Old 03-30-2012, 03:33 PM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
I guess i'm the only one who really dug homecoming?? :(

I don't really have anything negative to say about it, except that the blackouts might've been a cheap way to switch between sceneries. But i appreciated all the different settings so i didn't mind that much.
It just... isn't Silent Hill to me. They removed a lot of signature things that made it Silent Hill and when it gets to that point it's like... why bother?
Old 03-30-2012, 06:09 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slutty View Post
It just... isn't Silent Hill to me. They removed a lot of signature things that made it Silent Hill and when it gets to that point it's like... why bother?
Why bother??

It still has the well known atmosphere.

The big difference is the thing i like about the new game and you liked about the old ones. The combat system/gameplay.

To each his own.
Old 03-30-2012, 06:33 PM
That fucking Guy...

Angra - Is homecoming the one about the guy who heads into SH, and there seems to be a male child he's looking for?
Uh, some kind've military guy in a bodybag?
There's a girl he used to know working...like as a mayor or something?

I played it briefly if so.
I thought it was a great looking game...though I haven't been a HUGE fan of the franchise, this one seemed pretty much unrelated so I thought I'd give it a go.
Nothing wrong with it, I liked it. Just one of the many games I've put aside to play other shit.

Downpour looks brilliant though.

I guess I'm asking the right people on this with you two - have you ever looked at the Siren/Forbidden Siren series?
Always thought they looked quite cool.

Another one you might want to take a look at if you like atmospheric titles, and if you don't mind stepping back to last gen, there was one called "Echo Night - Beyond".
Might've mentioned it before but yeah...very strange game. You walk around a scene of a tragedy of sorts, the whole game is viewed through a space helmet type thing, you hear your own breathing as you become more panicked. I'd check it out if you like weird/ghost titles.
Nothing too gory, though it IS scary.
Old 03-31-2012, 02:27 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
Angra - Is homecoming the one about the guy who heads into SH, and there seems to be a male child he's looking for?
Uh, some kind've military guy in a bodybag?
There's a girl he used to know working...like as a mayor or something?

I played it briefly if so.
I thought it was a great looking game...though I haven't been a HUGE fan of the franchise, this one seemed pretty much unrelated so I thought I'd give it a go.
Nothing wrong with it, I liked it. Just one of the many games I've put aside to play other shit.

Downpour looks brilliant though.

I guess I'm asking the right people on this with you two - have you ever looked at the Siren/Forbidden Siren series?
Always thought they looked quite cool.

Another one you might want to take a look at if you like atmospheric titles, and if you don't mind stepping back to last gen, there was one called "Echo Night - Beyond".
Might've mentioned it before but yeah...very strange game. You walk around a scene of a tragedy of sorts, the whole game is viewed through a space helmet type thing, you hear your own breathing as you become more panicked. I'd check it out if you like weird/ghost titles.
Nothing too gory, though it IS scary.

Yes, that describtion sounds like Homecoming. I also liked the "Hostel" influences later on in the game. A nice blend of Silent Hill and Hostel.

I've tried all 3 of "Sirens" and i'll definitely recomend the newest downloadable version. Why? Because the graphics is much better and you can actually FIGHT againt the crazies and not just run away and find a place to hide. Also you play different characters which makes a nice change in sceneries.
I really hate those kind of games where you have to run away from the action like such games as "Haunting Ground", "Amnesia", and the first two "Sirens". But they ARE quite creepy with lots of atmosphere. :)

And yes, i'm all about creepy atmospehre, so thanks for the rec. Never heard of "Echo Night". I'll look for that one.
Old 03-31-2012, 04:48 AM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
Yes, that describtion sounds like Homecoming. I also liked the "Hostel" influences later on in the game. A nice blend of Silent Hill and Hostel.

I've tried all 3 of "Sirens" and i'll definitely recomend the newest downloadable version. Why? Because the graphics is much better and you can actually FIGHT againt the crazies and not just run away and find a place to hide. Also you play different characters which makes a nice change in sceneries.
I really hate those kind of games where you have to run away from the action like such games as "Haunting Ground", "Amnesia", and the first two "Sirens". But they ARE quite creepy with lots of atmosphere. :)

And yes, i'm all about creepy atmospehre, so thanks for the rec. Never heard of "Echo Night". I'll look for that one.
If you are an atmosphere guy, I figured 2 would be your bread and butter. Another thing I didn't like about Homecoming was rehashing of specific monsters that had no place in the game at all. They seem to have dropped all the symbolic nature of the monsters in the new ones, especially Downpour. Then give a half assed explanation as to why Pyramid Head is in Homecoming which made no sense. Likewise for nurses. Although the monsters in Homecoming are gold compared to Downpour. If you have not played it yet, get ready for some laaaaaame enemies.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:18 AM
Zombie Of All Zombies

I would be playing resident evil revelations, but that's kinda hard to do with a mangled thumb, so I am playing the board game ZOMBIES!!! 4... The End. Fine game, it is.
Old 04-01-2012, 02:36 PM
Evil is Better

Still playing Skyrim. Don't think i'll ever be done. There's a lot of other games i want to play though like Saints Row The Third and Dead Island. I want to play Red Dead Redemption again. Gonna have to make time for those. This game is just so addicting.

Old 04-01-2012, 05:45 PM
HDC Resident Serial Killa

Send a message via Yahoo to Freak
Working my way through Silent Hill: Downpour. And so far I really like it.The controls are still a little clunky but they have made some improvements.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:59 AM
Immortal horror fan

I was going to get the Silent Hill HD Collection however that title turned out to be a disaster. Now I'm going to pick up the originals.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:40 PM
Evil Puppy

Stretch Panic for the PS2

I just started it really quickly and I have no idea what's going on...

I went into a room with women walking around who had TREMENDOUS breasts that I proceeded to grab with a ghost-like hand coming from my back and then stretch out until this... meter thing... began to glow red. Then I let go of the R1 button and shot into the woman and she... flew into the air like a helicopter and I think I was supposed to grab her again and drag her down? I don't know, I have to try it some more, figure it out lol.