Old 09-01-2010, 01:56 PM
Scares Little Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by urdevil View Post
Ive been so disappointed by most of his films. IMO the worst were Lady in the water and the Village. The Happening is a guilty pleasure of mine:eek:
The trailor looks good, keep your fingers crossed.
The only Shyamalan movie I like is Unbreakable, which is a great flick IMO. But I can't stand any of his other movies. When I think of poorly executed twist endings, I think of Shyamalan.

When I saw this trailer for Devil in the theater, everybody moaned when Shyamalan's name flashed on the screen, which I later learned is a phenomenon called the "Shyamalan Groan".
Old 09-01-2010, 02:05 PM
No redeeming qualities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbidementia View Post
The only Shyamalan movie I like is Unbreakable, which is a great flick IMO. But I can't stand any of his other movies. When I think of poorly executed twist endings, I think of Shyamalan.

When I saw this trailer for Devil in the theater, everybody moaned when Shyamalan's name flashed on the screen, which I later learned is a phenomenon called the "Shyamalan Groan".
The Sixth Sense, Signs, and Unbreakable are all acceptable in my book. M. Night CAN make a good movie; his latest offerings have all been junk though. And not just a little bad--REALLY bad. Maybe he can return to form, though.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:14 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbidementia View Post
The only Shyamalan movie I like is Unbreakable, which is a great flick IMO.
Unbreakable was great. It copped way to much unwarranted shit it stands up to repeat viewings unlike The Sixth Sense.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:34 PM
That fucking Guy...

Agreed on Unbreakable being his best, by far.
I think he does films with pretty damn good atmosphere, I'll give him that.
But yeah...I dunno, maybe I'll watch something more he did post "The village" one day.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:56 AM
No redeeming qualities

Monsters

Is it District 9? Cloverfield? Jurassic Park?
Old 09-02-2010, 08:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuglystick View Post
Monsters

Looks like it might have potential. I'll give it a whirl.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:15 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Cold Fish...from the director of Suicide Club & Strange Circus

Shamoto runs a small tropical fish shop. His second wife, Taeko, does not get along with his daughter, Mitsuko, and this worries him. He also feels somehow unfulfilled and dissatisfied with what his life has become. One day Mitsuko is caught shoplifting at a grocery store. There they meet a friendly man named Murata, who helps to settle things between Mitsuko and the store manager. Since Murata also runs a tropical fish shop, Shamoto establishes a bond with him and they become friends; Mitsuko even begins working for Murata and living at this house, to avoid conflicts with her stepmother.
What Shamoto doesn't know, however, is that Murata hides many dark secrets behind his friendly face. He sells cheap fish to his customers for high prices with his artful lies. If anyone detects his fraud or refuses to go along with his money-making schemes, they're murdered and their bodies disposed of by Murata and his wife in grisly ways. Shamoto is suddenly taken in by Murata's tactics, and by the time he realizes that Murata is insane, and a serial killer who has made over fifty people disappear, he is powerless to do anything about it. But now Mitsuko is a hostage at Murata's home, and Shamoto himself has become the killer's unwilling accomplice.

Meanwhile, the murders, without any trace of the bodies, continue unabated. The police have long suspected Murata and try to get information about him from Shamoto; Murata quickly senses the danger and threatens Shamoto not to report anything to the police. Shamoto has no choice but to obey Murata's order. Cruel murders gradually cripple his mind and finally the ordinary man is driven to the edge of the abyss.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:27 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Hobo With a Shotgun...looks insanely Goregeous!;)

A vigilante homeless man pulls into a new city and finds himself trapped in urban chaos, a city where crime rules and where the city's crime boss reigns. Seeing an urban landscape filled with armed robbers, corrupt cops, abused prostitutes and even a pedophile Santa, the Hobo goes about bringing justice to the city the best way he knows how - with a 20-gauge shotgun. Mayhem ensues when he tries to make things better for the future generation. Street justice will indeed prevail.
Old 09-04-2010, 11:20 AM
Scares Little Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
Hobo With a Shotgun...looks insanely Goregeous!;)

A vigilante homeless man pulls into a new city and finds himself trapped in urban chaos, a city where crime rules and where the city's crime boss reigns. Seeing an urban landscape filled with armed robbers, corrupt cops, abused prostitutes and even a pedophile Santa, the Hobo goes about bringing justice to the city the best way he knows how - with a 20-gauge shotgun. Mayhem ensues when he tries to make things better for the future generation. Street justice will indeed prevail.
HOLY CRAP that is one splatterrific trailer! I'm honestly a little surprised to Rutger Hauer doing a movie this gory... or I have just not been paying close enough attention to him lately?
Old 09-04-2010, 11:24 AM
Scares Little Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuglystick View Post
Monsters

I am super excited for this one! You don't get to see very many giant monster movies these days. And the last ones I have seen were spectacular, namely Cloverfield and The Host. Can anyone tell me if I have missed any other good recent giant monster movies that I should check out to hold me over until Monsters comes out?

Tags
2016, 2017, buzzkill, cannibal, chicago, debbie, debbie and the devil, devil, horror, movie, official trailer, revenge, rings, samara is back, satan, scumbags, slasher, the devil, trailer