Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Indie Horror Movies and Short Films
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-23-2004, 07:26 AM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Quote:
Originally posted by knife_fight
Here's a good rule of thumb: if they don't stock any movies starring Lou Ferrigno (however you spell it), stay away.
Great rule.
Old 01-23-2004, 08:25 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to Leslie Daher
i'm total agreement..i used to LOVE going w/ my brothers to rent movies..we'd have to scrape together change and bottle returns and then we'd even rent the vcr!!! there were TONS of horror flicks to choose from-so many that i could never remember all the titles and i've said often how it bums me out that that doesn't exist anymore. i'm a little older (26) but when i worked in retail i worked w/ this girl who was like 17 and she's like, " oh, i love horror. like scream and house on haunted hill." OMG! i couldn't believe my ears. klev is so right. i want the classics back! ALL of them. i'd rather watch all of those than most of the garbage they put out now.
Old 01-27-2004, 07:11 PM
Hellraiser

We had this laundromat video store combo a few years ago in my cityy and it was the shit.sadly they are gone now.
Old 01-27-2004, 09:05 PM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Quote:
Originally posted by freddyenglund
We had this laundromat video store combo a few years ago in my cityy and it was the shit.sadly they are gone now.
How interesting. We have a ton of video/tanning bed combo stores here.
Old 01-28-2004, 02:37 PM
Evil Dead

I used to manage a little video/tanning store, and as a joke a girl flashed me her boobs and I thought it was funny and didn't charge her. She told all her friends and then they came up and asked if they could get the same deal. I told most of them to hit the road, but there were about three with...well, you get the idea. I love job benefits.
Old 02-01-2004, 09:29 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
How interesting. We have a ton of video/tanning bed combo stores here.
That really is quite bizzare :confused:
I know what you guys mean there's been Blockbuster has brought out a couple of local stores here that used to have awesome horror movie selections which now have disappeared because they weren't making a profit :mad: I've been copying alot of Horror movies from a variety of different stores before they all disappear on me.
Old 02-03-2004, 03:22 AM
Dead as a Dodo

Actually when the Blockbusters in my home town first opened they had ALL the old horror movies! The horror section was HUGE it was awesome! A few months later the horror section had dwindled to like one bay! And then if that weren't bad enough Blockbusters now put their sci-fi and horror together in the same tiny section! Used to have a place called The Video Box, it was tiny but they had all the old stuff like Saturday The 14th!!! Now all we get at Blockbusters is 100 copies of like Men In Black. You can't rent old movies of any genre now. At least I have the memories!
Old 02-03-2004, 02:52 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
You can't rent old movies of any genre now. At least I have the memories!
Yeh that's the sad truth of it. I have to go to a combination of about 5 or 6 video stores to rent horror movies. But i'm starting to get a pretty big collection of horror films of about 200+
Old 02-07-2004, 03:08 AM
Dead as a Dodo

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis_Christ
Yeh that's the sad truth of it. I have to go to a combination of about 5 or 6 video stores to rent horror movies. But i'm starting to get a pretty big collection of horror films of about 200+
If I wanna see anything older I have to buy it. Kind of annoying if it turns out to suck! If only I wanted to rent 60 copies of Down With Love - I'd be well away.
Old 02-07-2004, 04:26 AM
BMXICAN

Man do I miss mom and pop stores. We had quite a few in my hometown and if you couldn't find something at one chances were you would find it at one of them. And god I remember we had two visionex stores in my hometown, and rentals were a dollar. Those were the days.

Jesus had a tough life. I read about that guy. Jesus is the only guy that ever came back from the dead that didn't scare the F--- out of everybody!
-Sam Kinison