Old 08-01-2008, 03:17 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
All the ones that I've seen (all of the "deads", Creepshow and Martin) were pretty good. I thought Land was the worst of the Dead series but still a good movie. I wasn't aware there were loads of Romero haters. I reckon Dawn is my favourite of his films.

The Ferrets like it...
Old 08-01-2008, 05:45 AM
Tonight's the nght.

I by no means hate him either.I respect him.I haven't seen alot of his stufef,but the stuff I did watch was pretty cool.I mean he's a legend.

Diary of the Dead (2007)-It was alright,I liked the whole personal feel,being shot in a first person perspective.

Land of the Dead (2005)-I was expecting the best thing since sliced bread,but I was dissapointed along with I think some people atleast.But I liked how He kept the Zombie or Zombies learning.Asia Argento was a plus too.Overall,I liked it,just was alittle dissapointed.

Bruiser (2000) -Haven't seen it.

The Dark Half (1993)-Haven't seen it.

aka Two Evil Eyes (1990)-Haven't seen it.

Monkey Shines (1988)-Haven't seen it.

Day of the Dead (1985)My favorite part of this movie was Bub,it was the first of his legendary original trilogy that I saw though.Liked it overall.Again,Bug was cool,One of my favorite characters in a horror movie.

Creepshow (1982)-The first horror movie I bought on VHS.Pretty fucking cool flick to me.Favorite part was when

:SPOILERS:::: the couple died and came back to life and killed the guy,that let them die and the whole Crate segment.

Knightriders (1981)-Haven't seen it.

Dawn of the Dead (1978)-Kind of late on seeing this one.Having seen the remake first(yeah I know).I loved the gore in this one though,I also loved the character Peter.Enjoyed it alot more then the Dawn remake.Hooray for open malls filled with zombies! My second favorite of his films ive seen.

Martin (1977)-Haven't seen it.

The Crazies (1973)-Haven't seen it.

Season of the Witch (1972)-Haven't seen it.

There's Always Vanilla (1971)-Haven't seen it,

Night of the Living Dead (1968)My favorite of his movies(I've seen)I loved the acting directing and everything.The gore was great for a 1968 film,I was suprised there was nudity in it.But it's a great start to a legendary trilogy.

Being,i've only seen his mainsteam films,I liked them all(that i've seen) alot.I will check out his other films eventually.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:44 AM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
Fair enough. I don't know why people have a problem with American Beauty, maybe you could enlighten me?

Diary of the Dead (2007)- 5/10 Watchable, but utterly weak and boring.

Land of the Dead (2005)- 4/10 Weak. I also found this one boring.

Bruiser (2000)- 5/10 Decent, but still nothing to write home about.

The Dark Half (1993)- Haven't seen this one. But since it's so imperative i'll look for it.

Two Evil Eyes (1990)- 6/10 I do like this one, admittedly.

Monkey Shines (1988)- 6/10 This one's unique, but I didn't really like the concept.

Day of the Dead (1985)- 6.5/10 My least favorite of the original 3 "Dead" films, but I love the last half, especially when the soldiers start getting it in the garage >=)

Creepshow (1982)- 6.5/10 I forget which segments were directed by who. Either way, I agree with what Dante said.

Knightriders (1981)- 4/10 I didn't think it was interesting.

Dawn of the Dead (1978)- 8/10 Really great take on zombie horror. I really like this movie, but I still don't see why it's been rated #1 before.

Martin (1977)- Haven't seen.

The Crazies (1973)- I remember liking this one somewhat, but it was a long time ago and I need to watch it again.

Season of the Witch (1972)- Haven't seen it.

There's Always Vanilla (1971)- Never even heard of it.

Night of the Living Dead (1968)- Easily his best, and possibly the best horror film of all time. I love it. I wish he had made more films like this. The ending is the best. 10/10

I'll try to check out the other films, but I just don't think he's all that spectacular. I know the majority of horror fans idolize him and that's fine, but I don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real
Old 08-01-2008, 07:47 AM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despare View Post
Well spoken, way to really make a point. Your ratings were so well thought out and I can really see where you're coming from. :rolleyes:

Go watch American Beauty again, but hurry, Hollister closes soon.
Way to antagonize on a meaningless point. Someone doesn't agree with you and you try to defend yourself with condescending shit. That's so well thought out and I can really see where you're coming from :rolleyes:

Quote:
oh posher, I love you.

None of this is real
Old 08-01-2008, 09:55 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to jenna26
I have tons of respect for Romero, and I think even his misses are usually pretty entertaining, from what I have seen. My ratings are based on a scale of 1-5 stars.

Diary of the Dead (2007) ~ haven't seen it yet

Land of the Dead (2005) ~ I thought it was fun, but wasn't as good as I was expecting. Entertaining enough though. 3 stars.

Bruiser (2000) ~ I actually liked this one until the ending, which was very weak. 2.5 Stars

The Dark Half (1993) ~ and here is another I personally really enjoy, I thought Hutton's performance was strong, and it has good atmosphere through most of it.....its has its problems sure, but I still think its a decent movie dammit. 3 Stars

aka Two Evil Eyes (1990) ~ if I did see it, I don't remember it very well.

Monkey Shines (1988) ~ interesting idea, but it doesn't always work. However, its a little odd, and entertaining enough to make up for the flaws. 3.5 Stars.

Day of the Dead (1985) ~ my least favorite of his first three zombie films. Something about it puts me off just a bit, but its still a solid horror film. 3.5 Stars. I need to watch it again, my rating may be higher if I did, who knows.

Creepshow (1982) ~ this one is just a lot of fun. 4 Stars

Knightriders (1981) ~ never seen it.

Dawn of the Dead (1978) ~ excellent. 5 Stars.

Martin (1977) ~ one of my favorite films, and one that I just don't think gets nearly enough love. 5 Stars.

The Crazies (1973) ~ I think I saw this one, but not positive. Obviously I don't remember it well enough to rate if I did.

Season of the Witch (1972) ~ never seen it.

There's Always Vanilla (1971) ~ never seen it.

Night of the Living Dead (1968) ~ Excellent, still the best zombie film ever made in my opinion. 5 Stars.

Last edited by jenna26; 08-01-2008 at 09:57 AM.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:22 AM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posher778 View Post
Way to antagonize on a meaningless point. Someone doesn't agree with you and you try to defend yourself with condescending shit. That's so well thought out and I can really see where you're coming from :rolleyes:
Has nothing to do with agreeing, I asked for people to rate films and you simply stated your opinion of the director with nothing to back it up. I'm glad my point came through. :)
Old 08-01-2008, 10:25 AM
Misfit

Quote:
Has nothing to do with agreeing, I asked for people to rate films and you simply stated your opinion of the director with nothing to back it up. I'm glad my point came through. :)
So you can buy me ice cream now.:)

Quote:
oh posher, I love you.

None of this is real
Old 08-01-2008, 10:33 AM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posher778 View Post
So you can buy me ice cream now.:)
I'm actually next to a Dairy Queen so come on over. Don't assume I'll ever be any less of a condescending ass just because I'd agree to buy you a sweet treat. ;)

As far as American Beauty goes, even though this isn't the thread for it, I thought it was very well acted but overall didn't love it. It felt needy and heavy handed, I guess I just couldn't relate to any of the characters in the film (and I probably never will). I don't think it's the worst movie ever made but I didn't like it by any means.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:48 AM
Misfit

Quote:
I'm actually next to a Dairy Queen so come on over. Don't assume I'll ever be any less of a condescending ass just because I'd agree to buy you a sweet treat. ;)

I don't think it's the worst movie ever made but I didn't like it by any means.
As I don't think Romero is the worst director ever.

Dairy Queen! We have one like 10 miles away, but it seems to be closed all the time, and when it's open the food is always undercooked.

Quote:
oh posher, I love you.

None of this is real
Old 08-01-2008, 11:10 AM
Chrono's Lesbian Lover

Eh, I figured I should make an effort and do this, seeing as zombie movies are my favorite(I know they all aren't).

Diary of the Dead (2007) - Meh, not that good, but some parts were 5/10

Land of the Dead (2005) - John Leguizamo Zombie, hells yeah, story was decent, though some of the characters kinda annoyed me. 8/10

Bruiser (2000) - Haven't seen.

The Dark Half (1993) - I liked this movie alot, though some don't. I never read the book but I've been looking into it lately. 7/10

aka Two Evil Eyes (1990) - Haven't seen.

Monkey Shines (1988) - I liked it 7/10

Day of the Dead (1985) - Ugh, i'm embarassed to say I still have not seen this. Can you beleive my local video store does not have this?!

Creepshow (1982) - Loved this movie. 9/10

Knightriders (1981) - Haven't seen or even heard of.

Dawn of the Dead (1978) - The Motha Fuckin Zombie Movie. 10/10

Martin (1977) - Not your average vampire flick, didn't enjoy it that much though 6/10

The Crazies (1973) - Haven't seen.

Season of the Witch (1972) - Meh, nothing special 4/10

There's Always Vanilla (1971) - Huh?

Night of the Living Dead (1968) - Classic movie, the ending I never expected 9/10
You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.