Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-02-2010, 04:06 AM
Foxhole Atheist

Das Boot (extended version)

Its tense and claustrophobic, got some great performances (esp. Jurgen Prochnow as the captain) and looks great. Some of the cat and mouse scenes between the U-Boat and the destroyers of the British Navy hunting it are fantastic, the sound of the radar bouncing of the hull as the crew waits silently is especially memorable. Definitely a must see war film.

Battle Royalty, 2009
@Wolf_Scousemac
Old 03-02-2010, 09:45 AM
For Vendetta

What an absolute hoot! I love this film. :D
Old 03-02-2010, 10:07 AM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disease View Post
I got it from my local video store, I think it said uncut or directors cut,but yes it was an Australian release. I returned it this morning, it's dollar day!!!! wooo hooo!!!!! What version should I see?
The R1 or the old Thorn/EMI tape (its weird they didn't cut that release during the video nasty heyday but cut the DVD).

Fuck yeh dollar days rule. There's a shop over here that does that 7 days a week :cool:
Old 03-02-2010, 02:32 PM
No, fuck YOU

"The hurt locker" 6-7/10

Wasn't blown away by it.

And I can easily understand if Jeremy Renner doesn't win an Oscar even tho he played the role well. he just didn't do anything extraordinary, imo.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:32 PM
mostly ghostly?

Sedmikrásky (Daisies) (1966)

A remarkable madcap adventure viewed through a kaleidoscope . Two young women decide that because the world is a mess, then they ought to make a mess themselves. The ensuing hijinks play out in a chaotic whirlpool of bright colors, playful camera work, and bizarre editing techniques. The end result is a weird, wonderful feminist film-poem that is a true time capsule for the mid-60s.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:11 PM
For Vendetta

Old 03-02-2010, 09:21 PM
That fucking Guy...

Shutter Island.
Great atmosphere, nice performances all around, not a bad storyline.
Though even while I found it creative enough, at this point I'd really like to see a horror/mystery/sci-fi movie, like...ever again...that didn't use the cookie cutter "surprise/twist" ending that they all seem to these days.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:17 AM
Cranky

Halloween 2

It was just stupid, IMO.

I went in with an open mind- I'm not a Rob Zombie hater. I just thought it was a really cliche superficial script.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 03-03-2010, 12:49 AM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
Halloween 2

It was just stupid, IMO.

I went in with an open mind- I'm not a Rob Zombie hater. I just thought it was a really cliche superficial script.
I didn't much like the Laurie (or whoever) character, when she wasn't crying, she was being a bitch, when she wasn't being a bitch she was being crazy.
Wait...maybe that's not all that uncommon.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:03 AM
Bad Natured

The Elephant Man (1980)

This incredible entry from director great David Lynch takes him out of his normal weird auteur role and shows that he can create a simple and emotional masterpiece of the human spirit. This flick is at times difficult to watch, but then the next moment it will have you riveted to the screen, moved beyond emotion by the inner strength of a dignified soul ensconced within the frame of a monster. The irony in this flick is how such profound beauty is found in the unsightly industrial world by looking beyond the physical monstrosity that is our protagonist. The black and white film works wonderfully, and the cinematography is beautiful. The editing was rather dignified, which is perfect for this film. Anthony Hopkins and John Hurt helm their characters with aplomb. An absolute must see that will mine tears out of the most phlegmatic of beings. Mercie beaucoup.
d

Fate is my mistress, mother of the cruel abomination that is hope.