Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-21-2009, 03:03 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
Simon Says

Just unwatchable.

.5/5.
My rating 2.5/5...liked it:D
Quote:
Asylum

2/5.
Seems I have seen it but can't remember anything about it!:confused:
Quote:
Dead Air

To tell you the truth, I fell asleep. I didn't even finish this movie. And have no desire to go back to it.

1/5.
Ditto.:)
Quote:
Surveillance

I would say that this is a must-see for genre fans.

4.5/5.
Bit disappointed with the ending.:o
Quote:
Up

5/5.
Completely agree with this one. The first ten to fifteen minutes were easily the most emotionally impact portion of the entire film. Carl is such a lovable character, that we feel for him from the very beginning. You feel the joy that he feels, and when his wife passes away, you feel his loss. By the end of the whole sequence, it turns into one of those rare celluloid moments that stays in heart forever.

A brilliant animated feature (top notch in every department) with a heart & soul that shares an adventure truly for all ages.

Last edited by roshiq; 12-21-2009 at 03:06 AM.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:22 AM
Bad Natured

Breathless (1960). This infamous Godard flick, shot on a shoestring with a handheld, is all about style. Revolutionary in some of the techniques used, this is a quirky flick that is probably best appreciated by serious film buff and students. "To become mortal, and then die."

Happiness (1998). What a collection of awful characters. Everytime i thought one to be the most despicable, another would rise to the occassion. This disturbingly great flick is comprised of a beautifully complicated story whose many characters are interwoven around three sisters. Everyone here has cyclopean problems, but as the characters are believeable, their difficulties seem painfully real as well. i love the title, as no one is happy here, and even those that should be happy complain that the source of what should be making them happy actually is the source of their dismay. The cast is terrific, with veterans and strong newcomers alike. A must see for all of those able to deal with very strong content matter. Ashe.
d

Fate is my mistress, mother of the cruel abomination that is hope.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:24 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Happiness is one of my fave films..
Old 12-21-2009, 04:44 AM
Top Of The World Ma!!

nat lampoons christmas vacation
Old 12-21-2009, 06:38 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
Black Cobra 2 - Started off really strong. REALLY strong. the first fifteen minutes were complete with a totally badass soundtrack, a chase scene, and an exploding head. after that it seemed to just lose is mojo and went quickly downhill into boredom land.

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 12-21-2009, 08:24 AM
Evil Dead

Inglourious Basterds

Of course there are many scenes of great, drawn out dialogue as one would expect from Tarantino. Quite a few long, tracking shots that were beautifully done. Some great photography and set design. I thought the acting was great from everyone involved. Overall I think it's a great movie from a technical standpoint. BUT... From a non-technical standpoint I wasn't too impressed. The movie drags and drags and drags. It's really about an hour too long. I really felt that Tarantino wasn't sure what kind of movie he wanted to make. A serious war movie? A slapstick comedy? A balls-out action film? I found it to be so disjointed in those regards that it became a chore to watch. Add in the 2.5 hour runtime and I'm seriously glad that I watched it at home and not in the theater. At least I could pause it from time to time so that I could take a break from it. It had it's moments, but they were so far from one another that the movie just became tedious to finish.

3/5
Old 12-21-2009, 09:07 AM
Evil Dead

How To Slay A Vampire (1995)

What the hell was that?.....
Old 12-21-2009, 09:23 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by siorai View Post
Inglourious Basterds

Of course there are many scenes of great, drawn out dialogue as one would expect from Tarantino. Quite a few long, tracking shots that were beautifully done. Some great photography and set design. I thought the acting was great from everyone involved. Overall I think it's a great movie from a technical standpoint. BUT... From a non-technical standpoint I wasn't too impressed. The movie drags and drags and drags. It's really about an hour too long. I really felt that Tarantino wasn't sure what kind of movie he wanted to make. A serious war movie? A slapstick comedy? A balls-out action film? I found it to be so disjointed in those regards that it became a chore to watch. Add in the 2.5 hour runtime and I'm seriously glad that I watched it at home and not in the theater. At least I could pause it from time to time so that I could take a break from it. It had it's moments, but they were so far from one another that the movie just became tedious to finish.

3/5
Spot on...
Old 12-21-2009, 11:00 AM
Banned

A Christmas Story

The Grinch - [live action one ]
Old 12-21-2009, 04:43 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
Sunset Blvd. on the big screen.

Click for B-Movie reviews!