Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-26-2003, 06:29 AM
Evil Dead

yeah

That's right, Avenger -- re: RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD.

I think it was explained in NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD as being the result of some sort of contamination brought back to Earth from a satellite that had been out towards Saturn for a while. Or something like that . . . .

J.N.
http://members.tripod.com/~NEWMANATOR/index.html
Old 10-26-2003, 06:35 AM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Re: yeah

Quote:
Originally posted by dmihatmttl
That's right, Avenger -- re: RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD.

I think it was explained in NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD as being the result of some sort of contamination brought back to Earth from a satellite that had been out towards Saturn for a while. Or something like that . . . .

J.N.
http://members.tripod.com/~NEWMANATOR/index.html
I thought the military cannister thing was in all three of the ROTLD's. As far as NOTLD, they hinted at the satellite probe but never gave a definite answer. I think that's why it works so well.
Old 10-26-2003, 11:39 AM
Evil Dead

Re: Re: yeah

Quote:
Originally posted by avenger00soul
I thought the military cannister thing was in all three of the ROTLD's. As far as NOTLD, they hinted at the satellite probe but never gave a definite answer. I think that's why it works so well.
I was just thinking since ROTLD is the sequel that the whole concept applyed to NOTLD.. if it is not the same then the whole thing doesnt make since.. I knew that 28 days later has been released in Europe for some time now.. But I just saw that Vera-Icon is not from there.

Fulci Lives!!!!
Old 10-26-2003, 11:46 AM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Re: Re: Re: yeah

Quote:
Originally posted by Ritualistic
I was just thinking since ROTLD is the sequel that the whole concept applyed to NOTLD.. if it is not the same then the whole thing doesnt make since.. I knew that 28 days later has been released in Europe for some time now.. But I just saw that Vera-Icon is not from there.
ROTLD is a very "unofficial" sequel. I don't even think we can call it a sequel. Did you see that piece of shit Children of the Living Dead? That was also an unofficial sequel to NOTLD. Romero had nothing to do with either of them so I think they are movies unto themselves. I do love the ROTLD series though but I think it's just another filmmaker's take altogether.
Old 10-26-2003, 11:57 AM
Evil Dead

Since we dont really know all about this .. check out Quizilla (everything from "what type of serial killer you are" - "what ROTLD character are you" )

Fulci Lives!!!!
Old 10-26-2003, 01:59 PM
Cryptkeeper

Quote:
Originally posted by Ritualistic
Since we dont really know all about this .. check out Quizilla (everything from "what type of serial killer you are" - "what ROTLD character are you" )
I'm zombie Freddy.:)
Old 10-26-2003, 02:25 PM
drsaraproctor

I didn't care much for the alternate ending either(all the really did was just take Jim out of the camera shots with them in the field-it was too easy)... I downloaded the movie months ago onto my comp.. then rented it last week because of the alternate ending... meh.
I did like the idea of the non-military storyboard ending that came on the dvd...
I did like the movie, but I saw the military's alterior motives for the women way before they ever actually happened.
Old 10-26-2003, 02:44 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by avenger00soul
I'm zombie Freddy.:)
I am the Half Corpse.. this site has some cool quizes

Fulci Lives!!!!
Old 10-26-2003, 07:25 PM
Hellraiser

Ritualistic, you are very observant... the DVD was released here in the states this past week, but in the UK it was released sometime around July... and my boyfriend brought it with him when he came back from England in August. That version only had one alternate ending.
The military thing with the canisters is from ROTLD not NOTLD. They didn't really explain anything in NOTLD, only speculated.
Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose a three-piece suite on hire purchase in a range of fucking fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrasment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life.
But why would I want to do a thing like that?
Old 10-26-2003, 09:59 PM
Evil Dead

I didn't like this movie. The endind was shit, and the alternate endings were hardly better. Maybe if I didn't hear so many good reviews about it I wouldn't be so damn disappointed. By the way...the first time I ever saw this movie was last night.