Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > TV Shows
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-07-2004, 08:58 PM
Living Dead

If Angel And Buffy are considered horror--

Then I feel safe posting this.

Anyways, I'm not sure how many Family Guy fans are here, but WOOT, they're bringing it back from the dead. Yay-yay-yay-yaaayy-yay.

Family Guy OWNS YOU!

Heehee, I feel like happy little schoolgirl on crack.

'Cause that'd be *swell!*
Old 04-07-2004, 09:06 PM
Post-Moderation

There arent very many shows that family guy DOESN'T own.
Old 04-07-2004, 09:53 PM
Banned

uh...Buffy and Angel are a lot more horror than Family Guy, I don't get the comparison
Old 04-12-2004, 02:29 PM
Living Dead

A bit of sarcasm leading on to my dislike of Buffy and Angel. I think they are stupid supremo. Sorry if it didn't tickle your humour bumps like it did mine. Just because it deals with the whole supernatural gig doesn't make it horror, and I hardly find it scary. At all, in the least, whatsoever. It drama is gaggy, too.

Yeah, I expect to be attacked by wild fangirls/boys any moment after I post this. I'll just get my holy water ready.

Old 04-13-2004, 01:21 AM
Post-Moderation

Quote:
A bit of sarcasm leading on to my dislike of Buffy and Angel. I think they are stupid supremo. Sorry if it didn't tickle your humour bumps like it did mine. Just because it deals with the whole supernatural gig doesn't make it horror, and I hardly find it scary. At all, in the least, whatsoever. It drama is gaggy, too.

Yeah, I expect to be attacked by wild fangirls/boys any moment after I post this. I'll just get my holy water ready.
Agreed. And no need to turn this into a flame war or anything, but it reallly doesnt do any justice to vampires or anything else it deals with. Its like 7th heaven about vampires, it really hurts the subject matter and Horror in general.

But many people on this board like it, i guess it appeals to those age groups:rolleyes: Hey so does American Idol tho so what do I know...
Old 04-13-2004, 04:53 PM
Banned

I've seen 7th Heaven, it's totally different
Old 04-13-2004, 06:06 PM
Living Dead

I wouldn't say Buffy and Angel are horror, but to suggest they are hurting the subject matter is ridiculous.
Spike: I mean, honestly, what kind of retard wears heels like that in a dark alley? Take two steps, break your bloody ankle.
Alley Chick: I was just trying to get home.
Spike: Take a cab, you moron. And on the way, if a stranger offers you candy, don’t get in the van! Stupid cow.
Old 04-13-2004, 06:09 PM
Banned

agreed. Maybe, MAYBE, if they were widely considered horror, but I don't think anybody really consideres them horror
Old 04-17-2004, 11:18 AM
Living Dead

Yeah, but the majority of the viewing fanbase that I knew did consider it horror. Since they considered me a "scary gothy girl" (in pink that giggled alot? I don't get it) they assumed I absolutely LOVED Buffy and yadda yadda and would come up to me and say, "Oh did you see that? Wasn't it scary?" And then I'd blink and not know what in the world they were talking. I don't think it's "hurting" the genre persay, but it is an insult. And an insult to supernatural folklore. It was primetime teenfest drama with an "unusual" basis, considering most of them are focused on a group of kids in highschool and their "problems".

It was on the WB for God's sakes. How horror is that?

Hey, I like American Idol! :p Simon is the greatest!

Old 04-18-2004, 01:59 AM
Post-Moderation

Alright, ill retract my statement that its hurting the genre of HORROR, but what i ment more specifically, is it definitly puts a teen spin on Vampires or things of that nature. I mean for christ sake, the goddamn Buffy MOVIE was more serious than the show is. And thats pretty out there, i mean its one thing to be comedic about the subject matter of Vampires, ie. Buffy, The Lost Boys, etc., but its quite another to blatently market it right down to teenage girls now isn't it.

Hey im not saying its bad or wrong, im just saying I dont get into it. And from a horror standpoint, dont see how anyone can take it seriously.