Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-05-2007, 05:32 AM
Evil Dead

The Darkness

Just started playing this on PS3. Looks & plays a bit like Max Payne but with horror elements in the game. Only been playing for an hour or so but really impressed so far.
Do you know who i am? I'm the ANTICHRIST. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood, tell the ANGELS in Heaven you never saw EVIL so singularly personified than in the face of the man who KILLED you........

I ask you again Captain, where will you go?
You can destroy my specimens but what about the millions that wait to greet you outside?
Do you really think you can blow the piss out of them?
All of them?
Old 07-06-2007, 05:06 AM
Evil Dead

If you like it, you should check out the comic (no, not the promotional one they've been releasing around the game) that came out about 10 years ago, upon which it's largely based.
I remember it being pretty good - should be able to find lots of back issues in dc++ and/or soulseek.
The game looks ok...very fluid, just not really my type of game personally, I prefer that kinda stuff on pc, and by the look of it, it'll be a while before I can run something like that.

Good call on the ps3 though, damn finest system out right now.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:33 AM
Evil Dead

Yeah i was thinking of checking out the comic. You can unlock the comics in the game by various acheivements which i've done but when you view them theres no zoom facility so you can't read the dialogue , pretty pointless really......
Do you know who i am? I'm the ANTICHRIST. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood, tell the ANGELS in Heaven you never saw EVIL so singularly personified than in the face of the man who KILLED you........

You can destroy my specimens but what about the millions that wait to greet you outside?
All of them?
Old 07-06-2007, 10:08 AM
Banned

Just started to play this one myself. Have it for the 360. So far its pretty good.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:31 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
Just started to play this one myself. Have it for the 360. So far its pretty good.
Apart from its on the 360! Muaah! let the flame wars commence!

All of them?
Old 07-06-2007, 02:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor satan View Post
Apart from its on the 360! Muaah! let the flame wars commence!
No flaming from me....i'm not a fanboy of any system. I have pretty much all of them except for the PS3.
Old 07-07-2007, 10:01 AM
Evil Puppy

I can't wait to pick this one up, for the 360 of course. ;)
Not because I'm a fanboy... I just read reviews.

"The PlayStation 3 version is virtually identical to the 360, other than the occasional aliasing issues and sporadic slowdown."
Old 08-05-2007, 11:03 AM
Evil Dead

really enjoyed this game but don t know if any one else agrees but this game was a bit of a disapointment, woefully short, crap end game sequence, crap online gaming as well..... might just be the fact theres not a lot out on the PS3 at the moment.

All of them?
Old 08-05-2007, 12:16 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor satan View Post
really enjoyed this game but don t know if any one else agrees but this game was a bit of a disapointment, woefully short, crap end game sequence, crap online gaming as well..... might just be the fact theres not a lot out on the PS3 at the moment.
For me it just fell short of my expectations, I was expecting something on par with Butcher Bay and was let down.