Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-17-2006, 03:20 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally Posted by zwoti View Post
originally, there wasn't going to be any major male roles....it was only after the producers got nervous that they modified the script.
Ive heared that...still think he did a pretty passable job though.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:35 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
whatever. i still stand by my opinion. i think it tried to be scary and failed miserably. i was extremely bored throughout the whole thing. everyone i had went with thought it was stupid too, there were parts in the movie that had the people in the theater laughing out loud. its not an agurment. i stand by my opinion and you stand by yours.

Click for B-Movie reviews!

Last edited by The Mothman; 10-17-2006 at 03:38 PM.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:43 PM
Scares Little Kids

Send a message via AIM to Bob Payne
Haha, wow. Chill out. Seriously.
betray the creator? rebuild human nature? we'll deal with it later. just get this on paper: dearly beloved to the recent departed. if you run far enough, you're back where you started. embrace lust, misplace trust, disgrace us and murder us. we'll live like kings in the new dark age. still bound by the invisible cage of god's rage. baptise the offender. chastize the defender. discuss his surrender. executed at dawn.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:20 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mothman View Post
whatever. i still stand by my opinion. i think it tried to be scary and failed miserably. i was extremely bored throughout the whole thing. everyone i had went with thought it was stupid too, there were parts in the movie that had the people in the theater laughing out loud. its not an agurment. i stand by my opinion and you stand by yours.
Thats more like it.

You only called it stupid once:p
Old 10-17-2006, 09:05 PM
Evil Dead

The way I saw it :

The town has three "dimensions" :

- Earth, where it is just an abandonned town and where the husband goes

- Purgatory (or Limbo), where the souls of those who commited hideous acts (the cultists) are stuck. This is the dreamy version of the town where the mother and the cop first appear and where those who have not escaped the fire and died roam.

- Hell, which is the reality plagued by monsters and controlled by Alessa (if I remeber her name correctly). Hell sometimes reaches over Limbo (when the sirens go off), but the cultists prevent Alessa from really taking over.

Alessa has sent her good part away and called her back so she can use the mother to get to the cultists. After their deaths, she takes over and is no longer bound to the city.

Just my two cents...
Old 10-18-2006, 08:25 AM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

I don't watch films that come from video games, but comparing it to The Crucible has piqued my interest.

Might catch it on HBO or something.

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 10-18-2006, 08:30 AM
Fear scented candle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderick Usher View Post
I don't watch films that come from video games, but comparing it to The Crucible has piqued my interest.

Might catch it on HBO or something.
Typically i would say that is a gooid idea, especially where UWe Boll is concerned, but Silent Hill was pretty good. Even if it had NOTHING else, the atmosphere of the movie was brilliant. The falling ash, the general greyness, you cant see more than a few hundred feet... Absolutely Beautiful. I enjoyed the monsters (although the CGI was pretty aparent, it seemed to fit, oddly enough)

Pyramid Head was intimidating as hell. knowing nothing about the games, he was just this massive creature, plodding and relentless. very well done i thought.

I actually have as tory i have been owrkingon for some time now based on the imagery from the Silent Hill 4 game trailers... if nothing else, they have the look and feel down to an artform.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:39 AM
Banned

i never played or saw the game but i loved the movie (maybe that was more of a help than a hinderance)

it sure looked to me like someone took the trouble to make a movie that would stand up on its own - instead of a cheap extension of some game.

that would piss the fans of the game off i guess but it sure is a good thing for someone who loves an atmospheric, visually stunning horror flick.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:57 AM
Fear scented candle

Quote:
Originally Posted by urgeok View Post
i never played or saw the game but i loved the movie (maybe that was more of a help than a hinderance)

it sure looked to me like someone took the trouble to make a movie that would stand up on its own - instead of a cheap extension of some game.

that would piss the fans of the game off i guess but it sure is a good thing for someone who loves an atmospheric, visually stunning horror flick.
Exactly. they did something right... Especially the "Tell all" scene, which are often cheesy flashbacks.. making it look like a grainy old film really set the tone for the whole scene.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:22 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to PhilnEdee
I don't know if it was just the actress playing the mom or not, but some of her dialogue was just out of place in the scheme of things. I don't know if she didn't deliver it correctly or what.[/QUOTE]

Amen-it was her delivery...she did the same in Pitch Black...:(