Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-12-2004, 06:56 AM
Evil Dead

It was a clever movie, and because it was so original, I rather like it.

Though, it was not the first to do the documentary style movie to make it look real.
Old 10-12-2004, 09:41 AM
Fear scented candle

I thought it was well done, but the night before it opened in theaters, i saw an interview on fox with Heather and Josh, so that kind of spoiled it.

I found a lot of people loved it, but then they found out it was *gasp* just a fucking movie, and got pissed off. my assumption is that they got pissy that they were duped.l The movie didnt "suck", it was cheap. And it worked. if you figured out it was not real before the evidence was handed to you, bravo, you get a cookie.

the fact is, it was original, and i find it odd that so many people who just "want a little originality in movies" hate this one so much.
Old 10-12-2004, 09:52 AM
Fool's follow

Send a message via Yahoo to feral cat
Quote:
Originally posted by zwoti
blair witch - crap
... It took crap to a whole new level...

It’s a home video and some one moving sticks around in the woods...

ispitonyourmovie.com

REVIEWS

isoymAsia

Forum
Old 10-12-2004, 09:52 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by Vodstok
I thought it was well done, but the night before it opened in theaters, i saw an interview on fox with Heather and Josh, so that kind of spoiled it.

I found a lot of people loved it, but then they found out it was *gasp* just a fucking movie, and got pissed off. my assumption is that they got pissy that they were duped.l The movie didnt "suck", it was cheap. And it worked. if you figured out it was not real before the evidence was handed to you, bravo, you get a cookie.

the fact is, it was original, and i find it odd that so many people who just "want a little originality in movies" hate this one so much.
You just earned some cool points.
That was well said.
Old 10-12-2004, 09:57 AM
Fear scented candle

Thank you :)

I usually like to have reasons to hate something,not just say it is shit outright.

Dont get me started on why Dungeons and Dragins is a bad movie.......:mad:
Old 10-12-2004, 10:03 AM
Fool's follow

Send a message via Yahoo to feral cat
Just because something is original it does not automatically mean good …
A seven wheeled car would be original, but I wouldn’t buy one!

ispitonyourmovie.com

REVIEWS

isoymAsia

Forum
Old 10-12-2004, 10:18 AM
Super Moderator

original marketing - yes
the manner in which it was filmed - original (though similar to some other films)

but the movie did nothing for me, maybe i've seen too many horror films.....
Old 10-12-2004, 10:49 AM
King of the Long Post

Send a message via AIM to Stingy Jack
I went to this film knowing it was fake, basically because I read every article about it before it came out. Even so, the film seemed real, which did a lot for helping me suspend my disbelief enough to enjoy it.

I, too, do not understand the people who hated this film. I just don't get it. Well, that's not true... I can understand certain people hating this movie: people who want to be shown everything because their imaginations are shot to hell, and people who need constant eye candy because they don't have either the intelligence or the attention span to follow the story.

I have written so much on this site in defense of The Blair Witch Project, but there are still people who say it was nothing but people moving sticks and rocks in the woods. It was MORE than that. Take some ritilin, and watch it again.
GOOD LORD DELIVER TO US!
Old Scotch Invocation
-- adapted by Stingy Jack

Stingy's Horror DVD Collection
Old 10-12-2004, 12:27 PM
Banned

Hats off to Stingy Jack.

The film is a fantastic experience, though it must be watched under the right conditions - i.e. alone if possible, in the dark, with the volume up and absolutely no interruptions. Then it seeps into you, and by the last 10 minutes if you are not on the edge of your seat compelled about how on earth it will all end you may as well give up on horror - and indeed FILMS - altogether.

It's not a true original - the basic premise is likely copied from CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST - but a superbly executed `mockumentary` that stands head and shoulders above the likes of THE SIXTH SENSE and THE OTHERS (both good, scary modern films, but always just that in the viewer's mind - `films`) for immersible, believable tension and suspense.

The `is it real?` selling point probably fooled more typical folk than we would expect - it's not the producers' fault if their marketing campaign was as equally brilliant as their unique film.
Old 10-13-2004, 04:57 AM
Run, you fools!!!

Yeah dont get me wrong. I really liked the film. Scared the shit outta me.

But come on for god sake. Yeah in real life if some teenagers go missing in some fuckin inbred cannibal corner of the world, whats the first thing the authorities would do??

Oh yeah.....sell their tapes to multiplex cinemas around the world.

Takes the word gullable to a whole new level.

Oh yeah....seen BW2 ?? Bullchips aint it??

Px

“I could catch a monkey. If I was starving I could. I’d make poison darts out of the poison of the deadly frogs. One milligram of that poison can kill a monkey. Or a man. Prick yourself and you’d be dead within a day. Or longer. Different frogs, different times.” - Gareth from The Office

“Life is just a series of peaks and troughs. And you don’t know whether you’re in a trough until you’re climbing out, or on a peak until you’re coming down. And that’s it you know, you never know what’s round the corner. But it’s all good. ‘If you want the rainbow, you’ve gotta put up with the rain.’ Do you know which philosopher said that? Dolly Parton. And people say she’s just a big pair of tits.” - David Brent