Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-25-2019, 07:08 AM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
FARGO (1996). Very strange, very funny Coen Bros flick with most of the laughs coming from Steve Buscemi's abrasive whiny character...the look on his face at the airport parking lot after all the aggravation he's had recently is priceless.

Have wondered about this next scene and any thoughts would be appreciated. When Wiliam H Macy goes to "...talk to My boss" to appease the angry buyer. he stops by the breakroom and sees someone watching a Hockey game and asks if the guy has a spare ticket. Is he just killing time or do You think, as I do, he was going to offer the ticket as a bribe so Customer will take the car with the "True Coat"? ****
Probably both. I think he was killing time, but since his co-worker was there, he shot for an extra ticket.

Old 01-25-2019, 07:29 PM
病気の

Pieces of Talent, 2014. 10/10

Director: Joe Stauffer

Thumb resize.
Old 01-26-2019, 12:04 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Probably both. I think he was killing time, but since his co-worker was there, he shot for an extra ticket.
Thanks Sculpt..it appears Great Minds think alike!
Old 01-26-2019, 12:05 PM
Banned

The Human Centipede 7/10

This movie never gets old. " I have a horny film of you back home"
Old 01-26-2019, 05:13 PM
病気の

Climax, 2018. 7/10

Director: Gaspar Noé

Thumb resize.
Old 01-26-2019, 07:36 PM
That fucking Guy...

Venom.

Well...I figured I owed it to the character to see this, after all I've read since borrowing issue #3 of "Lethal Protector" from a kid in my home-room in the 90's, then diving both backwards and forwards into the character, following the journey both host/s and symbiote have taken over the years.

I, surprisingly did not hate it.

Ok so the origin is pissed into the wind to give this some independence. Kind of grating just a little bit because SO much of the character was built on the anger at Parker/rejection from Spider-Man...ah well.
So he'll never be outright murderously creepy and sinister. Ok.

They made the Venom incarnation look right...and truth be told the big white spider emblem would have looked stupid.
He was the RIGHT SIZE, they went sparingly on the tongue.

The "conversations" between the creature and the host were great too, not entirely a copy of how it went in the comic, but well done nonetheless.

How the symbiote fought, I liked a lot. The chase scene. The apartment scene. Great. It moved like Venom should.

The only real issue I had was that I thought the villain was pretty bland, and while I know we've had endless carbon copies of Venom throughout the years...I found "just another Venom" to be a bit boring.
For this reason, while he was hinted at I kind of hope they don't do Carnage as the very next thing in line.

Yeah though, I mean...it was watchable. I liked it.
Old 01-27-2019, 03:25 AM
病気の

Enemy, 2013. 7,5/10

Director: Denis Villeneuve

Thumb resize.
Old 01-27-2019, 03:24 PM
病気の

An Inspector Calls, 2015. 7/10

Director: Aisling Walsh

Thumb resize.
Old 01-28-2019, 12:38 PM
Living Dead

Ghost Stories

6/10

Thumb resize.

Enjoyed the First two stories a lot, then it went to shit for me with the twist. Could had been really, really good.

Night Fare

6.5 - 7/10

Thumb resize.

Kept me on my chair until the end of it. The atmosphere was solid, but the story was done a few time already. Interesting twist at the end.
Old 01-30-2019, 01:09 AM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Not too many films stay in the dark or nighttime all film... probably Decent stays dark, but like Alien on a ship, it's just a set. Nightmare on Elm naturally is cool because, like you say, we get to feel safe during the day, it's a good breather, but the night still looms.

In one fake movie preview after Planet Terror they show a dinning room with some kids around the table, and the last scene shows the deranged killer working the backend of a turkey with the kids in the shot. The parents of the actors can choose to be ok with that, but I don't think it should be in films.
I think some of the best horror movies are either always dark or start off in the day and stay at night. It might be difficult to pull off when you think about the passage of time. You are right about Alien, how they are on a ship. But still Alien and for the most part Aliens are at night or in dark environments. The Thing is at night for the most part. Night of the Living Dead starts off in the day but then is at night for almost the rest of the movie.

Thanksgiving is one of the best fake trailers in Grindhouse. I had to watch it again because I didn't know what scene you were talking about. I haven't seen the trailer since watching the movie on a CRT TV. And yeah, I kind of remember thinking what is that guy doing? But now, I see it and the parents should be ashamed. But I guess that's Hollywood. I remember in one of the Hellraiser sequels, an actress who was very young was playing a hooker. I remember thinking that I wouldn't let my daughter do a scene like that.

Tags
movie