Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies

Old 01-03-2016, 06:15 PM
Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disconser View Post
A better question is: Why do they keep making bad remakes?
This is very true, a lot of times the remakes completely miss the original's concepts and spirit.

One, two, Freddy's coming for you. Three, four, Better lock your door Five, six, grab a crucifix. Seven, eight, Gonna stay up late. Nine, ten, Never sleep again.

Last edited by Chevalier; 01-03-2016 at 06:59 PM.
Old 01-04-2016, 05:08 AM
Pumpkin Carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevalier View Post
This is very true, a lot of times the remakes completely miss the original's concepts and spirit.

One, two, Freddy's coming for you. Three, four, Better lock your door Five, six, grab a crucifix. Seven, eight, Gonna stay up late. Nine, ten, Never sleep again.
Indeed. Most of the time they just try to make it more brutal, more cruel instead of actually scary.

Old 05-17-2016, 12:52 AM
Hellraiser

i don't know who i would want to play freddy but i just hope this one is better than the remake from a few years ago. that movie was so bland and uninteresting in every way, the acting the over all look of the movie and the plot. maybe he was just given nothing to work with but i didn't like jackie earle haley at all. he was not menacing in the least.
Old 05-17-2016, 12:54 PM
"Wrong one, bitch!"

I love remakes! It doesn't matter if they are bad or good to me (I enjoyed all of the slasher remakes so far).. it means we get to have more movies with Freddy/Jason/Michael in them, and I for one, love that idea. Having said that, it's been 6 years since we had a Freddy movie, 7 since we had a Jason/Michael movie. I am looking forward for a new one of each franchise, but so far we're only getting a new Jason movie. They were going to have a new Michael movie but they scrapped the idea, unfortunately. And no word on a new Freddy movie, which saddens me.

Tags
a nightmare on elm street, freddy krueger, movie, reboot, rooney mara's boobies, scyllar