Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-28-2013, 04:23 AM
Scares Little Kids

Conjuring horror movies?

Hey Hey,

Can anyone suggest any good movies about conjuring/evoking spirits? I'm in a bit of a phase and experimenting with magic at the moment hehe :P

Would love ones that are "Based on a true story"

Old 06-11-2013, 02:29 PM
Scares Little Kids

Here are some I can think of (I like movies like that too :P)

The Craft: Four teenage girls start using witchcraft to get what they want, but when they start abusing their powers their actions have bad consequences. Also one of the girls does a spell called "Invoking the Spirit" where she summons an ancient deity into her body and it starts making her go mad with power.

The Skeleton Key: A young hospice nurse moves into an old plantation in New Orleans to help take care of an elderly man who's had a stroke and is being cared for by his wife. While living in the plantation she learns about the dark history of the house, how two black servants who were both conjurers of hoodoo were murdered by their master and how some people believe that their ghosts still haunt the plantation. Also she starts learning more about the local practice of hoodoo and how it is all connected to the strange stuff going on with her patient and his strange wife.

The Serpent and the Rainbow: It's been a long time since I've seen this one so I don't remember what it's about exactly, but I remember that it was set in Haiti and was about voodoo and how sorcerers use it to bring the dead back to life and make them their slaves.

Sleepy Hollow: This movie features witches using witchcraft: some being evil and some being good. One of the evil witches is responsible for using her powers to bring the headless horseman back to life to do her bidding, and another bad witch does a weird ritual to summon a demon inside her body.

The Covenant: I didn't really like this movie, but you might. It's about a group of teenage boys who are warlocks and have powers, and one of the boys is evil and comes back to get revenge on them. There's also summoning of evil spirits and stuff like that involved too.

Last edited by Zombie369; 06-11-2013 at 02:40 PM.