Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Comics
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-15-2003, 11:17 AM
King of Klowns

Send a message via AIM to Killer Clown#1
Spawn

Hey does any body read spawn? It's my favorite comic book. I finally got the newest issue last night(129, good read). If you guys don't read Spawn I sugest you start it's one of the best comic books out there:)
Old 11-15-2003, 01:13 PM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
I have the first few issues. Actually I have the first few issues of every Image comic at this time cuz they just blowing up. Then the movie came out and the never-ending toyline and I just gave up on it. Image also began discontinuing all of my favorite comics from their line. Bastards.
Old 11-15-2003, 04:51 PM
King of Klowns

You should really get back into it.:)
Old 11-18-2003, 09:10 AM
Living Dead

Send a message via AIM to VenomX
I too used to read Spawn, but then in the late ninties he became one of the most overexposed characters around. Comparable to Wolverine even.
Old 11-18-2003, 11:47 AM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Quote:
Originally posted by VenomX
I too used to read Spawn, but then in the late ninties he became one of the most overexposed characters around. Comparable to Wolverine even.
No shit, there is a new game coming out called Spawn Armageddon and the trailer says featuring Todd Mcfarlane's Spawn after it says the title of the game. As if we didn't know. WTF?
Old 11-18-2003, 12:45 PM
King of Klowns

I have been planing on getting the game but does any body know if there are 2 diffirent games because in my x-box magizine they call it Spawn but on the website it's called spawn Armageddon:confused: I hope they are the same game, the pictures look similar to the ones I saw but I don't wan't to be fucked by buying the wrong game.
Old 11-19-2003, 02:47 AM
Post-Moderation

You guys ever see the Violator comics? Not the spawn ones he appeared in but his own series. Its only 3 comics long and i ran across them at a flee market once. Its by far the most violent comic ive ever read. Violator has to confront his 4 brothers and kicks some spawn ass aswell. Pretty good stuff.

Ya its a bummer spawn kinda fell off with the movie and such...
Old 11-19-2003, 05:43 AM
Hellraiser

I know I'll probably get shot or something of the sort for sayin this....but I liked the Spawn movie...and from what I hear, Im the only one. I heard they were planning a second one, idk. *waits for the verbal beat down* But yea i used to read the comics, I just stopped a lil bit after the movie came out.
Old 11-19-2003, 04:52 PM
Post-Moderation

Quote:
waits for the verbal beat down*
Lol, ya it was pretty bad. It wouldv'e kicked ass if it hadnt been rated PG-13:rolleyes: If they kept it true to the comics it wouldve been cool. John Ligwizamo(sp?) saved it.
Old 11-19-2003, 05:01 PM
King of Klowns

Quote:
Originally posted by Arioch
Lol, ya it was pretty bad. It wouldv'e kicked ass if it hadnt been rated PG-13:rolleyes: If they kept it true to the comics it wouldve been cool. John Ligwizamo(sp?) saved it.
I own the dvd and it's the r-rated directors cut. On the commentary they explain what they had to cut out to get a pg-13 rating.