Old 04-10-2012, 04:38 AM
From The Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard of gore View Post
iv got heart shaped box from joe hill to read next and i cant wait ,this cujo book is driving me insane.reminds me of geralds game, chained up and the storys her just lying there thinking stuff basically the whole book,except shes trapped in a car boooring,i cant beleive they made this crap into a movie,it must have a hell of a good ending
I hated Gerald's Game-the worst book I've read by King, never read Cujo but the movie wasn't as dreadful as I expected. But not great either.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:30 AM
Demon from Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearonsarms View Post
I hated Gerald's Game-the worst book I've read by King, never read Cujo but the movie wasn't as dreadful as I expected. But not great either.
I'm honestly kind of surprised you didn't like Gerald's Game, or at least the last half of it. The first half I can somewhat understand but from the point that she first sees the "space cowboy" and on, it continued to draw me in. I loved it, sorry you weren't able to enjoy it.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:30 AM
Horror writer

Hi all, I"m new here. Not reading any horror at the moment. Just finished one sort of called Blood and Bullets about a vampire bounty hunter. Was ok, more like urban fantasy than horror. I don't even get some of the sub-categories anymore.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:12 AM
Banned

Savage

pretty good so far

and read a short story by one Lee Widener in this book

very impressed :D
Old 04-10-2012, 11:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearonsarms View Post
agree geralds game was the worst king iv read too..well so far
Old 04-10-2012, 11:44 AM
Banned

[QUOTE=newb;922938]Savage

pretty good so far

cant go wrong with laymon,hes the fuckin man!
Old 04-10-2012, 11:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimMiller2011 View Post
Hi all, I"m new here. Not reading any horror at the moment. Just finished one sort of called Blood and Bullets about a vampire bounty hunter. Was ok, more like urban fantasy than horror. I don't even get some of the sub-categories anymore.
vampires have headed in many different directions.used to be if it was anything to do with vampires it was horror,now it could be a love story an action or..well anything really
Old 04-10-2012, 11:48 AM
Horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard of gore View Post
iv got heart shaped box from joe hill to read next and i cant wait ,this cujo book is driving me insane.reminds me of geralds game, chained up and the storys her just lying there thinking stuff basically the whole book,except shes trapped in a car boooring,i cant beleive they made this crap into a movie,it must have a hell of a good ending
I read and loved Heart Shaped Box. It had me awake at night, much to the amusement of my fiancée (She was the one who recommended it to me). I actually think the writing of the book I recommended is quite similarly brutal, so think that Graveyard Blues might be right up your alley!
Old 04-10-2012, 11:51 AM
Horror fan

I'm also hoping some other people on here will read Graveyard Blues, because

1) It would be nice to see what some other people think of it too and talk to somebody about it.
2) I want it to do well so the author will write more.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by koontzandkingfan View Post
I read and loved Heart Shaped Box. It had me awake at night, much to the amusement of my fiancée (She was the one who recommended it to me). I actually think the writing of the book I recommended is quite similarly brutal, so think that Graveyard Blues might be right up your alley!
fuckin sweet cant wait,only got about less than a quater of the stephin king book to go.
now joe hills stephen kings son right?iv asked this before but no one answerd