Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-09-2005, 07:29 AM
Evil Dead

Worst. Movie. Ever.: 13th Child: Legend of the Jersey Devil
Old 08-09-2005, 07:46 AM
Analrapist

oh yes... house of the dead just bumped undead off 1rst place for worst movie ever. i mean there are bad movies, but when you can actually see the spring used to send the stuntman/zombie into the air, that's just fucking lazy.

Thug means never having to say you're sorry.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:22 AM
Tenant

Quote:
Originally posted by Babygurl20
There really is no 'worst' movie because all movies took time to make so they are all good to someone. But the movie that I was most dissappointed in was "Land Of The Dead". It contradicted itself in so many ways and it was just horrible.

1) In "Dawn Of The Dead" the zombies could move at very fast speeds, but in "Land" they moved like they were retarded or something. They moved slow, which is crazy. You can't have zombies that can run like deer and then have them move slow in the next movie. Like I said it contradicts itself.

2) It never even explained in any way WHY this one zombie suddenly became smart. I mean why this zombie out of all of them?

3) The zombies in "Dawn" were killers, and then all of a sudden in "Land" well, they are just 'looking for a place to go'. That didn't make any sense. Why didn't they just kill everybody like on "Dawn".

4) Why on earth were they mesmerized by 'sky floweres' (fireworks)? What did that have to do with anything and why did they not bother explaining or at least giving a hint to why the fireworks entertained them?

Thats just my opininon, but I feel that I have made a few points clear on this, and I feel I have explained myself well as to why it was a major dissappointment.
Dawn of the Dead (1978) goes to Land of the Dead, not the 'Dawn' you're thinking of, which is a remake by a different director. In the original 'Dawn', the zombies moved slow, which explains the slow movement in 'Land'.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:31 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via ICQ to Steve_Hutchison
Babygurl, the man's right. Seeing the original Dawn of the Dead will make things much clearer. I recommend it. The remake was decent but really doesn't beat the original in any way. The zombies aren't the only things slower in it. The pace also is, which is a good thing.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:34 AM
Evil Dead

Re: Re: Re: Re: worst movie

Quote:
Originally posted by jenna26
Hey!!!:mad: I just caught this little comment...completely untrue....:mad: :p

I know several people that are sitting on ready for sequels to movies that haven't had a good sequel in years, if ever. I mean do we really need another Halloween film (I'm sorry the last one was just outright ridiculous) or yet another Friday the 13th sequel? But I realize that a lot of people have fun with them, even though they are tired, in my opinion. But I am just hard to please these days...lol.
Sequels suck. Period.

I just watched "From Dusk Til Dawn" parts 2 and 3.

Sad days for me :(
Old 08-09-2005, 12:44 PM
warprophet

allright...im not sure witch one to choose... but hers a cuple for your list...didnt bother reading thrugh the hole thing:

feardotcom
saint/sinner by clive barker
and space marines... though this movie becomes best in the world if you enjoy it with a sixpack and a bunch of friends with tacky humor
Old 08-09-2005, 06:17 PM
Evil Dead

The absolute worst movie I have ever seen is a film called "Mindkiller"

I hate it!!!

Fulci Lives!!!!
Old 08-09-2005, 11:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
I just watched "From Dusk Til Dawn" parts 2 and 3.
2 is terrible, but I thought 3 wasn't too bad - there's a real eye-opener of a face-blasting scene with a guy aboard a speeding horse and cart.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:35 AM
Evil Dead

George Romero's Zombies

NOTE: Possible spoilers for Land of the Dead...

The dead are re-animated for one reason or another. The part of their brains still active enable them to move about slowly, feeding their most basic natural drive, which is to eat. From the way they've been portrayed throughout the four films, by Romero, they are somehow evolving.

Night of the Living Dead - They only kill and eat, increasing their numbers. Barbara's brother didn't recognize her. Neither did the couple's daughter.

Dawn of the Dead - The zombies are attracted to the mall. They remember something about and from their lives. What they normally do. Go to the mall. Shop. There was one scene in which they were struggling to close the glass doors and Roger's (Scott Reiniger) rifle was stuck between them. When he finally let it go, one of the zombies examined it briefly before dropping it to claw at the glass. And Stephen (David Emge) as a zombie began moving towards their nest upstairs, through the cardboard wall they had built earlier in the film.

Day of the Dead - Remember Bob with the telephone and salute with his .45 caliber...need I say more?

Land of the Dead - Some zombies (like Bob) evolve faster than others. Others remember certain things, like flower fireworks. Hence, the "leader" zombie. He winced, as if in pain, when he had to "put down" one of his own who caught on fire. He guided the zombie with a meat-cleaver to break the wooden wall apart. Not to mention, the priceless scene of seemingly leaving suddenly after pouring fuel over the limousine, only to come back with fire.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:51 AM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
MILO...Too stupid for words...

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be