outta there. Apperently there are aftershocks throughout the game, you can use almost anything as a weapon, and the govt sends ppl after you to "clean".....any ideas what the FUCK this game is called?

Also, has anyone ever played (on ps1)
-Chase the express - kinda like RE/Syphon filter, AT FIRST set aboard a train?
-Incredible crisis - Crazy japanese "party/survival" game?

**END OF INTERMISSION**

Kpropain - from what I've seen thus far, I'd agree.
osg - NOWDAYS, it does seem consoles have stolen MOST of the horror action...I guess at least we get more 1st person shooters.....more HORROR fps's would be good...