#41421  
Old 11-17-2019, 01:49 AM
DeadbeatAtDawn's Avatar
DeadbeatAtDawn DeadbeatAtDawn is offline
病気の
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Extreme Horror Cinema
Posts: 2,715
Escape From New York,1981. 9/10

Director: John Carpenter








Hellraiser,1987. 8/10

Director: Clive Barker

__________________
Thumb resize.
Reply With Quote
  #41422  
Old 11-17-2019, 02:46 AM
Tommy Jarvis's Avatar
Tommy Jarvis Tommy Jarvis is offline
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Belgium
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadbeatAtDawn View Post
Escape From New York,1981. 9/10

Director: John Carpenter


Kurt Russell looks so badass in this one.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #41423  
Old 11-17-2019, 02:30 PM
DeadbeatAtDawn's Avatar
DeadbeatAtDawn DeadbeatAtDawn is offline
病気の
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Extreme Horror Cinema
Posts: 2,715
House by the Cemetery, 1981. 7/10

Director: Lucio Fulci


__________________
Thumb resize.
Reply With Quote
  #41424  
Old 11-18-2019, 12:36 AM
FryeDwight FryeDwight is offline
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 1,559
THE VERDICT (1982). Don't think this is as good as it's Mae out to be, but decent turn by Paul Newman as a washed up lawyer who decides to take the high road for a change. Good support by Jack Warden and James Mason. ***
Reply With Quote
  #41425  
Old 11-18-2019, 08:22 PM
Sculpt's Avatar
Sculpt Sculpt is offline
ventricle
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA, IL
Posts: 5,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
THE VERDICT (1982). Don't think this is as good as it's Mae out to be, but decent turn by Paul Newman as a washed up lawyer who decides to take the high road for a change. Good support by Jack Warden and James Mason. ***
Yeah, I saw this for the first time in the last year or so, thought it was just OK. Not quite what I was expecting. It was highly hyped in it's time. There are much better court films, to say the least.
__________________
.
.
.
.


Last edited by Sculpt; 11-24-2019 at 04:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #41426  
Old 11-20-2019, 12:10 PM
David Luca's Avatar
David Luca David Luca is offline
Little Boo
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 9
Hello guys

I'm watching for RUST now
Reply With Quote
  #41427  
Old 11-24-2019, 03:01 AM
FryeDwight FryeDwight is offline
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 1,559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Yeah, I saw this for the first time in the last year or so, thought it was just OK. Not quite what I was expecting. It was highly hyped in it's time. There are much better court films, so say the least.
That is true...WITNESS FOR THE PROSECUTION , JUDGEMENT AT NUREMBERG ,
ANATOMY OF A MURDER, the funny MY COUSIN VINNIE and although it has continuity issues, let's throw in JAGGED EDGE!

THE PROWLER (1981). Some really good things here like Savini's special effects, a better than average opening with vintage props throughout and some lovely footage of wonderful Cape May NJ are done in by a truly unimaginative script and a overly huffy heroine. Know some people really like this, but I can't get into it. **
Reply With Quote
  #41428  
Old 11-25-2019, 01:45 AM
FryeDwight FryeDwight is offline
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 1,559
KINGDOM OF THE SPIDERS (1977). Kind of goofy in spots, but not a bad little flick, involving that old 70's chestnut of Nature striking back. While it's kind of hard to imagine William Shatner as a small town Vet, he is alright here and decent supporting cast of lovely Tiffany Bolling (although she is always dressed as though she were at a dinner party), Woody Strode, Altovise Davis (third Wife of Sammy Davis JR) and Marcy Lafferty as Bill's Sister-in-Law who may have feelings for him (in real life, she was MRS Shatner at the time)

Borrows elements from other films like THE BIRDS, NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD and especially JAWS, but can truthfully say, that once was enough, it wasn't boring. **1/2
Reply With Quote
  #41429  
Old 11-25-2019, 04:17 AM
Bloof's Avatar
Bloof Bloof is offline
Post Mortem

 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Stuck in the 80's..
Posts: 1,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
KINGDOM OF THE SPIDERS (1977). Kind of goofy in spots, but not a bad little flick, involving that old 70's chestnut of Nature striking back. While it's kind of hard to imagine William Shatner as a small town Vet, he is alright here and decent supporting cast of lovely Tiffany Bolling (although she is always dressed as though she were at a dinner party), Woody Strode, Altovise Davis (third Wife of Sammy Davis JR) and Marcy Lafferty as Bill's Sister-in-Law who may have feelings for him (in real life, she was MRS Shatner at the time)

Borrows elements from other films like THE BIRDS, NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD and especially JAWS, but can truthfully say, that once was enough, it wasn't boring. **1/2
Saw the rifftrax version of this!
Reply With Quote
  #41430  
Old 11-26-2019, 04:27 PM
Sculpt's Avatar
Sculpt Sculpt is offline
ventricle
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA, IL
Posts: 5,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloof View Post
Saw the rifftrax version of this!
Rifftrax version? Is it any different?

I enjoyed Kingdom of the Spiders when it debuted on TV. That was enough for me. I do love the fx still of the town covered in webs.

__________________
.
.
.
.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:18 AM.