Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-29-2012, 09:58 AM
HDC Idol

Cry Baby (1990)

My first time watching this and it was an absolute blast. Also, Traci Lords gives me a total girl boner.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 12-29-2012, 10:41 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
Also, Traci Lords gives me a total girl boner.
You get that often, dontcha?

Maybe you should get a divorce..
Old 12-29-2012, 12:35 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
You get that often, dontcha?

Maybe you should get a divorce..
Ha - He doesn't mind. ;)

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 12-29-2012, 05:40 PM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despare View Post
The thing that killed it for me is as much as I loved the movie I still never got the sense that Batman was the World's Greatest Detective. Instead, we see a guy with a lot of technology which isn't the same...
That's been my problem with the whole trilogy from the beginning. The intent was to show a realistic Batman but he's too realistic. I believe Nolan said something about how he believes anyone could be Batman and that it's a symbol like in that original Batman Begins scene in the jet. That's why we get the ending scene, which is good but obvious from many events in the movie. I still believe Batman 89 is the best so far.

Back to horror.

Sometimes They Come Back… for More.

I started this one. Kind of like The Thing so far but with really bad acting. I think I'll finish it tonight. Maybe...
Old 12-29-2012, 10:03 PM
For Vendetta

Jason Statham's turn to play Dirty Harry, as a crazed maniac is offing police officers. The role doesn't suit Statham one bit. He's better off kicking ass throughout Cranks and Transporters than try his hand at being an Eastwood-clone.

* * ˝
Old 12-30-2012, 05:50 AM
Evil Dead

I Had lot of free times over the past week and caught with some series

So over the past 3 and half, I going into series that never started or seen all of rest in that movie series , I may need more then 1 post

This post will be just

Silent Night, Deadly Night (1984)

I have not seen this movie full before, I always seem to see bits of the movie, now I have seen the whole movie

This movie dose start of really Dark as Kid see a Santa killing his parents.

I really liked they we the back story for first half hour of him dealing with aftermath of killing and seeing how much he effect thought out the whole movie.

There the movie fast forward 10 years and now it 18 and working at store, still be affected by the past, as come once Christmas, it too much for be to handle and cranks.

The death scenes in this movie not too gory, there were some decent death scenes and the acting was decent from the whole cast for this kinda of movie

I enjoyed the whole movie and some fun moment in the movie may make you laugh a little more dark humour.

Over this was decent slasher movie, 7 out of 10

Silent Night, Deadly Night Part 2 (1987)
This must be the cheapest sequel ever, 75 % of the movie, was just flashback to the first movie,

They even go to cinema to watch first movie, are you kidding me!

Now Ricky the ones who's controls. the naughty list, who ever he thinks he been naughty will be killed

The deaths scenes in this movie not as good as first movie but there are some worth watching death scenes in this movie

The acting from whole cast was really wooden, , then ending was okay-ish

it kinda of fit with ended of the first movie.

I will give this movie 2/half out of 10

Silent Night, Deadly Night III: Better Watch Out! (1989) (V)
I really liked the first movie it was a fun slasher movie, the second sequel as got to be one of the worst sequel ever made.

Not as bad as SD 2 But it was not that far from it!

The whole movie was very boring and dull, I could not care less about anyone in this movie, the plot was really rubbish as well

All the kills scenes were off screen, we only see the aftermath of death scenes in the movie, what is point of that.

The acting in this movie was even worse then SDND 2, Which is really shocking, I could believe how bad it was.

The ending was just really really silly, still a tiny bit of improvement on number 2

3 out of 10

Initiation: Silent Night, Deadly Night 4
it's no longer about killer Santa any more,

This movie was a lot better then the last 2 sequels,

A reporter investigating the bizarre death of a woman who leaped from a building in flames finds herself mixed up in a cult of witches who are making her part of their sacrificial ceremony during the Christmas season.

There were good moment in this movie, which I really enjoyed some of effect, which can be a little cheesy

The acting was better then last 2 movies as well.

4 out of 10 Worth watching

Silent Night, Deadly Night 5: The Toy Maker (1991) (V)
I really enjoyed this one, I think this is best sequel of the series, they saved the best for last.

I love movies about Killer toys, I am fan of Puppet master in my early year, which need to re-watch soon.

There was some really good decent moment, some really bizarre deaths scene in this movie, which i thought was creative.

The toys could have been a little more scary then they were.

The ending was really good way to end to the series

The acting was decent most likely best acted in the series.

6 out of 10

Then I started SAW series
Saw IV (2007)

I still can't believe that got up SAW 7 and yet Jigsaw died in SAW 3.

When I first saw this movie, when first came out wasn't not big fan of it at all, I have re-watch few times but never end up getting all the way thought it.

Today I re-watch in full for first in years, I found the movie not as good as first 3 movies

I love the way the movie stared of was really nasty and gory, the trap was really good,

There some very decent twist and turns in this movie that took me by surprised,

There was some good neat traps in this movie

The acting was really good in this movie

6 out of 10

SAW V (2008)
(My first watch) I was not looking forward to this one, I thought this was meant to be worse in the series,

I did not think it was that different of other at all, it may have helped watching Back to back 4.5 and 6.

This movie dose fill in some caps from 3 to 4, which I was clad about, Cause four never even showed the girl at the end of part 3, Which Baffled me in fourth movie when i first saw it.

The traps was not creative as they were in early sequel and did not find this movie as bloody as the other movies.

The acting was be stale at first but as the movies goes on, you kind of get used to it.

I did see the ending coming in this one, it's only one of saw movie that Saw ending coming, to many clues all around

Overall found this 5 out of 10

Saw VI (2009)

I thought this would be a lot better then one before, however I thought first half of the movie really drag on for bit too long, I really bored in some parts.

There when got it's got going, it did not let up at all, i was on the edge of seat the second part of the movie.

There were really good neat traps and very nasty scenes and some really good tense moment in this movie.

Acting was much better in this movie then fifth movie in the series, this fill some more caps in from other movies as well .

This movie also some really good twist and turns, ( By now , I was thinking how many people can be involved in this project , it was a bit over the top)

However this was one of better sequel , I give this movie 8 out of 10

Saw 3D (2010)

And well Finally here, The Last of the SAW Series

No I did not see this 3D, I don't if that would have helped or not (Cause I still am 3D fan)

Like first few seconds of movie, where show some part of first movie, which was nice throw back of how it all began.

However , when the movie started it felt, the movie did nit feel a normal SAW movie at all, it's felt really different about it, I don't know it just a little Cheap.

The start of the movie was just silly on all levels, really would all those people really watch women get killed and where guy were trapped, I just don't buy that at all.

The rest of the movie felt really weak then the other sequel, the trap not as good as the early at all and I didn't think the movie was that gory at all.

there were some bloody moment in this and some of effect a little too, it some scene can really pink in the blood.

The twist at end is what really saved this movie. it shame someone ruined the twist for few years ago, i would have been more shocked by it!

I give this movie 5 out of 10
Old 12-30-2012, 06:02 AM
Evil Dead

I didn't think it would fit in one post,

Hellraiser was my next stop, I already seen the first 3 number of times, I never looked past 3 before, I loved first 2 movies and I liked third one as well.

Hellraiser IV: Bloodline (1996)
This my first watch of this movie, , I loved first 2 move in the series and I enjoyed the third one, i thought it okay sequel

However this one, i did not like as much as the other sequels,

I just could not get into this story at all, I really bored for most of the time in them movie.

I did not care for any one in this movie, the acting was not great but it still worth watching i say

There were some decent gory scenes in this movie but I didn't find anything scary or creepy about this what so ever.

I found this very dull and boring with bloody parts in here and there, Over I give 4 out of 10

Hellraiser: Inferno (2000) (V)

After seeing the very disappointing forth sequel, I was not really looking this one,

I was really surprised with sequel as for fifth movie in series and first one to got Straight to Video. I do understand why it was, it was of a stand alone movie, which was did have any connections to others

I found the whole movie very really tense and little bizarre, I really got into movie, I could not wait until happens next.

This movie did not focus on the gory kill, Like the last two sequels , there wasn't gory scenes in this movie, they very limited, it more like first movie, that focused more on the main lead instead of pinhead him self.

The plot the really good, some really good twist and turns from start to end, I was really clad how the movie ended.

I found this one to be of the creepiest of the series so far, those creature of hell were really, really effect in this movie.

The only down side in that Main lead, wasn't very like able person, so didn't really care for it.

Second best sequel in the movie,

I going to Give this movie 8 out of 10

Hellraiser: Hellseeker (2002) (V)

I have some really mixed feeling...about this sequel not as good as the one before, I thought it was better then the fourth movie in the series for so far.

The most of the movie. I was really confused, as the movie kept on going, I just kept on getting more and more confused..

I did not understand what the hell was going for most of the movie, I just found the whole movie to be very bizarre.

I did not find that boring, there were some dull parts that drag on bit but that really, found this sequel well worth watching.

I Clad that Kirsty returned in this movie to have a connections to the early movies in the series

I really liked the the ending, it really took me by surprised as did not seeing coming at all,

Over I thought it was very decent sequel but it did not have many bloody moment in this at all, i thought it even less gory then one before, which had very little gory in it.

I give this 5 out of 10

Hellraiser: Deader (2005) (V)
This not were near as good as first movie movies or 5 or 6, I do think it just tiny bit better then 4th movie in the series.

Only saw this few hours ago, I swear, I don't remember much that really happened in the movie

There were some bloody moment , I would say bit more bloody then last two movie in the series.

I just could not get into this movie at all, as the plot was bit to bland , I thought, I did not care anyone in this movie at all.

Even the main lead, I found really annoying and I find ending really cheap and I did not like as much as the other sequel.

it's was not as boring as fourth movie in the series, Which I give this movie 4 out of 10

Hellraiser: Hellworld (2005) (V)

Don't why but I blame Halloween: Resurrection (2002) for this , I hated that so much, yet this is not as bad that but it not that far be hide it at all. Most of the movie I just had Halloween 8 all over again.

I thought last was really bad but this one even worse one in the whole series (No I won't counting in the Revelations as not going bother with it all )

Gamers playing a MMORPG based on the "Hellraiser" franchise find their lives endangered after being invited to a rave whose host intends to show them the truth behind the Cenobite mythos.

I found first half of hour of movie was just a waste of time, were nothing really happens, I Don't mind slow start, at least give us something to chew on for a bit but nothing.

Then the teens are getting killed in this movie , some of the death scene are bloody but in a way they looked really cheap.

the effect were not that good at all, However did seem have a bit more bloody moment in this movie then last few sequels (Which dose not make good Hellrasier movie)

The acting ( If you can call it that) from all teens. they were do dame annoying. i was fast forward some parts of the movie, voice started get on nerve.

And the twist was was utter rubbish, its so predicable from the first moment the movie started

The bland twist kind fitted in well with rest of the movie which was very bland indeed.

The Hellrasier series ends here for me
1 out of 10

Then I went to see Puppet master series

Puppetmaster (1989) (V)
I have seen half of it this before, Cause I found at little slow back then and turned it off half way in as I got bored a few years ago , this movie dose have some very some slow parts.

Which can be a bit boring, it did take me while before the movie really get me in, I wasn't really into the movie until after the half away mark of the movie.

I did like Puppets were really good and creepy, really well made, Creepy Puppets and like how they moved,

There were some decent plot however this movie dose seem a little out dated.

the acting was little cheesy then I thought it be,

I found some parts a bit too silly even for this kinda of movie, Yes, I know it's was meant to be Silly but i expected something else silly, like Dolls or Child Play, which I really liked.

5 out of 10

Puppet Master II (1991) (V)

I didn't think the first was that good however I thought it was decent

This sequel was start of really good, As the Puppets brought back the Master of the Dead.

I liked this movie just a bit a better then first movie, I liked the fact that show a lot more of the Puppets.

The movie didn't take to long to get started, i found most of really entertaining but however after second half, some parts did drag on a little and found those part a little boring,

The ending was just really odd and a bit Creepy,

I give this movie 6 out of 10

Puppet Master III: Toulon's Revenge (1991) (V)
I was hoping this was going to be Sequel to the Second, which kind of make the end of part useless.

This movie now prequel and back in 40's or 50's when there a war going on.

I liked the fact we get see how some Puppets came to mind however this movie were I think they lose there Creepy factor.

The plot was decent, it flowed really well thought-out the movie, there were some bloody moment but nothing to gory.

The acting wasn't to be in this movie, it's can be wooden now and again, I thought it was decent

I give this movie 5 out of 10, Same and the first one, I don't think it was good as the second one

Puppet Master 4 (1993) (V) (This one perfect for the whole family to watch)

I thought this was best one yet, (No, I am not Drunk lol ) I really enjoyed this one the most.

I had fun of start to end of this movie, it's started of as Cheese as you can get, in the underworld of Hell (It''s kind of reminds of old Power ranger shows I used to watch when I was kid lol ) , the demon Sutekh send to of Totems which really nasty little creatures

Rick Myers who ends up coming cross the Puppets and then bring they back for his own entertainment.

Soon the puppets turn good and defend the Humans against the Totems and battle break with Blade and one of Creature.

I love Jester face kept changing in fight scenes, I found it's really funny, I think could of helped that if thee kids in this movie instead of Adults.

I can see why not many people like this movie, there was really limited on on kill scenes, there not many bloody moment.

Some of the acting in this movie, as got to be worse anything in this series so. I think lead guy the only you acting didn't not bother me.

Overall going to give this a 6 out of 10 (I was going give 7 but I was hoping of for more gore)

I wasn't even thinking of seeing 5, i might end up having fun with it

Will Review Puppet Master 5 in a bit, as already seen early, I didn't think it was as good as four but it more then a watchable.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:23 AM
For Vendetta

Excellent. Recommended to anyone who has been bothered by recent events regarding gun control in the US.

Oh, and there's a small moment when Hoffman & Hackman end up in the same scene together. Watch the sparks fly.

* * * ˝
Old 12-30-2012, 11:51 AM
From The Beyond

Attack The Block (2011) Campy and cheesy sci-fi horror comedy with some ridiculous blatantly oxygen thieving characters. However it did have some entertainment value in watching them meet their ends. Could have done with perhaps more violence and gore to make those scenes even more satisfying but not bad as it was. Though the idea of there being any "heroes" in this shower of shit-heads was a pathetically lame brainfart on the part of the director. So forcing that issue adds a degree of unintentional comedy (the only thing I actually found funny in the entire movie) towards the end. Not one I would watch again but a time killer if nothing else.

Paradise Lost (2006) Cash-in on the paranoia surrounding tourists being kidnapped and their organs being removed and sold. Better than I expected it to be with some genuinely tense scenes, odd bit of gore and gorgeous cinematography that transcends it's low budget. Surprising to see potential victim characters with so much bite and fight in them despite the obvious stereotyping. Worth a look though don't expect it to be as grim as the harsh reality of the issue but kudos for the bloody good attempt.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:03 PM
No, fuck YOU

"This is 40" 5/10

A very, very, very long "comedy".

"Crazy, stupid, love" 6/10

Also a "comedy", but at least not as long.