Old 05-07-2009, 01:21 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to missmacabre
My reaction to horror movies.

So last night I ended up watching Inside, at the reccomendation of quite a few people in HDC. (Shout outs to Chrono, UngodlyWarlock and Roshiq) Thank you, it was a great movie, and just what I needed. It not only cured my inability to watch horror movie, but also got me out of a creative rut.

I ended up recording myself watching the last half hour or the movie. I didn't even think to record the whole thing until I realized how brutal some parts were. I really wish I had caught my face at one certain part that I won't spoil here. Anyway I edited the video and posted it on youtube.

Now for the creativity part. I have wanted to start a horror blog for about a year now. Problem is, I'm not the best writer, and there are a trillion horror blogs out there, all writing about the same thing. I was thinking last night, that a friend and I could record our reactions while watching horror movies and write short blog posts about our thoughts on the movie.

I need you to let me know if you think this will fly, if you find it entertaining, what you would like to see, etc.

Thank you soooo much,

Jen.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:06 AM
Pirate of Bengal

"oh! don't cry Jen...please don't cry! It was just a movie...not a real life video!"[:p ]..anyways, we're sure you liked it though.:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmacabre View Post
Now for the creativity part. I have wanted to start a horror blog for about a year now. Problem is, I'm not the best writer, and there are a trillion horror blogs out there, all writing about the same thing. I was thinking last night, that a friend and I could record our reactions while watching horror movies and write short blog posts about our thoughts on the movie.
I need you to let me know if you think this will fly, if you find it entertaining, what you would like to see, etc.

Thank you soooo much,
Jen.
Now..that's actually a pretty funny and nice idea. I'm not sure whether all the blog members can respond in that way (rec. the vdo while watching a film and then upload it) or be honest with your idea like rec. their true reactions as the way you did...

Anyway, it's really nice to see you in the vdo, mac.:)

Btw, have you seen [REC.]? It's not as brutal or bloody like Inside but it definitely has some pretty surprise scary moments and that may worth a reaction vdo.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:13 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
"oh! don't cry Jen...please don't cry! It was just a movie...not a real life video!"[:p ]..anyways, we're sure you liked it though.:D

Now..that's actually a pretty funny and nice idea. I'm not sure whether all the blog members can respond in that way (rec. the vdo while watching a film and then upload it) or be honest with your idea like rec. their true reactions as the way you did...

Anyway, it's really nice to see you in the vdo, mac.:)

Btw, have you seen [REC.]? It's not as brutal or bloody like Inside but it definitely has some pretty surprise scary moments and that may worth a reaction vdo.
Yeah I have already seen Rec. I absolutely loved it, lots of surprising bits. I'm gonna probably make up a list of movies I haven't seen, or haven't watched in a long time.

I think it would actually be kinda hard to fake your reactions when you really get into it. Like I just turned the webcam on and then popped up my movie on top. Completely forgot it was on for a while.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:16 AM
For Vendetta

Next on your list should be Martyrs.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:24 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
Next on your list should be Martyrs.
That's the plan, and the whole reason I watched Inside. You guys should be in for a ton of laughs with that one.

My friend on Twitter just gave me the idea of using youtube's annotations to put a time stamp from the movie on my video so anyone who watches the movie can see where I flinched or cried or whatever.

It's such a fun time going from scared watching a movie, and then laughing watching myself watch a movie.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:02 AM
Cranky

Well, it's an interesting idea. The challenge is going to be- from this point forward you're going to be increasingly aware of the camera. It will be difficult to maintain your objectivity and not have tucked in the back of your mind questions of performance and your audience.

The first time is honest and real. How do you recreate that ambiance?

Research the jennicam.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 05-07-2009, 03:45 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

I have an amazing reaction of 3 work mates watching BME pain olympics - the pic is on my phone i'll try get it off it..

Basically - the other designer was talking about some sick shit he saw on the Net - i said have u seen BME PAIN OLYMPICS. he said no and looked it up..he was shocked and called 2 other ppl from the office in. They well all shocked the photo is priceless.

They went 'how can u watch that sick shit?'

I repilied 'I've never seen it...' whcih was true,

I felt like HArlan exposing them to the Videodromesignel.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:16 AM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to Rayne
It didn't look like you were having a very good time watching this movie.

I don't think it would be very interesting if I taped myself watching something...I don't think I really react much except by trying to solve the whole thing (who's doing it and why) as soon as I pick up a clue, or when I yell at people for doing stupid things that cause them to get killed...I can't even count the number of times I've said, "Now, cut off his head, dammit" or smash his head, shoot him in the head, whatever makes the most sense at the time...Oh, and I'm always telling them to stop screaming because it's annoying as hell, gets them caught, and keeps them from thinking and acting rationally. God, I would have killed the brunette in 'Broken' myself, just to shut her up.

Your video was interesting to watch, tho...Thanks for sharing :)
Old 05-07-2009, 04:26 AM
Banned

ha ha....you're such a girl :p

You did look a bit uncomfortable watching that.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:54 AM
Foxhole Atheist

I like the idea, certainly cant hurt giving it a try. Anything a little different to seperate your blog from others.

NE made a good point though, you will be aware of the camera and it would be important to not play up to it, even slightly.

I was happy to see how uncomfortable you were watching Inside though, horror films shouldnt be an easy watch (although most are).

Battle Royalty, 2009
@Wolf_Scousemac