Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-18-2005, 07:37 PM
Evil Dead

Sorry Michael would kick ass as I have pointed out before Michael never died (Halloween 8 explained the decapatation scene).

Any how, how would Pinhead get at Michael?

Seeming his only desire is to wipeout his family and anyone else that gets in his way, why would he want to open the box?

Plus you need a soul to trade.
Old 08-18-2005, 07:47 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally posted by The_Return
I liked the 1st one, but stupid Blockbuster doesnt have the rest:mad:
I hate that store so fucking much.

The last two Hellraiser movies haven't been released over here yet. Its a series I've personally really enjoyed so far.

I heard rumours of a tv series aswell. Anyone clued up onto what's going on?
Old 08-19-2005, 02:46 AM
Evil Dead

For my opinion, Hellseeker is a load of crap, but Inferno is even worse. But at least there's Ashley Laurence in Hellseeker, which I found interesting, although her part is not that big and the whole "reunion" scene with Pinhead is pretty silly. In the DVD extras there's an extended version of that same scene with Rick Bota's commentary. He explains that they didn't use the whole scene in the movie because the audience might not understand the references to Kirsty's past (Kirsty and Pinny have a very nice little conversation about uncle Frank). Might not understand? The only people who would watch this film, are the people, who know what hellraiser is and thus know the background story aka what happens in parts 1 and 2. God, that mr. Bota should really stay away from Hellraiser!
Old 08-19-2005, 03:02 AM
The Dork Knight

Quote:
Originally posted by StaggerLee
The only people who would watch this film, are the people, who know what hellraiser is and thus know the background story aka what happens in parts 1 and 2. God, that mr. Bota should really stay away from Hellraiser!

That's not completely accurate, think about it...you think everyone who saw Halloween Resurrection saw the first one? I'm more than sure they didn't.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:56 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by AUSTIN316426808
That's not completely accurate, think about it...you think everyone who saw Halloween Resurrection saw the first one? I'm more than sure they didn't.
Yes, I was exaggerating. But still, I think it's pretty safe to say that most people who go and rent this movie have seen at least couple of the previous ones and know what the movie series is about. And anyway, my point was that the fact that some viewers might not understand that one particular scene, was exteremely poor reason to cut it the way they did, because for my opinion, the scene made a lot more sense with the longer dialogue.

It's like I said to a friend of mine who was a total hellraiser newbie: If you want to watch Hellraiser, Hellseeker is no way to start! The first two are the real Hellraiser, the rest you can watch because of Doug Bradley
Old 08-19-2005, 05:11 AM
The Dork Knight

Quote:
Yes, I was exaggerating. But still, I think it's pretty safe to say that most people who go and rent this movie have seen at least couple of the previous ones and know what the movie series is about. And anyway, my point was that the fact that some viewers might not understand that one particular scene, was exteremely poor reason to cut it the way they did, because for my opinion, the scene made a lot more sense with the longer dialogue.

It's like I said to a friend of mine who was a total hellraiser newbie: If you want to watch Hellraiser, Hellseeker is no way to start! The first two are the real Hellraiser, the rest you can watch because of Doug Bradley

My bad, I completely forgot that the last few Hellraisers have been dvd releases and that anyone actually looking for it or who just decides to rent it on a trip to their video store most likely has seen a few others in the series.
Old 08-19-2005, 06:45 AM
Tenant

Quote:
Originally posted by novakru
Best badass line in a horror movie......
I'd say that line actually goes to Ash in Evil Dead 2:

"Groovy."
Old 08-19-2005, 08:14 AM
Evil Dead

On watching Inferno the first time, it seemed okay. A second viewing this year didn't quite yield the same result. The reason goes back to Hellraiser sequels after Hellbound. It doesn't seem to me like Clive Barker intended Pinhead and the Cenobites to necessarily be -evil-.

"We are demons to some, angels to others."

It was not until the third installment that the idea of good and evil crept in. Since then, it's been nothing but story after story of trying to close the box to send Pinhead back to where he came from because he is evil and will rule the world...except for Hellseeker, that is.

Quote:
For my opinion, Hellseeker is a load of crap...at least there's Ashley Laurence in Hellseeker, which I found interesting, although her part is not that big and the whole "reunion" scene with Pinhead is pretty silly.
The film revisits Pinhead's relationship with Ashley Laurence and just as he was keen on getting Frank back, he wanted Ashley's soul. Her husband was the ideal bate, who generally reminded me plenty of Frank's character. And as ever, Pinhead is there to provide the cutting and lucid realization of the truth.

Quote:
Originally posted by alkytrio666
Pinhead wasn't all that he was hyped up to be. He just pretty much stood there the whole movie and looked badass, but it was the other cenobites that did the killing. I don't know. i think he's kind of overrated.
From the very first Hellraiser, Pinhead wasn't originally set up to be a -main- character. He was to be merely one of the cenobites. But since the film viewers picked up on his charisma (ahem), they had to bring him to the fore. Now being the head Cenobite, he understandably does not do the actual slicing and dicing, but always...the best lines are his.

Quote:
Originally posted by crippler666
I have pointed out before Michael never died (Halloween 8 explained the decapatation scene).
Ahem. Halloween Resurrection was a load of crap, in my opinion. A desperate attempt to milk the shrunken cow for all it's worth. Absolutely the lamest conjured up story I've heard. Ever. I can only wonder what they have in store for Halloween 9...
Old 08-19-2005, 08:34 AM
Tenant

Quote:
Originally posted by no mulier
From the very first Hellraiser, Pinhead wasn't originally set up to be a -main- character. He was to be merely one of the cenobites. But since the film viewers picked up on his charisma (ahem), they had to bring him to the fore. Now being the head Cenobite, he understandably does not do the actual slicing and dicing, but always...the best lines are his.
Fair enough. Like I said, I've only seen the first, so I wouldn't know. Maybe I'll check a few more out.
Old 08-19-2005, 08:36 AM
Tenant

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis_Christ
I hate that store so fucking much.
As do I. It's such a goddamn ripoff. It's rediculous how many fine print scam bullshit rules they have. And have the DVDs I rent from there are scratched to shit. Not to mention you could buy most of the movies you rent there for a few dollars more.