Old 01-29-2009, 07:13 AM
Scares Little Kids

Send a message via Yahoo to FrightyMcgee
Artistic... Maybe

I made this during a time when I was inspired to create something from almost nothing. I used a lot of odd tools such as a torch lighter, soldering iron, super glue, red sharpie, screws from a computer, grease from a grill, a rough sidewalk, and some other things.

I still have not finished it as I want to add rivets on the sides and top and secure a leather strap to it. I'd also like to get it more yellow but not sure how to do that with white plastic. For now it guards the entrance to my bedroom.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:11 PM
Scares Little Kids

Looks pretty good, as for the yellow, assuming you used acrylics to paint it. I would do some very light washes of a dark mustard like yellow. You don't want to go with a bright yellow. I would also scuff up the red paint a bit more. Hope this helps
Old 01-29-2009, 06:17 PM
Scares Little Kids

Send a message via Yahoo to FrightyMcgee
Thanks for the advice.

I forgot to mention the red triangles were note cards I colored and cut out. Not sure the paper would stand up to scuffing. Then again they were soaked in superglue.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:01 AM
Scares Little Kids

I'd have to be scarred on holloween if some dude was wearing the first one :(
Old 02-08-2009, 07:37 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to milktoaste
The 'yellowing' you're trying for really should have been done first. If you had access to an airbrush you could probably mix your own acrylics to achieve the color you wanted. Otherwize, natural yellowing of plastics is usually caused by staining or atmospheric pollutants. Try rubbing in a red and/or yellow food coloring and wash it off as best as you can. Certain smokes can also cause a yellow 'stain', such as from a 1000 cigarettes or a leaf pile on fire. Or try soaking it in a bucket of piss.
"The physical body is acknowledged as dust, the personal drama as delusion. It is as if the world we perceive through our senses, that whole gorgeous and terrible pageant, were the breath-thin surface of a bubble, and everything else, inside and outside, is pure radiance. Both suffering and joy come then like a brief reflection, and death like a pin" Stephen Mitchell