Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-20-2010, 11:37 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlauzon View Post
I've been meaning to see that, as well as "Paradise Alley" & "Nighthawks".

---------------

Last movie seen, "Deathstalker II: Duel of the Titans"

Dude. Your location informations....

I asked you earlier if you could do something about them.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:40 AM
The Spine Splitter

Send a message via AIM to Doctor Loomis Send a message via MSN to Doctor Loomis Send a message via Yahoo to Doctor Loomis
Saw III :)
Old 02-20-2010, 01:31 PM
Foxhole Atheist

Black Water (2007)

Half decent rampaging croc flick set in Australia. Some good acting, solid FX and fairly believable (with a couple of exceptions) set pieces. Worth spening 90 mins to watch.

Battle Royalty, 2009
@Wolf_Scousemac
Old 02-20-2010, 05:58 PM
Atrocity Exhibition

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlauzon View Post
I've been meaning to see that, as well as "Paradise Alley" & "Nighthawks".

---------------

Last movie seen, "Deathstalker II: Duel of the Titans"

I've not seen Paradise Alley, but Nighthawks is another great Stallone flick.
Old 02-20-2010, 07:08 PM
Midnight toker

Deliverance. Quality film. :cool:
Old 02-20-2010, 07:25 PM
Waste Disposer

Vexille again-just as awesome as the first time
think I am going to have to buy this
Old 02-20-2010, 07:52 PM
mostly ghostly?

Shutter Island (2010)

Wanted to give this a proper review myself:

A hulking, brooding monster of anxious filmmaking, all wild storms and unsettling scowls and crooked angles; a hand-woven tapestry of flashbacks, hallucinations, corrupted memories, and unreliable reality. DiCaprio's protagonist Teddy is a faulty flashlight in the dark, labyrinthine mess of Shutter Island.
There have been notices of influences like Fuller, Hitchcock, Kubrick, and while I think all of these are present, make no mistake that this is a Scorsese film. A singular work, no doubt, but Scorsese for sure. Playing almost giddily with twists and cliched devices, no matter when you think you have all the pieces put together, he makes this picture not about the final result, but about getting there. It's about the journey to the end. And he builds the tension, and holds us in captivity, until he releases it like a pressure cooker and the credits ooze onscreen. And I have to say, the final few minutes of this film, and the questions presented there, just knocked me flat.

Fabulous acting, cinematography, set design, everything really. A maddening, wonderful cohesive picture.

Last edited by fortunato; 02-20-2010 at 07:56 PM.
Old 02-20-2010, 07:57 PM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkytrio666 View Post
Shutter Island (2010) - 4.5/5

Come one, come all- let a real filmmaker get inside your brain and tamper around, because the experience is exhilerating. There is no McGuffin twist here, no cheap shots- what you see is what you get, but when everything is said and done you will need to experience it all over again. The best part of the movie is Scorsese's decision to take this film back to it's genre roots. The story was already set in the 1950s, but Marty uses Lewton scare tactics, a Hitchcockian camera and Clouzot's slow-burn technique to bring us an experience we simply never have today. An island is as perfect a location as any for this filmmaker's careful touch, and what starts in mystery ends that way; it's set somewhere off of Massachusetts, but this place might as well be on another planet. Robbie Robertson has organized and created one of his best scores to date, a thrilling music accompaniment that jives perfectly with Scorsese's images. Most impressive, though, is the cast- all of whom deliver jaw-dropping performances. Kingsley is mysterious and Max von Sydow is a welcome blast from the past. The real treasure, as always, is DiCaprio, an actor of tremedous power, who gives one of his most sensational performances here and whose ability literally allows the movie to work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fortunato View Post
Shutter Island (2010)

A hulking, brooding monster of anxious filmmaking, all wild storms and unsettling scowls and crooked angles; a hand-woven tapestry of flashbacks, hallucinations, corrupted memories, and unreliable reality. DiCaprio's protagonist Teddy is a faulty flashlight in the dark, labyrinthine mess of Shutter Island.
There have been notices of influences like Fuller, Hitchcock, Kubrick, and while I think all of these are present, make no mistake that this is a Scorsese film. A singular work, no doubt, but Scorsese for sure. Playing almost giddily with twists and cliched devices, no matter when you think you have all the pieces put together, he makes this picture not about the final result, but about getting there. It's about the journey to the end. And he builds the tension, and holds us in captivity, until he releases it like a pressure cooker and the credits ooze onscreen. And I have to say, the final few minutes of this film just knocked me flat.

Fabulous acting, cinematography, set design, everything really. A maddening, wonderful cohesive picture.
Now I HAVE to see this!
Old 02-20-2010, 10:04 PM
Pirate of Bengal

She's Crushed (2009)

An average low budget torture flick with nice amount of orange color gore everywhere.

>>: C-

My Name is Nobody (1973)

A true classic western gem.

>>: A

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes (1978)

>>: B-

Paranoid Park (2007)

>>: B

Under the Mountain (2009)

>>: C
Old 02-20-2010, 10:26 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
That film's a lot of fun.
yes, pretty daring but lovely plot for a film of 50's. I think it'd be interesting if Bollywood make an Indian remake of it with Rakhi Sawant.:)