Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-10-2009, 09:29 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Happy 20K, V!

Hope we'll continue to congrats you here on your 50k...100K...and more on....:)
Old 10-10-2009, 11:41 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
Happy 20K, V!

Hope we'll continue to congrats you here on your 50k...100K...and more on....:)
Ditto! Just quit your real life and stay here forever V!:p I am jking of course congrats man!:)
Old 08-30-2010, 10:34 AM
For Vendetta

Contemplation can be a wonderful thing.

When you have time to sit down and think over a lot of things which are happening around you and look for reasons why, a calm mind finally zeroes in on the answers.

And once the pieces start to fall in, you realise. Sometimes that realisation hits you hard.

It was one of those moments about 10-11 minutes ago. And instead of making a new thread for it, I just decided to bump this old thread - the best way I have of connecting with my online family here.

I have turned my badge in.

Thanks to all who voted for me during the elections, and an even bigger thanks to all the other Mods who trained and supported me through all these times since then. It wasn't exactly fun while it lasted ("endurable" would be a better choice of word for it), and I have no regrets.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:41 AM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
Are you leaving or just not moderating anymore.

You leave and you die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real
Old 08-30-2010, 11:50 AM
No redeeming qualities

I hope that only means that V had relinquished his moderating responsibilities, and intends to continue to frequent the boards as a valuable and knowledgeable contributor.

However, if he is relinquishing his responsibilities due to the frustration of moderating an increasingly hostile board, he has only himself and the other moderation staff to blame. For too long, a kangaroo court has taken it upon themselves to vet and chastise new members, driving away potential assets to the forum. The moderation staff could have prevented this at any time, but chose not to, letting a handful of people make the determination of who would and who would not be accepted into the community.

Enough is enough.

I joined this board to discuss the horror genre, not to get involved in a juvenile popularity contest. And I'm not going anywhere. If the moderators don't step up and do their jobs, I expect there to be more animosity until the kangaroo court is disbanded.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:57 AM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuglystick View Post

Enough is enough.

I joined this board to discuss the horror genre, not to get involved in a juvenile popularity contest. And I'm not going anywhere. If the moderators don't step up and do their jobs, I expect there to be more animosity until the kangaroo court is disbanded.

Then go to the horror film section and talk about it. It's beneath the general column on the main index if you don't know. Plenty of people ignore general and only talk in the movies/games/books/art sections. Don't talk bs about our mods here, this is V's thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real
Old 08-30-2010, 12:02 PM
HDC Resident Cynic

Any board on the web is gonna have Vets and n00bs. It's just the way it is. People will disagree and debate. Isn't that what makes it fun?
Old 08-30-2010, 02:28 PM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Maybe he just doesn't have the time to fulfill his responsibilities? He has a real life.

The Ferrets like it...
Old 08-30-2010, 07:49 PM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
Regardless of what you do and how you choose to interact with the folks on this board, your remain my friend, V. Thanks for all you've done. Whatever happens, let's keep up a spirit of openness, civility, curiosity and fun and promote justice over antagonism and tolerance over douchery.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:52 PM
so bad they call her boss

Send a message via AIM to X¤MurderDoll¤X
I'm really curious about what fuglystick is talking about. I would like to know exactly the problems he sees with the forum and how he would change it...

anyway V, I love ya. if you're quitting moderating that is fine with me, I thought you did a great job. if you need a break from this place, most of us will be here waiting for you when you return.

<3