Old 01-16-2019, 03:56 PM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
So I get the package concept. What was fiasco, just someone not sending it along, or some interesting things in the box
Just failure to adhere for one reason or another.
You ask me, unless you had the necessary funds to ship it back out, or a kind of group fund was established and completed to get it in or out of your area...no dice...it would, sadly, need to be one of those "can you afford this?" questions, and well...nobody wants to have to ask that.

Quote:
So it would be a box of horror film related stuff that HDC members would mail to each other, take something and add something. That is a nifty idea.
I gather that was the idea yeah, though not even exclusively horror related stuff.
Liked the idea.
Damn, the amount of random shit I have in my place...would love to have contributed, but it never came this way. (I guess if ever it starts up again...)

I think...when you leave things with humans and it's not obligatory...they let things slide. Of course, I guess whoever "just kept it" in the end was who really let the team down.

I guess the only thing we could do is establish an HDC buy/trade page.
That's on you guys if you wanna - I don't set things up.
"I'll allow it".

So on the gilette commercial thing, I don't find the ad in poor taste at all...though really the one I saw was bloody waaaay too long - is this one they show at the cinema before a film or something?
I get what they're trying to do, and look, it's a message all "men" shouldn't really need public reminders of...yknow...act like people.
I think the main issue some people may take is that it's kind of "jumping on board the bandwagon" (a little late) but it's kind of coming across as a bit of a transparent marketing move?
Good that they're reflecting a positive attitude and, if it's still ok to say, being a gentleman though...but yeah...this is what I see as the issue some people are taking with it.
Me? Don't give a shit personally.

Quote:
Cool, you doing the morning or 'after work' program? From experience, if you can really notch it into a schedule you don't give yourself an option, then it works well.
Not working right now, just enjoying the kids last year of no school - I manage financially ;)
Though I do prefer to go in the morning.
While I was working, I went prior to work at about 6:30am.
Now?
I wake up sometime between 8-9, have some tea and food, shake myself awake some and head to the gym shortly after that.
I think for me? Psychologically, I don't like "waiting", I don't like "looking forward to it" like literally the lazy part of me gets stronger sway throughout the day...so if I want to adhere? Yes. It's one of the first things I do in the day.
You tend to feel better and more awake too for the rest of the day - this was always a problem when I went at night, because I'd be so wired I wouldn't be able to sleep for hours.
Old 01-16-2019, 05:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Yes! That was exactly my impression as well. Not sure what Elton's take on the commercial was... I assumed he was cool with kidding around with it.

Just looked at the Gillette commercial. I don't get why anyone would have a problem with it. Stop a fight, or bullying attack, or sexual harassment attack, that's what a good men would do, nothing strange about that. I just assume some agent provocateurs will use it to get some media exposure.

There was one part that was odd, or poorly shot... where a chic in tight clothes walks by on the sidewalk and a dude started to walk off to go talk to her, and another dude blocks him and says, "Bro, not cool, not cool". I don't know why it would be wrong to meet a lady on the sidewalk... I assume the writer or director meant to show a guy, stopping another guy harassing a lady on the street, but they didn't get to that... such as showing the guy catcall obscenities, or go up to her ask something obscene, or brab at her. Too bad they screwed up that part... unless I'm missing something?
There's a lot of shit people make a big deal out of and I don't understand why. I don't understand the whole Nike thing. I do however feel like the Snickers thing was a bit derogatory though. There was this very bizarre holiday commercial for a local Furniture Company here in Vegas that only aired for about a week. In the commercial the guy who owns the store was wishing a merry Christmas to all these different races and then this Asian guy, among a bunch of other people who I guess we're employees were standing there and he looks over at the bus and smiles and the boss says nobody likes those people. Then at the very end it showed some other guy all together walking away and the boss said his name and wait. It's like it was an outtake added to the end of the commercial but apparently that remark must have pissed someone off or they tried to make it look that way anyway. Considering it only lasted for about a week though I'm sure someone took issue with it.
Old 01-16-2019, 06:29 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
Just failure to adhere for one reason or another.
You ask me, unless you had the necessary funds to ship it back out, or a kind of group fund was established and completed to get it in or out of your area...no dice...it would, sadly, need to be one of those "can you afford this?" questions, and well...nobody wants to have to ask that.

I wake up sometime between 8-9, have some tea and food, shake myself awake some and head to the gym shortly after that.
I think for me? Psychologically, I don't like "waiting", I don't like "looking forward to it" like literally the lazy part of me gets stronger sway throughout the day...so if I want to adhere? Yes. It's one of the first things I do in the day.
You tend to feel better and more awake too for the rest of the day - this was always a problem when I went at night, because I'd be so wired I wouldn't be able to sleep for hours.
Yeah, I would wonder about the cost of mailing a box to Australia... have no idea what it would cost, but that might make me pause. But it's a one time deal, I think I wouldn't sneeze at something at or below $20 US dollars.

That's cool you go in the morning. That is a great way to start the day, boost that awakeness and energy all day. I would have to adjust going to a gym at 5AM or whatever before work. But it is cool to workout, take a shower and start your day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningriser View Post
There's a lot of shit people make a big deal out of and I don't understand why. I don't understand the whole Nike thing. I do however feel like the Snickers thing was a bit derogatory though. There was this very bizarre holiday commercial for a local Furniture Company here in Vegas that only aired for about a week. In the commercial the guy who owns the store was wishing a merry Christmas to all these different races and then this Asian guy, among a bunch of other people who I guess we're employees were standing there and he looks over at the bus and smiles and the boss says nobody likes those people. Then at the very end it showed some other guy all together walking away and the boss said his name and wait. It's like it was an outtake added to the end of the commercial but apparently that remark must have pissed someone off or they tried to make it look that way anyway. Considering it only lasted for about a week though I'm sure someone took issue with it.
Link the Snicker commercial. I don't know that one.

Old 01-16-2019, 06:38 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloof View Post
Never thought it was a gay thing at all. Just that their music styles are so different and the rapper is not acting like himself. The gillette commercial...i coundnt figure out what the heck they were talking about.
LOL Ya, you're probably right. Maybe that's because your mind is in the right place, and mine is not. I'm sure you're right, that was the intention, but there was extra issues that both I and Morn picked up. Actually, I think I saw it on youtube, and turned to a buddy and he thought what I thought. The extra things, that Morn pointed out, Elton is gay, and the rapper, after eating the candybar, started rapping a 'get the lady rap'. I mean, call my mind in the wrong place and all, but the creator of the commercial has to see the big picture.

Old 01-16-2019, 07:22 PM
Banned

Old 01-16-2019, 07:31 PM
Banned

Holy shit... I know I shouldn't be laughing at these but oh my god. When I was looking for that furniture store commercial that came across these two.

Old 01-17-2019, 05:27 AM
This is a test

Quote:
LOL Ya, you're probably right. Maybe that's because your mind is in the right place, and mine is not. I'm sure you're right, that was the intention, but there was extra issues that both I and Morn picked up. Actually, I think I saw it on youtube, and turned to a buddy and he thought what I thought. The extra things, that Morn pointed out, Elton is gay, and the rapper, after eating the candybar, started rapping a 'get the lady rap'. I mean, call my mind in the wrong place and all, but the creator of the commercial has to see the big picture.
I really dont think Elton John would participate in gay bashing of any type. Unless he thought it was funny and harmless. You mentioned not understanding why one guy stopped another guy from following a girl with tight clothes. I think they are trying to say just because a girl dresses like that doesn't mean she's asking for it.
Old 01-17-2019, 10:22 AM
This is a test

I won't start a thread unless any interest is expressed but that package thing got me thinking. Why don't we do an online one. I could take a pic of some random thing in my house, maybe explain a little bit and post it. Than someone else can do one. Doesnt have to be horror related. Something you are proud of, something you use everyday, a pet etc etc. Anyone?
Old 01-17-2019, 11:11 AM
ventricle

Quote:
I really dont think Elton John would participate in gay bashing of any type. Unless he thought it was funny and harmless. You mentioned not understanding why one guy stopped another guy from following a girl with tight clothes. I think they are trying to say just because a girl dresses like that doesn't mean she's asking for it.
I think that's what they were trying to say too, considering the context. She could be dressed like that for a lot of reasons, including a hope a that a fellow introduces himself to her on the sidewalk, or wherever she was going. I just think they messed up that spot.

Quote:
I won't start a thread unless any interest is expressed but that package thing got me thinking. Why don't we do an online one. I could take a pic of some random thing in my house, maybe explain a little bit and post it. Than someone else can do one. Doesnt have to be horror related. Something you are proud of, something you use everyday, a pet etc etc. Anyone?
If you post a pet I like, can you mail it to me?

Old 01-18-2019, 05:25 AM
This is a test

Quote:
I think that's what they were trying to say too, considering the context. She could be dressed like that for a lot of reasons, including a hope a that a fellow introduces himself to her on the sidewalk, or wherever she was going. I just think they messed up that spot.

If you post a pet I like, can you mail it to me?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1547817033494.jpg (15.0 KB, 5 views)