Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Indie Horror Movies and Short Films
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-08-2009, 09:28 AM
Scared Stiff

Website for Horror Shorts

Hello Everyone,

I have started a website where I show short horror movies that I produce:

http://www.scaredstiff.tv

Click on the "Episodes" button to watch my shows. Please take a look if you get a chance. I have six episodes up right now! Let me know what you think.

Thanks everyone!
Old 06-08-2009, 11:05 AM
Cranky

You've obviously put a lot of effort into this endeavor, but I've got to give you an average grade, at best.

Acting is wooden and amateurish. Ditch the family members and find some local actors to help you out. Particularly your father- he's awful.

Scripts are poorly written. "Stitching wire?" "I'm calling the police department!"The entire department? The "twist" endings are obvious from the get go.

Directing/editing pedestrian. Tighten up your editing. The pacing is very slow.

Production- slipshod. Props are often laughable. He knocked that guy out with a toy rolling pin?

You set up sequences well, and know how to cut for continuity, but you have a long way to go.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 06-08-2009, 12:02 PM
Scared Stiff

Advice

Thank you for your advice. I think you will notice an improvement in production values in future episodes. I have a good group of people who have just joined the production team and some new actors in front of the camera. Just curious, did you watch all six of the episodes?

Not to make excuses for anything, but in a small town I used to live in, there were only six cops and everyone referred it to the "police department." So even though it made no difference in the story, I wanted it to be in a small town. That's why it was called the "police department." And it actually was a real rolling pin.

But again, thank you for your honest opinion and I hope you enjoy further episodes!
Old 06-08-2009, 12:18 PM
Cranky

I watched four episodes.

Keep working. I'll check out your future episodes.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 06-09-2009, 11:04 AM
Scared Stiff

Link to new episode

To save everyone some time, here is the youtube link to the newest episode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ_MDl8fPxY

Enjoy!
Old 06-23-2009, 10:43 AM
Scares Little Kids

Hmmm... I always love it when people create things and take the risk to share it with the world.

I hope you continue your series. Take what works, leave what doesn't and produce better and better content over time.

Good luck!