Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Music
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-03-2010, 04:16 AM
Foxhole Atheist

Sonisphere UK 2010

I was away at Knebworth this weekend having a very enjoyable time at the Sonisphere festival, 3 days of face melting guitar riffs!

Here's a bit of a rundown of some of the bigger bands I spent time with.

Europe: cheesy 80s cock rock but they were alright to watch whilst having a drink.

Gary Numan: very good live, turned out some great tracks and was a big surprise at the quality of the music, vocals a bit weak at times but, as a NIN fan, could easily see the influence he's had over their music.

Alice Cooper: pretty shit if Im honest, lasted about thirty minutes before wandering off to one of the smaller stages. Stage show was almost as dated as his music. Retire Alice, please!

Lacuna Coil: Only had a half hour set but it was a good performance, lots of energy and a very pretty Cristina Scabbia. Would see them again.

Fear Factory: Brilliant set ending with the fantastic 'Replica', forty minutes of heavy guitars and guttural vocals. Emerged from the mosh pit, a little bruised and battered, yet grinning like a lunatic. Great stuff!

Apocalyptica: Yet again proving what can be done with 3 cellos and nutter of a drummer, a big surprise for alot of festival goers I think.

Placebo: Ive never really been a fan but they were very good live, a pleasant surprise for me.

Rammstein: Quite simply the best band on the planet, their first outdoors gig in the UK and part of their monstrous world tour (which i saw in manchester back in february). Great set list, great pyrotechnics and overall great show. The mosh pit was absolutely banging for over an hour and a half, loved it.

Skindred: good live act, not overly sure of the music but would happily see them again.

Slayer: Very good, some heavy & fast guitars and great vocals, shame they only had forty minutes to mash the place up! I was impressed and would defo see them again.

Pendulum: Excellent live band, great energy and good crowd interaction. The songs all got a bit samey so they need to expand their set list some.

Iron Maiden: Played mostly from their most recent albums (which Im not that familiar with) but they were, as expected, excellent. Highlight track for me was 'These colours don't run'. Bruce was happy to chat along to the crowd between tunes and, if you're seeing them on their Final Frontier tour, I promise you will not be disappointed.

Battle Royalty, 2009
@Wolf_Scousemac
Old 08-03-2010, 04:59 PM
so bad they call her boss

Send a message via AIM to X¤MurderDoll¤X
gary numan forever

Old 08-03-2010, 09:09 PM
Evil Dead

Sounds like it was a great show. I'll be catching the Maiden "Final Frontier" tour later this year.
Stoked about it. I don't know who they have opening, but I'm sure it will be a good show.
Old 08-05-2010, 03:29 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
Dream Theater is opening for Maiden for most of this tour. Was gonna see em in jersey for the second time but realized the venue was all stadium seating (who sits down for Iron Maiden?) so i didnt go, super bummed.

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 08-05-2010, 11:57 PM
Foxhole Atheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mothman View Post
Dream Theater is opening for Maiden for most of this tour. Was gonna see em in jersey for the second time but realized the venue was all stadium seating (who sits down for Iron Maiden?) so i didnt go, super bummed.

Couldn't you have just stood anyway? Sounds like you're regretting it anyway!

I think there were about 55,000 watching Maiden when I saw them, standing room only. There were a few who had brought their own camping chairs but they were relegated to the very distant back. Im all for getting stuck in if you're going to go to a gig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
gary numan forever
He was quality live, certainly would see him again. You been to any of his gigs?

Battle Royalty, 2009
@Wolf_Scousemac
Old 08-06-2010, 12:52 AM
so bad they call her boss

Send a message via AIM to X¤MurderDoll¤X
Quote:
Originally Posted by scouse mac View Post

He was quality live, certainly would see him again. You been to any of his gigs?
I saw him years ago in montreal, I desperately wanted to go see him in australia last year but it didn't work out. he's probably the coolest person I've ever met in the music industry.