Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-27-2015, 03:46 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Marlon View Post

I don't watch trailers in general. Unless I don't care that much about the movie.
I think it's more fun if you don't know what to expect.
Same here, i dont want to see a trailer, or vevn read a review, of a flm i decided to see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBossInTheWall View Post
Yeah there's nothing as wonderful as forcing your holidays on someone else...because you see it as spreading cheer does not mean I want to hear it. For me its spreading expectancy of shared experience that is not there.
Oh, comon now, Bwall, theyre just sending you peaceful vibes with words related to the season. Im quite sure nobody is asking you to do anything... except receive some goodwill.

Old 10-27-2015, 04:29 PM
Horror > Everything

The Houses October Built.

Pretty fun watch. Far from perfect but effective enough to keep me involved. Very nice concept and decent excecution. The Halloween attractions are cool and range from pretty cheesy to damn scary, and some of the attractions characters are visually memorable. I'm glad I gave it a second look this Hallowday month.
Old 10-27-2015, 09:11 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Re-Kill (2015)

>>: C-

Lumberjack Man (2015)

>>: C-

Unnatural (2015)

>>: C
Old 10-27-2015, 10:28 PM
Evil Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
I try not to watch trailers, but I go to the theatre so often that I end up being forced to watch them.
Who or what's forcing you? You can always look at the floor or your phone or whatever.
That's what I do when pops up on tv.
Old 10-28-2015, 01:00 AM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

The Relic

Fun little monster flick. It had some CGI, but it wasn't 3-headed Shark bad so I'd recommend it if you have a few hours to kill and want to watch morons picked off one by one.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 10-28-2015, 01:11 AM
No, fuck YOU

Thumb resize.

"The Green Inferno" 7/10

"They got the munchies!!"
Old 10-28-2015, 01:16 AM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBossInTheWall View Post
What annoys me is when people wish me a merry Xmas. I'm not Christian, did not grow up Christian. I grew up Jewish, but am not religiously so 'happy holidays' doesn't work either. And since I grew up Jewish I associate the new year with September. Blah.
I was a rebel twat growing up, didn't like the C word, didn't like birthdays or having to hang out with family or any of that. But my dark days made me realize I should take any good will where ever it may be. If it has to wait until the holidays to make itself known, then so be it. Even if I don't like Thanksgiving, or celebrate non-Christian holidays. I return the good cheer, but I usually go with 'have a good one' for whatever rather than starting the chain of holiday greetings. Be it your upcoming festivities or just your day, have a good one. It makes a huge difference to some people's day.

ps why DOES the christain or whatever new year start off in January? The weather here is just the end of the fucking world. The roads and just everything are covered with snow and ice (mostly ice), single people on V-day are making poor life decisions and offing themselves. The mortality rate is just not a good one, if you ask me, new year should start in spring. It should be a matter of where you live, not culture. But eh, maybe that's just me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo'd View Post
Give in. You know it was great.
I enjoyed myself but like. I'm sitting there thinking... wait what just freaking happened?!
The build up was so gradual, that my brain had to work overtime to keep up with how fast the ending was. So the guy hit his wife then killed his co-workers? I feel something more severe happened at home like he hit the baby and killed it but it wasn't very clear on that. Just kept playing the same damn audio clip over and over again without showing us what happened.
I did enjoy the session tapes with Mary though. Simon's interview was worth the wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo'd View Post
The Houses October Built.

Pretty fun watch. Far from perfect but effective enough to keep me involved. Very nice concept and decent excecution. The Halloween attractions are cool and range from pretty cheesy to damn scary, and some of the attractions characters are visually memorable. I'm glad I gave it a second look this Hallowday month.
I saw this a few months ago and really liked it too. I remember talking to Horcrux about it and we thought there was something off about the ending. I think I was just getting attached to the characters and was upset to see what happened to them.

The idea behind this movie is what keeps it in good terms with me though. I really want to throw my friends in a van and go on a Haunted House road trip.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 10-28-2015, 01:16 AM
No, fuck YOU

Thumb resize.

"The Hollow" (2015) 4-5/10

Yes, not The Hallow. The Hollow.

A decent watch if it hadn't been for the 3 whiny and screaming main characters. Gave me a headache.

Last edited by Angra; 10-28-2015 at 01:21 AM.
Old 10-28-2015, 04:33 AM
Horror Fan

Apollo 18 (2011).

Terrifying found footage space horror with several effective jump scares. Recommended.

Old 10-28-2015, 04:45 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers View Post
Apollo 18 (2011).

Terrifying found footage space horror with several effective jump scares. Recommended.
oooh nooo...... that was awful

Tags
movie