Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > New Member Lounge
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-30-2009, 02:30 PM
Evil Dead

New here

Hope I dont fuck it up.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:14 PM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
You won't. As long as you do not make sallacious comments toward our lovely, dignified and right proper young ladies, you do not call people "gay" or "retarded", even if they dig sodomy or have big heads and t-rex arms. Try to use full sentences whenever possible. "B00g3man sux" for example is not the way to go. Instead "Boogeyman sucks, as it is retarded." would be the way to go. Taking photos of your penis is a no-no. Even if an older member posts a thread called "photos of your penis",don't post there. Or bring it to V's attention. Either this thread will be nipped in the bud or we will get to see V's penis. Which will doubtless cause our dignified and right proper young ladies to faint, whether at the sudden out of character inappropriateness or in awe at the proud lingam that keeps HDC standing tall. But most likely this thread will not exist, as our members have more respect and have some discipline regarding their...well, members. Try to avoid ad hominem attacks. An example of such an attack would be "You like Boogeyman? You're a fucking gaytard." The proper way to phrase this argument is "Liking Boogeyman is the sort of thing a fucking gaytard would do." or "I did not care much for Boogeyman." Umm...the latter might be safer. Be courteous, be cool and be decent enough for our standards of decency* and you'll be okay. And try to talk about horror sometimes. We dig that.

*standards of decency subject to change without any good reason
Old 03-30-2009, 04:24 PM
Evil Dead

Sounds cool

Other than the no photos of my penis.:mad: damn you
Old 03-30-2009, 04:53 PM
Foxhole Atheist

Battle Royalty, 2009
@Wolf_Scousemac
Old 03-30-2009, 04:55 PM
Foxhole Atheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Faustus View Post
You won't. As long as you do not make sallacious comments toward our lovely, dignified and right proper young ladies, you do not call people "gay" or "retarded", even if they dig sodomy or have big heads and t-rex arms. Try to use full sentences whenever possible. "B00g3man sux" for example is not the way to go. Instead "Boogeyman sucks, as it is retarded." would be the way to go. Taking photos of your penis is a no-no. Even if an older member posts a thread called "photos of your penis",don't post there. Or bring it to V's attention. Either this thread will be nipped in the bud or we will get to see V's penis. Which will doubtless cause our dignified and right proper young ladies to faint, whether at the sudden out of character inappropriateness or in awe at the proud lingam that keeps HDC standing tall. But most likely this thread will not exist, as our members have more respect and have some discipline regarding their...well, members. Try to avoid ad hominem attacks. An example of such an attack would be "You like Boogeyman? You're a fucking gaytard." The proper way to phrase this argument is "Liking Boogeyman is the sort of thing a fucking gaytard would do." or "I did not care much for Boogeyman." Umm...the latter might be safer. Be courteous, be cool and be decent enough for our standards of decency* and you'll be okay. And try to talk about horror sometimes. We dig that.

You feeling OK Doc?

Battle Royalty, 2009
@Wolf_Scousemac
Old 03-30-2009, 05:21 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Faustus View Post

LMAO

I seriously laughed aloud whilst reading this (or, rather, I twittered as a dignified and right proper young lady does) and read it aloud to my boyfriend.

Let's run away and start own own zine.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 03-30-2009, 05:38 PM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
Sounds like a plan. You get the crayons, I'll get a stapler.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:09 PM
For Vendetta

LOL! (Ahem...Doc!)

Welcome to HDC. Enjoy yourself and stay out of trouble.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:03 PM
Cranky

Doc is a genius.

You've learned that now.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 03-31-2009, 07:37 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
That needs to be under a stickied thread. Or at least be put in the How not to be an Asshat thread (which needs to be stickied here).

The Ferrets like it...