Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies

Old 07-25-2012, 04:41 AM
Evil Dead

I actually slightly prefer ROTLD2 to the original though I love both. I liked how it was in a different setting than the first one which was almost always in one locale.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:09 AM
From The Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsaw Killer View Post
I actually slightly prefer ROTLD2 to the original though I love both. I liked how it was in a different setting than the first one which was almost always in one locale.
I agree but the reason is that I found what happens to the characters to be more macabre. I still adore the original which is certainly dark and has some very memorable scenes but the second just about beats it.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:17 PM
Evil Dead

I agree. And like I said I like how ROTLD2 took place in different setting from the original.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:22 PM
Misanthrope

Macabre characters? Don't really get that tbh. Maybe if you were talking about the third film because that's a lot darker than the previous films.

I did enjoy Part II but I wasn't a fan of how they veered the story into being basically a kid's flick.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:50 PM
Scares Little Kids

The only one I can think of is Scream 4 over the Scream series. Probably a minority in this opinion but I just though it was the funniest and scariest. Also would say it was the biggest shock ending.
Maybe it's because it's the only one I saw in the cinema, and that's why I enjoyed it more.
Old 07-28-2012, 07:52 AM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by donniedarko View Post
The only one I can think of is Scream 4 over the Scream series. Probably a minority in this opinion but I just though it was the funniest and scariest. Also would say it was the biggest shock ending.
Maybe it's because it's the only one I saw in the cinema, and that's why I enjoyed it more.
Couldn't disagree with you more. The original is a classic and started a new trend in horror. The 4th one was a joke, an insult to the original. It wasn't scary or funny and the ending wasn't shocking IMO, it was a lame twist more commonly seen in the Scream ripoffs then the actual Scream movies who knew enough to never go overboard with their reveals.

Old 07-28-2012, 10:15 AM
From The Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
Macabre characters? Don't really get that tbh. Maybe if you were talking about the third film because that's a lot darker than the previous films.

I did enjoy Part II but I wasn't a fan of how they veered the story into being basically a kid's flick.
Re-read my post I didn't say macabre characters-I said what happens to them is more macabre *sigh*
Old 07-28-2012, 08:34 PM
Evil Dead

The Devil's Rejects is another sequel I thought was better. House Of 1, 000 Corpses was good but TDR was a more refined and mature effort, IMO.
Old 07-29-2012, 12:09 AM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearonsarms View Post
Re-read my post I didn't say macabre characters-I said what happens to them is more macabre *sigh*
So you did. Skimmed it too quickly but I didn't find what happened to them to be very macabre either *sigh*
Old 07-29-2012, 06:11 AM
From The Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsaw Killer View Post
The Devil's Rejects is another sequel I thought was better. House Of 1, 000 Corpses was good but TDR was a more refined and mature effort, IMO.
I 100% agree I don't hate House of 1000 corpses but let's be honest it was a mess despite having some good moments. The Devil's Rejects built on the potential of the first film, broadened it's scope and was a more successful throwback to the grindhouse era.