Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Books & Fiction Writing
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-04-2008, 07:49 PM
ericbennett00

short story

so i read this amazing short story about 5 years ago and now the book is lost and i have no clue who wrote it or what book it was from...
anyways, it was about a guy who kept having the same dream of a mansion in the countryside, his dreams followed the family as they got older and moved on and he became super familiar with the mansion, but always woke up while trying to enter one of the rooms..
after a while of not having the dreams at all the man goes on vacation with a friend and finds that theyre staying in the same house he had been dreaming about. the dude keeps himself calm but when he finds out hes sleeping in THE room, and sees a portrait in the house of one of the people from his dream he starts freaking out, his friend takes the portrait down and gets him calm again, they go to bed.. but dude is woken up by some movement in his room.. turns out the house is haunted

ring any bells? i have seriously been trying to figure this out for years.. someone HELP please!