Old 01-20-2013, 03:32 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman

Snow On Tha Bluff

a mockumentary style film following around a couple of small time gangsters in the dangerous streets of urban atlanta. Extremely realistic, almost questioned if I was watching found footage for a bit. Highly entertaining, very well acted considering all were first time actors, and VERY convincing, definitely give this one a watch, one of the most entertaining flicks I've stumbled upon on Netflix in a long time, and one of the best Hood movies i've ever seen.

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 01-20-2013, 09:39 PM
For Vendetta

Thanks for the heads-up on Mama, Villain.

Despite honest efforts by the leads, the film doesn't impress. Main reason being a weak script and patchy direction, except for the final 30 minutes or so. Mildly entertaining with that last chase through the streets of Manila.

* * ½
Old 01-20-2013, 11:31 PM
From The Beyond

11-11-11 (2011) Not a bad little horror film for all it's minute scope, seemed very patchily delivered like the makers weren't really sure what they were doing. Not a waste of time but not one I'd revisit either.

The Keep (1983) Directed by Michael Mann, this supernatural horror aims for an almost dreamlike aura throughout and succeeds in that but lacks substance and bizarrely shies away from scenes (which shouldn't have been avoided) that could have lifted it's enjoyability much more. Good that it's something a bit different but I just didn't engage with this, there was nothing to draw the viewer in, it's too cold and ultimately hollow.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:49 AM
For Vendetta

Re-watched this earlier. I am still happy to recommend it, specially to fans of Alien and Event Horizon. Make it a double bill with Sunshine.

* * * ½
Old 01-21-2013, 09:25 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
Mama
This was excellent. The story was done really well without shoving it down your throat. It wasn't over saturated with countless scenes of research and they didn't stick to typical cliches. The scares were great and the atmosphere made it all the more creepy even during the non jump scenes part. Strongly recommend.

Mama is out?!! OH GULLY!!!
Old 01-21-2013, 08:05 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
Kevorkian
a documentary on the doctor of death. Guy really got a bad wrap, not a bad dude at all, in fact, a pretty damn good guy. good, informative watch.

Nekromatik
finally got around to seeing this one. Interesting film. Review

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 01-22-2013, 03:19 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Julia X (2011)

At the beginning it was quite interesting & fun but then the same thing just went on & on & on...till the end.

>>: C+

Silver Linings Playbook (2012)

The first half was quite good with some funny side characters but as a romantic drama/comedy it just falls bit flat, typical & predictable in the later parts. Perhaps I was expecting a lot from Jennifer Lawrence's character but didn't came out that much interesting as I though it'd be. But surely she & the rest of the cast delivered a good show overall.

>>: B
Old 01-22-2013, 12:02 PM
For Vendetta

I might need therapy now. What the hell did I just watch? :confused:
Old 01-22-2013, 12:20 PM
HDC's old chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post

I might need therapy now. What the hell did I just watch? :confused:
Of course, I had to go to Netflix to read what this is about. Here's one of the reviews:

'Massively pretentious' were the first two words that came to mind. That being said, if you are tired of watching films and wish to trance out to some rather innocuous music, you might find this just what your therapist ordered. The imagery certainly sent me into an altered state - which might mean that I hallucinated the ending.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:19 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Resident Evil: Retribution (2012)

Another pointless sequel! But slightly better & tolerable than the previous installment Afterlife.

>>: C

Die Vierte Macht aka The Fourth State (2012)

A quite average political-conspiracy thriller from Germany, with a good cast.

>>: B-

Tags
movie